2nds Port Adelaide vs Sturt - Round 11 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone tell me how watts went?
Watts looked like he did when he played TAC CUP when he was an under 18. A class above anything out there, looked to be doing it in second gear because that is all the level requires. The problem is the last 8 years tells us he doesn't actually have that extra gear to go up to. He is a handy third tall at AFL level. For the next month we are better off getting game time into Marshall then start thinking about who we want out of those two in our team on Grand Final Day.

Irra nearly played in the Showdown.

Coaching group think he's ready, just can't get him in.
Has he even been an emergency yet? Should be next week along with Farrell and Barry.

Has he even been an emergency yet? Should be next week along with Farrell and Barry.

Once or twice he's been emergency

Watts looked like he did when he played TAC CUP when he was an under 18. A class above anything out there, looked to be doing it in second gear because that is all the level requires. The problem is the last 8 years tells us he doesn't actually have that extra gear to go up to. He is a handy third tall at AFL level. For the next month we are better off getting game time into Marshall then start thinking about who we want out of those two in our team on Grand Final Day.
We didn't bring him for what he could be, but for what he is.

Exaggerating a bit, if his game guernsey doesn't need to go to the loundry after the final siren, that could still be ok. If he has found open teammates or scored goals whenever he received the ball, he did what he was hired for.

If he does nothing, but has still taken an opponent out of the game, openning space for Dixon, Marshall, Robbie, and Sam, that would be fine as well.

Watts didn't come to shine, but to make others brighter.

One of my favourites and a ripper of a bloke too. He is so slippery and short of a little finesse with ball in hand could be anything.
My fear is that he'll never be given a go. Put him on the big stage and he might be an overnight sensation.
Regrettably he's more than likely gunna be left to wither on the vine getting picked up by an ungrateful smirking sanfl rival.
If so he wouldn't be the 1st and certainly not the last. There's now a conga line of wannabes who never will be that are
plying their trade elsewhere. It's the nature of the beast. The sanfl are like a thankless petulant teen handed everything and still
angry. Don't bother asking what they're angry about coz they couldn't tell ya.
The truth is they're just campaigners.

It's like the political party someone without an original thought votes for.
"I'm angry because my father was angry and so was his father before him."

Credit to coach Matty Lokan too. Took a punt on swapping Frampton and Ladhams at full back on the resting Sturt rucks. Crammed as much pace into the forward line as he could as Sturt started to wilt under the run of Port. The players responded to his continued emphasis on winning contested ball and levelled that up by the end of the game. Responded well to Sturt's Sydney style shut down footy.
Could that have been the reason Kenny hasn't been prepared to play Frampton yet? Wanted the defensive side of his game cleaned up a bit? In that case Billy certainly delivered getting in the way quite a few times, especially in the last quarter.

Simple... Both.

Haven’t had the chance to watch the Maggie’s much this year, hoping someone can help

- Does Irra have what it takes for AFL?

- Who does Garner remind people of?

- How far away is Farrell from the A’s?

Cheers guys
Irra yes. Would like to see him go through the midfield..
Garner. Monty in a way, mainly for the way he reads the play and his high marking skills above his head
Farrel, reminds me of a left footed Schofield. Skilled good in front of goal, would tear up the wing..

Last edited:
Garner. Monty in a way, mainly for the way he reads the play and his high marking skills above his head
Farrel, reminds me of a left footed Schofield. Skilled good in front of goal, would tear up the wing..

Farrell is a combination of Schofield, Rohan Smith and Darrell Cahill.
Can see him having a long AFL career, hopefully with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree re Garner. So good at reading the ball when in flight. Outmarked his opponent several times because of it.

Agree re Garner. So good at reading the ball when in flight. Outmarked his opponent several times because of it.
He doesn't just float across like Monty though. He uses his body with strength and cleverness.

Tom Harley perhaps

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Loving you final portion of optimism :)

He has that laconic look that has frustrated many with the Hoff over the years.
As long as he plays his role I am happy for him to be happy.
Must be a great feel around the club with personalities like his and Irra’s.

A healthy list and players in the Magpies pushing hard for selection. Injuries are unpredictable but right now we are well placed to push for a top 4 spot
Right now I would say that our world class High Performance department is beating our neighbours’ world class High Performance esports department :drunk:

Once or twice he's been emergency

When was that? I thought as a Cat B rookie he wasn’t eligible to be an emergency unless we upgrade him for an LTI. Or was he upgraded to Cat A last off-season?

Farrell is impressive but he has a way to go before he plays afl -needs to get more of the ball in the reserves. But he looks bloody good when he has got the ball.

Watts was great - I was worried he would have a poor showing yesterday but his intent was spot on from the start. He looked like he wanted tio step up - people mention Watt's intensity is an issue at afl level but he had it in spades yesterday. Just wish he could bring that level to the afl. Not sure what holds him back?

I really liked Trengove's game, he is knocking on the door. He deserves another shot at league but just needs to wait for a spot to open for him.

Cant wait to see Irra play AFL - its gonna happen.

When was that? I thought as a Cat B rookie he wasn’t eligible to be an emergency unless we upgrade him for an LTI. Or was he upgraded to Cat A last off-season?

Im positive ive seen his name on the extended interchange at least once this year

Farrell is impressive but he has a way to go before he plays afl -needs to get more of the ball in the reserves. But he looks bloody good when he has got the ball.

Watts was great - I was worried he would have a poor showing yesterday but his intent was spot on from the start. He looked like he wanted tio step up - people mention Watt's intensity is an issue at afl level but he had it in spades yesterday. Just wish he could bring that level to the afl. Not sure what holds him back?

I really liked Trengove's game, he is knocking on the door. He deserves another shot at league but just needs to wait for a spot to open for him.

Cant wait to see Irra play AFL - its gonna happen.
This this and this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back