2nds Port Adelaide vs Sturt - Round 11 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven’t had the chance to watch the Maggie’s much this year, hoping someone can help

- Does Irra have what it takes for AFL?

I know others have seen more but that wa sthe first game Inwould say yes. He plays a lot like Jasper Pittard but bigger, harder and without such a penetrating leg. Brain fades and all. If he can mature like Jasper has he definitely has the speed, size and hardness to be a very handy player.

- Who does Garner remind people of?

Dare I say it but Hodge. He looked a leader out there today and was so calm and crucial when the game was on the line

- How far away is Farrell from the A’s?

Still a fair bit at off IMO when we are talking about dropping Lindsay or keeping Watts out but he has shown a lot of promise.

Cheers guys

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Garner was so good today. Loved his game.
Broad shoulders. Dunno what else stands out coz I don't know him well enough.
His West Indian namesake when playing cricket was asked one time whether everything was in proportion.
The 6ft 8in great fast bowler replied NO if everything was in proportion I'd be 8ft 10in

Haven’t had the chance to watch the Maggie’s much this year, hoping someone can help

- Does Irra have what it takes for AFL?

- Who does Garner remind people of?

- How far away is Farrell from the A’s?

Cheers guys

I can't see Farrell getting a game this year, only because of the players he has in front of him, but I love how he's developing. He was super important to that win.

Garner still reminds me of a young Houli.

Irra not so sure. I feel he's close to as good as he's going to get now. He does some things which make you go wow, then he loses his opponent, or turns it over. He might be worth another year.

Toumpas was very good. Full of composure when Sturt were attacking in the last 15 minutes. Brilliant.

Trengove was great up until the last quarter when he made 3 absolutely horrific errors. AJ was very good. Atley has gotten bigger through the core, just a beast of a kid. Thought Frampton had some very good moments in the last quarter. Barry was class.

Was a good win. To come from 5 goals down to beat the premiers. Great game.

Irra not so sure. I feel he's close to as good as he's going to get now. He does some things which make you go wow, then he loses his opponent, or turns it over. He might be worth another year.
Yeah, realistically I don't think he'll make it but I'd like to see his effort and form rewarded with a game in the seniors.

Why? he's improved out of sight since we listed him & goes at it like a man possessed at times, he does have the odd Pittard-esque dodgy moment here and there that's about it.

Best game I've seen him play by miles!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
One of my favourites and a ripper of a bloke too. He is so slippery and short of a little finesse with ball in hand could be anything.
My fear is that he'll never be given a go. Put him on the big stage and he might be an overnight sensation.
Regrettably he's more than likely gunna be left to wither on the vine getting picked up by an ungrateful smirking sanfl rival.
If so he wouldn't be the 1st and certainly not the last. There's now a conga line of wannabes who never will be that are
plying their trade elsewhere. It's the nature of the beast. The sanfl are like a thankless petulant teen handed everything and still
angry. Don't bother asking what they're angry about coz they couldn't tell ya.
The truth is they're just campaigners.

Why? he's improved out of sight since we listed him & goes at it like a man possessed at times, he does have the odd Pittard-esque dodgy moment here and there that's about it.

He's 24. I think he needs to improve another 20% to get to AFL standard and i'm not sure he can do that.

9rEeXZR.png

RXUTvz4.png

Something clicked early-mid way through that 3rd quarter. Just before it was like 20 to 40-something and we looked defeated, playing a chippy game style.
The rain came, not hard but steady slow misty rain, but we woke up and realised it was going to be a hard tough scrap and the slick dry weather AFL footy tactics weren't going to cut it. We played proper one on one footy in a lot of contests and the old blokes lead the kids - Trengove, Watts, Barry, Toumpas and Summo.. And then the kids started going in harder - Farrell, Gardner, Davidson, Hewett, Amon, Atley etc knew that they didn't have to play highly skilled possession footy because the footy was becoming a piece of soap so they just had to play basic hard tough wet weather footy.

And a special mention to Billy and Ladhams who had to play in the unusual position of fullback when not rucking. I was particularly impressed with 3 or 4 efforts by Ladhams who willed himself when the ball was on the ground to make sure Sturt didn't win the ball.

Apparently the Crows reserves have set an SANFL record with their loss today.
What a weekend they have had.
Ken said "you get what you deserve" and who am I to disagree. Commiserations all round coz it's not as though the try hards
didn't tried hard. Records like ^ are not easily earnt. A collective mind's set of arrogance and entitlement will getcha eventually.
Like a rich kid in the lolly shop whinging about tooth decay. As to who gets the bigger slice of the pie between the sanfl and the SMA
'tis like 2 bald men fighting over a comb. Either way we and the neighbours are the sponsors of their largesse only our neighbours
don't realise they've been had. That's coz they're part of the problem. Trying to run with the hare yet hunt with the hounds.
Sometimes your obvious despite yourself. No balls coz you've been caught straddling the fence.
Squeal to somebody who cares.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still going to be tough to make finals from 2.5 games out. We've got a game in hand over two teams in the five but they're Norwood(3.5 games ahead) and the Eagles(4 games ahead). At least percentage doesn't matter.
Top-5 teams also play against each other. Win, and we are in. Easier said than done, but it is true.

Enjoyed it too much? Please. That's just the way he is. Someone could run over his cat and he'd be all smiles.

Yeah mate it was really exciting watching Tiddles trying to get out of the way of that car. It's bad luck but I can rescue a kitten from an animal shelter now.

*wink, smile* and a million girl's hearts melt.

He's just that kind of guy. Rather that than someone who goes to reserves and sulks.

Did you see Reece Homfray’s tweet that the recruiters were there to check him out.

Yeah but I was just curious who was on him. Hard to tell from TV coverage. Commentators were useless.

Can someone tell me how watts went?
Delivered in spades with a disarming smile. Reminded me of the slick Italiano who doubled as mini bus driver and tour guide
for our Almafi coast sojourn 4yrs ago. The kinda guy who could steal your wallet, take your girl and you'd still like him.
Victimless crime? mmmmm ........... maybe not.

Yeah but I was just curious who was on him. Hard to tell from TV coverage. Commentators were useless.
Last quarter he played on at least one of our defenders who had long sleeves on as I noted it was unusual to have opposing players with long sleaves on. Toumpas and Farrell had long sleaves on but don't think it was one of them.

Credit to coach Matty Lokan too. Took a punt on swapping Frampton and Ladhams at full back on the resting Sturt rucks. Crammed as much pace into the forward line as he could as Sturt started to wilt under the run of Port. The players responded to his continued emphasis on winning contested ball and levelled that up by the end of the game. Responded well to Sturt's Sydney style shut down footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back