2nds Port Adelaide vs Sturt - Qualifying Final @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

All I'm saying is that the Magpies win loss column means nothing anymore. As long as our players are developing correctly for the Afl then I'm happy. Up to 5-6 years ago I would always get down to the maggies games with the kids and be shitty when we lost. The passion is lost now because it is a reserves team.

I want them to win the premiership this year to stick it up the Sanfl but if they don't I won't be too emotional about it.

It just has never made any logic when a poster feels the need to express their lack of interest or passion or whatever you call it after a Magpies game, and I swear it mostly happens after a win.

I'm sure the anti-Port supporters won't be too emotional if the Magpies don't win the flag either.

Yes it's why last week I was saying Ross should be coming in.
Out Sharrad, like the way he goes about it but makes some terrible mistakes at times.
In ross

I would be surprised if Sharrad has two bad ones in a row. I think Irra should come in to cover Rudloff position and Ross comes in for Rudloff spot. Obviously an afl player that played will miss.

I would be surprised if Sharrad has two bad ones in a row. I think Irra should come in to cover Rudloff position and Ross comes in for Rudloff spot. Obviously an afl player that played will miss.
I might be wrong but my recollection is sharrad has struggled a touch in the finals series in previous years too. Plays well during the year but struggles when the pressure goes up. Might be wrong but I have this vague memory of it in the past.

What a high pressure situation here. Big goal from Tommy Gray!

Then Eddy with the sealer!

Eddy seems perfect for counter-attacking footy, doesn't he?

look an amazing start, don't think anyone was expecting that. Sturt were excellent, don't think they could have played too much better against us (given how well we were going) in the end it was a good tough PAFC win. Lobbe was terrific, Impey looks silk down back, got some good players coming thru in the Maggies (I don't get to see them play unless on TV) signs look good

It just has never made any logic when a poster feels the need to express their lack of interest or passion or whatever you call it after a Magpies game, and I swear it mostly happens after a win.

I'm sure the anti-Port supporters won't be too emotional if the Magpies don't win the flag either.
People were posting about crowd numbers and the low crowds, all I did was comment in an open online forum to maybe explain why.

Sorry to post my opinion opinions/feelings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Snelling and Eddy were our best.

What do we do with Snelling next year ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd love to keep him on the list, especially given we are likely to cull quite a few in the off season. I was very bullish on his prospects last year and his debut was solid. Perhaps he is a slow burn? Persist with him.

People were posting about crowd numbers and the low crowds, all I did was comment in an open online forum to maybe explain why.

Sorry to post my opinion opinions/feelings.

There are some posters on here absolutely obsessed with crowd and membership numbers!

Entertaining game yesterday. Umps were awful but so were our attempts to break tackles. Sturt were more intense with their attack on the ball and were by far the more aggressive side + Mattner will be snapped up by an AFL team at seasons end.
Lobbe was great - looked fresh and mobile.
Young did his usual workman like efforts around the packs
Eddy - I've always been a fan. Criminal he hasn't been recalled
Toumpas gives you 100% effort. Underrated year he has had. He may be re-signed for a year.
Atley was energetic and aggressive without a lot of reward. He aint as quick as some say he is.
Palmer - i watched him closely - lacks speed and his ability to clunk a mark has disappeared. Played as a tall which he is not. Two goals=tick
R Young - definitely AFL standard with a pre-season on the weights
Hewitt - was he injured or didnt make the team - missed him
Monfries has lost so much weight/muscle - a shadow of his best
White had flashes of brilliance but seems to be on the way out

Overall a great game of contested footy - Sturt showed us up with structure and intensity but we scraped home somehow.

You do realise that most of that Sturt team has been on an afl list at some time yeah?
that's what I find so very amusing about these sanful clubs if they truly want no afl in the sanfl then perhaps they should stop raiding the contingent of ex experienced afl players for their own needs

that's what I find so very amusing about these sanful clubs if they truly want no afl in the sanfl then perhaps they should stop raiding the contingent of ex experienced afl players for their own needs
It's more the grassroots whinging that gets me when every time they could start plugging games into local lad Joe Blogger they take the AFL delist bin 9 times out of ten.

Entertaining game yesterday. Umps were awful but so were our attempts to break tackles. Sturt were more intense with their attack on the ball and were by far the more aggressive side + Mattner will be snapped up by an AFL team at seasons end.
Lobbe was great - looked fresh and mobile.
Young did his usual workman like efforts around the packs
Eddy - I've always been a fan. Criminal he hasn't been recalled
Toumpas gives you 100% effort. Underrated year he has had. He may be re-signed for a year.
Atley was energetic and aggressive without a lot of reward. He aint as quick as some say he is.
Palmer - i watched him closely - lacks speed and his ability to clunk a mark has disappeared. Played as a tall which he is not. Two goals=tick
R Young - definitely AFL standard with a pre-season on the weights
Hewitt - was he injured or didnt make the team - missed him
Monfries has lost so much weight/muscle - a shadow of his best
White had flashes of brilliance but seems to be on the way out

Overall a great game of contested footy - Sturt showed us up with structure and intensity but we scraped home somehow.

Is there a way to watch the full game online?

I was otherwise employed doing stuff around the house but son went.
Good first half but Blues got there bearings in the second half.

Tend to think we fell across the line, but really pleased we gutsed it out.
The harder tackling and bigger bodied Sturt side was always going to test us, so hopefully we learnt a few lessons for next week.

Think that this was the first taste of finals for most of our team, and the value of that experience cannot be measured in their development.
Sturt were ferocious in their 2nd half attack, so to quell that and lift at the end of the game was a good sign. Don't think the Blues could have played any better in the last stanza.

Agree the Mattner will get picked up as an assistant for a few years then looking at the big job somewhere. Maybe Port have a vacancy?

I agree with this in the third quarter, but in the first half we absolutely dominated and Sturt struggled to get through our zone. They actually were lucky we weren't further ahead given our dominance from the 5 minute mark of the first to 25th minute mark of the 2nd quarter.

I see all the 'negatives' with Eddy but why not focus on the positives rather than just saying nah..... (for Chr!sts sake he is there to kick goals)....

With Trengove we gave him a whole year to hopefully be a forward and do it with a positive attitude and ignored the glaring obvious 'negative' deficiencies.

It's just double standards no matter how you look at it, seriously Trengove the giraffe can apply defensive pressure any more than Eddy? give me a break.

Yeah but Trengove can ruck or play CHB if needed- Eddy can't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back