2nds Port Adelaide vs Sturt - Round 11 @ Alberton

Sunday 20th of June 2:10pm at Alberton Oval.

For details on how to watch the game go to this thread: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/watching-the-maggies-in-the-sanfl-in-2021.1255843/

Radio: 1629 SEN SA & SEN App

Pending injury lists we could see Sutcliffe (Shoulder) and Mayes (Neck Soreness) return. Wildman 's hammy will be assessed. Duursma, Mead and Pasini, Burgoyne could be another week away. McEntee is only allowed to play if Sturt give us permission, which apparently has been granted. Lienert, Garner and Frederick I'm predicting are a chance to get called up, perhaps for Farrell, Woodcock and Bonner.

This game is a day after the AFL game so the sub will be able to play (EG: Hartlett). Edit: Sub activated, so Hammer is out.

1 games clear in the top 5 and with a game in hand. A good opportunity to create a 2 game buffer.
1623659476063.png

Maggies Side:
IN: Mayes, Woodcock, Sutcliffe, Bonner
OUT: Lienert (AFL), Hartlett (AFL), Bode, Wong

F: Williams - Lord - Sutcliffe (C)
HF: Moore - Weidemann - Woodcock
C: Bonner - Appleton - Schofield
HB: Frederick - Edwards - Wildman
B: Strange - Goldsack - Garner
R: Hayes - Corcoran - Mayes
INT FROM: McEntee - Samblich - Aldridge - Westbrook

Last edited:

Portmagpies36

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sunday 20th of June 2:10pm at Alberton Oval.

For details on how to watch the game go to this thread: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/watching-the-maggies-in-the-sanfl-in-2021.1255843/

Radio: 1629 SEN SA & SEN App

Pending injury lists we could see Sutcliffe (Shoulder), Mayes (Neck Soreness) and Burgoyne (Hamstring Tightness) come back. Duursma, Mead and Pasini could be another week away. McEntee is only allowed to play if Sturt give us permission, which is unlikely. Lienert, Garner and Frederick I'm predicting are a chance to get called up, perhaps for Farrell, Woodcock and Bonner.

This game is a day after the AFL game so the sub will be able to play (EG: Frederick).

1 games clear in the top 5 and with a game in hand. A good opportunity to create a 2 game buffer.
View attachment 1155167

Predicted Maggies Side:
IN: Sutcliffe, Mayes, Burgoyne, Farrell, Woodcock, Bonner
OUT: McEntee (Ineligible), Lienert (AFL), Garner (AFL), Bode, Aldridge, Wildman

F: Williams - Lord - Sutcliffe
HF: Woodcock - Weidemann - Burgoyne
C: Farrell - Appleton - Schofield
HB: Frederick - Edwards - Bonner
B: Hartlett - Goldsack - Strange
R: Hayes - Corcoran - Mayes
INT FROM: Wong - Samblich - Westbrook - Moore

Who is paying McEntee's wages? That Sturt decide if he plays or not is beyond laughable.

Who is paying McEntee's wages? That Sturt decide if he plays or not is beyond laughable.
RussellEbertHandball Do AFL listed players get any bonus money for completing an SANFL game, or do they have a base salary and it doesn't improve unless they play AFL?

RussellEbertHandball Do AFL listed players get any bonus money for completing an SANFL game, or do they have a base salary and it doesn't improve unless they play AFL?
All AFL players get paid for playing in the state leagues. It used to $500 match payments as I remember reading stuff in the CBA about injury payments and if the injury occured in a state league game. I think that was the 2012-16 CBA. I think it went up to $1,000. or that was the talk it would be doubled, but I would have to look at the 2017-22 CBA as well as the AFL regulations to confirm it.

All AFL players get paid for playing in the state leagues. It used to $500 match payments as I remember reading stuff in the CBA about injury payments and if the injury occured in a state league game. I think that was the 2012-16 CBA. I think it went up to $1,000. or that was the talk it would be doubled, but I would have to look at the 2017-22 CBA as well as the AFL regulations to confirm it.
So McEntee could be missing out on $1000 because of this rule?

So McEntee could be missing out on $1000 because of this rule?
I guess so, if Sturt/SANFL don't let him play in the Port v Sturt game. Port could always pay him as if he had been picked and it would be considered a standard Football Payment for TPP purposes.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
On 7's Sunday SANFL game coverage, Mark Soderstrom said that Sturt had given permission for Jed McEntee to play for the Magpies against Sturt next Sunday as they didn't want to impede his progress.
If that is true then we'll done to Sturt. That is genuine class

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feb 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
On 7's Sunday SANFL game coverage, Mark Soderstrom said that Sturt had given permission for Jed McEntee to play for the Magpies against Sturt next Sunday as they didn't want to impede his progress.

This really goes against my f*ck Sturt rhetoric I've been running with

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
It’s unbelievable really- a club putting an ex-player’s interests above their own. Sort of like we did when trading Ryder for a packet of crisps (not Cripps). Anyway, well done, Sturt.

PS I still haven‘t forgiven them for 1976 though. Still hope they fold.

Festerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC Maggies SANFL, ASU Sun Devils
Thanks for the heads up. These Sunday games throw me. I've felt that empty feeling as you turn into Earle Avenue off Port Road wondering where all the cars are many times.

While the Sturt Club's decision to allow McEntee play for us is welcomed it does not diminish my hatred of their supporter base who have become one of the most feral in the SANFL over the past two decades. There's one of those badge wearing muppets with a waist circumference that even Magellan would have found challenging to circumnavigate, who plants himself under the Williams stand and just bellows out utter anti Port bile all match long.

Beating them at home is always a joy. Let's hope we can do it again

I'm starting to have some respect for the way that Sturt are conducting themselves. Their statement when Jed (and Ash Johnson) got his chance was all class, and now this. They seem to be one of the few clubs that has embraced their role in modern day football rather than clinging to the 'sEcOnD bEsT lEaGuE' nonsense. They're also pretty much the only club in the SANFL whose list isn't full of past it AFL 100 gamers.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Port will welcome back its captain to host Sturt at Alberton Oval.
Skipper Cam Sutcliffe has overcome his latest shoulder setback to be named across half-forward.
Driving defender Riley Bonner returns to take his place across half-back, replacing Jace Bode, who earned his SANFL Life Membership last week after playing his 198th club game. This adds to his two appearances for the West End State Team in 2014 and 2015.
Former Double Blues Jed McEntee will face his former side, lining up for the Magpies.

League

F: Aldridge, Lord, Williams
HF: Weidemann, Sutcliffe, McEntee
C: Schofield, Appleton, Wildman
HB: Bonner, Goldsack, Garner
B: Westbrook, Corcoran, Strange

R: Hayes, Moore, Samblich

INT: Edwards, Wong, Carter

IN: Sutcliffe, Bonner

OUT: Bode

Sturt let McEntee play? Maybe they are serious about promoting their players to the top league.

Portmagpies36

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm starting to have some respect for the way that Sturt are conducting themselves. Their statement when Jed (and Ash Johnson) got his chance was all class, and now this. They seem to be one of the few clubs that has embraced their role in modern day football rather than clinging to the 'sEcOnD bEsT lEaGuE' nonsense. They're also pretty much the only club in the SANFL whose list isn't full of past it AFL 100 gamers.

Maybe they just can't afford them.

Back