2nds Port Adelaide vs Sturt - Round 11 @ Alberton

Chizza12

All Australian
Jul 29, 2016
Wynn Vale
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
maybe, maybe not.
I would love to see him at afl level. I think there’s questions about whether he has the fitness to do what we need running wise forward defensive work when we don’t have it, but when we have the ball and go into our forward line how will his ability not translate?

every chance that translates as good or better
Because he's playing on AFL quality defenders. He can't just play out of the goal square, he'd be a complete liability when we don't have the ball. He'd basically be a smaller less fit version of Darcy Fogarty.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We are still about 3 AFL players short, Ladhams, Clurey and Marshall would do it.

this magpies side desperately lacks a centre mid whos pushing for afl selection type.

we rely on Hayes to mayes super dominance and a bunch of amateur players like Appleton to have good games in the middle

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Because he's playing on AFL quality defenders. He can't just play out of the goal square, he'd be a complete liability when we don't have the ball. He'd basically be a smaller less fit version of Darcy Fogarty.

the afl quality defenders would be on Dixon Georgiades Marshall / ladhams and rozee and possibly more.

he’s not playing on their best 1st 2nd or even 3rd best defender. He’s playing on a guy you probably have never heard of.

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1624171888640.png

Chizza12

All Australian
Jul 29, 2016
Wynn Vale
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
the afl quality defenders would be on Dixon Georgiades Marshall / ladhams and rozee and possibly more.

he’s not playing on their best 1st 2nd or even 3rd best defender. He’s playing on a guy you probably have never heard of.
That makes no sense, are you suggesting that the 4th to 6th best defenders aren't better than the hacks in the SANFL, ridiculous comment...

Sometimes you just have to give a guy a chance

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That makes no sense, are you suggesting that the 4th to 6th best defenders aren't better than the hacks in the SANFL, ridiculous comment...
I said I don’t see why Williams skills wouldn’t translate to AFL level, you made a point about how quality afl defenders would nullify him.

the 5th/ 6th afl defenders usually aren’t good defenders and are often running offensive types. Most teams don’t have 6 good two way defenders. Hell most teams barely have a couple.
if they try to stick one of those types on him how are they going to go with him in the air?
my question marks on Williams as I said is when we don’t have the ball will he not be able to run and spread to the system we have.

Back