2nds Port Adelaide vs Sturt - Round 11 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching this game is just so embarrassing. How can we honestly continue in this competition under the current rules. Half the players in the Magpies are not even close to SANFL standard. The team is just so compromised it's not funny. Just makes for an awful spectical. It's not good for the Magpies, it's not good for SANFL, and it's not good for Port's developing players... These guys are by and large going backwards.

The sooner we get out of this crap show, the better.

Watching this game is just so embarrassing. How can we honestly continue in this competition under the current rules. Half the press on the Magpies are not even close to SANFL standard. The team is just so compromised it's not funny. Just makes for an awful spectical. It's not good for the Magpies, it's not good for SANFL, and it's not good for Port's developing players... These guys are by and large going backwards.

The sooner we get out of this crap show, the better.
It’s a different story if we have half the injury list we currently have.

Want to see Williams kick a bag and be more consistent
Want to see Lord dominate at FF
Weidemann has been good
Woodcock needs to bounce back

Bonner needs to dominate
Schofield has been excellent, same again please
Edwards to show some consistency please

Carter has looked good, more of the same
Garner - make it impossible to not play against Sydney next week!
Hayes - win the taps
Mayes will improve the side

Looking forward to watching.

Because he's playing on AFL quality defenders. He can't just play out of the goal square, he'd be a complete liability when we don't have the ball. He'd basically be a smaller less fit version of Darcy Fogarty.
On the back of losing Gray. Williams the dominates, kicking 6 when the rest of the side was really poor with below par entries I50.

To not pick Williams now sends a massive message to the team, don’t bother trying because you won’t earn a spot in the AFL side anyway.

Like a few others I think we give Williams a shot.
We are constantly told he is a Robbie Gray type well we are never going to get a better chance to see.
We need to find out if he is worth persevering with anyway.
There have been a few players that have surprised us when they have come in over the last few years so let’s go.
Not sure what to make of Garner very good defender but invisible when we have the ball. Would probably be okay in AFL team with decent players around him.

Williams could be one of those guys that performs better at AFL level than SANFL. He could be the next DBJ or Drew.
If he performs better at AFL level does that mean he kicks 10 goals next week against Sydney? Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bonner just wiped Strange out. 3 weeks.

At least Lienert wiped out a direct threat to his position.

Bonner can't even do that right! :p

Hayes to mayes were massive for us.

mayes with 27d 11t and 6clr is the centrepiece of our midfield.

Hayes 51 hitouts and directed them well. Wanted him to take more marks around the ground but would have been hard when we couldn’t even retain the ball to give him a chance to set up anywhere.

Williams massive game. 6 goals in a game we barely got the ball inside 50 and those few entries were garbage.

woodcock - 22d and 8 clearances. In some ways one of our better players and key for us but also had so many moments where he proved that he’s not a afl footballer. Struggles to impact and I don’t see him as the clearance player at afl player he is in the sanfl.

Bonner - was probably our only player who hurt Sturt with his disposal today. Every other player just played into sturts hands. Unfortunately Bonner also can hurt port with his disposal.

mcintee - pointless really. We drafted a tackling clearance winning mid who had just nailed a month of very good football in the middle for Sturt and have tried to turn him into a forward.

frederick - bad game. Pointless running around, fumbly and absolutely baffling disposal. Could even maybe live with a guy just having a bad kick but some of his decision making by foot today was insanely dumb and there’s no reasonable explanation for why he would even do them. They weren’t even risks that would do something if they came off, just zero logic.

Garner - why did we try him in the centre? Could have tried that any of the many games we’ve had games stitched up in the fourth, but to open a game? Weird. And we got punished for it. We sucked in the middle to start and our backline was hopeless in the first Qtr.

Schofield - injured. Just our

lord - not much to show for it but thought we gave him no chance with our game.

What I like about Lord is he has a bit of mongrel. When he's had a few years in the system and has the size to beat up on the big kids, look out.

He reminds me of the skinny young Matty Primus.

Hayes 51 hitouts and directed them well. Wanted him to take more marks around the ground but would have been hard when we couldn’t even retain the ball to give him a chance to set up anywhere.

Williams massive game. 6 goals in a game we barely got the ball inside 50 and those few entries were garbage.

woodcock - 22d and 8 clearances. In some ways one of our better players and key for us but also had so many moments where he proved that he’s not a afl footballer. Struggles to impact and I don’t see him as the clearance player at afl player he is in the sanfl.

Bonner - was probably our only player who hurt Sturt with his disposal today. Every other player just played into sturts hands. Unfortunately Bonner also can hurt port with his disposal.

mcintee - pointless really. We drafted a tackling clearance winning mid who had just nailed a month of very good football in the middle for Sturt and have tried to turn him into a forward.

frederick - bad game. Pointless running around, fumbly and absolutely baffling disposal. Could even maybe live with a guy just having a bad kick but some of his decision making by foot today was insanely dumb and there’s no reasonable explanation for why he would even do them. They weren’t even risks that would do something if they came off, just zero logic.

Garner - why did we try him in the centre? Could have tried that any of the many games we’ve had games stitched up in the fourth, but to open a game? Weird. And we got punished for it. We sucked in the middle to start and our backline was hopeless in the first Qtr.

Schofield - injured.

I'm happy we gave Garner a go in the middle but I expected more, struggling with that corkie maybe?

I don't think he will replace Jones this week, Ken will go with Hartlett, with Mayes medsub.
Either Orazio or Williams for Gray.

What I like about Lord is he has a bit of mongrel. When he's had a few years in the system and has the size to beat up on the big kids, look out.

He reminds me of the skinny young Matty Primus.

Add the missing 9 back in and he may even do it as a 3rd forward this year, yeh he is a keeper, just not #1 forward yet.
Astounded we didn't play Edwards up forward with him.

Schofield - injured. Just our

They play McEntee as a forward? They play Garner in the middle? The play Goldsack up forward? You can't make this crap up.

People playing out of position is more an indictment on list management than coaching. The fact that our number 1 midfielder at sanfl level is Sam Mayes who is a reformed flanker and we decided to draft a small forward (who played as a midfielder previously) says it all.

Our entire SANFL team is flankers playing out of position.

On the back of losing Gray. Williams the dominates, kicking 6 when the rest of the side was really poor with below par entries I50.

To not pick Williams now sends a massive message to the team, don’t bother trying because you won’t earn a spot in the AFL side anyway.
Didn't Howard kick 10 or something a few years ago and not get selected even when we were crying out for a forward?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back