2nds Port Adelaide vs Sturt - Round 5 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunday 7th of May. Maggies at 2:10pm, Academy at 11:25am.
Summo-200-620x370.jpg

On radio here http://sanfl.com.au/radio/

Or watch online here for $15
https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/sa...?productcategoryid=2&productsubcategoryid=601

Summerton plays his 200th game this weekend so get down to Alberton and cheer him and the boys on.

Also Boak is back for the AFL side so Amon drops down.

All 3 AFL emergencies are able to play this game.

Maggies Changes:
IN: Amon, Johnson, Palmer
OUT: Krakouer (foot), White (hamstring), Ladhams (general soreness)

Maggies Side:
F: Frampton - Eddy - Neade
HF: Palmer - Marshall - Johnson
C: Amon - Atley - Summerton (C)
HB: Bonner - Austin - Toumpas
B: Lienert - Howard - Monfries
R: Lobbe - Ah Chee - Snelling
INT: Drew - Irra - Hewett
EMERG: R.Young - Sharrad

Academy Changes:
IN: Reynolds, R.Young, Sharrad, Corcoran
OUT: Beecken, Bell, Stuart, Finnie

Academy Side:
F: Miller - Reynolds - R.Young
HF: Harris - Ross - Cooper
C: Baron - Biemans - Hawkins
HB: Mahney - Rudloff - Hampton
B: Ginever - Corcoran - Davidson
R: Anyang - Sharrad - T.Gray
INT FROM: Proude - Roads - Zavrl

Last edited:

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
If Summerton plays it will be his 200th game so get down to Alberton and cheer him and the boys on.
I'm now back from Qld and northern NSW so happy to oblige. Took the opportunity to give Big Footy a break and see if there was life elsewhere.
I was wrong.

I'm now back from Qld and northern NSW so happy to oblige. Took the opportunity to give Big Footy a break and see if there was life elsewhere.
I was wrong.

Nimbin? :p

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Club has confirmed Summerton will play. So I guess the Captain playing all SANFL games is a rule.
Yeah will be supremely interesting to see just what happens this weekend.

To think professional footballers wont be able to get a game is huge. So if the 3 you've picked, which I agree with, don't play it'll definitely be a black mark against the AFL in the SANFL.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah will be supremely interesting to see just what happens this weekend.

To think professional footballers wont be able to get a game is huge. So if the 3 you've picked, which I agree with, don't play it'll definitely be a black mark against the AFL in the SANFL.

What is your reasoning behind about expecting it to be a black mark?

crazee_peet

All Australian
Mar 4, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't really get to watch Maggies games. Any chance of Johnson playing back? I don't mind a small with elite speed and a mean streak breaking lines from defence.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
What is your reasoning behind about expecting it to be a black mark?
The SANFL commission and clubs have already made it clear they don't really want the AFL clubs in the comp, theyve basically killed any chance that the Crows or Magpies have of winning a premiership due to the 17 in finals rule (after our initial list evaporates), and if they stand in the way of 3 rookie listed kids, all from the SANFL, playing footy for a few weeks then for me that's a fair old statement. In 4 years this will be the first time we've had more players than we can fit into the Magpies available, and not accepting that natural variation for me would be a real stubborn move.

MutleyDog

Grumble Bum Extraordinaire
Nov 5, 2014
Straya
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I can't remember the exact rules but I think the club may be able to do a limited amount of "resting/managing" young players throughout the year.

There is no way they are going to allow 3 rookies in the reserves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
The SANFL commission and clubs have already made it clear they don't really want the AFL clubs in the comp, they've basically killed any chance that the Crows or Magpies have of winning a premiership due to the 17 in finals rule (after our initial list evaporates), and if they stand in the way of 3 rookie listed kids, all from the SANFL, playing footy for a few weeks then for me that's a fair old statement. In 4 years this will be the first time we've had more players than we can fit into the Magpies available, and not accepting that natural variation for me would be a real stubborn move.
Having to replace four of our AFL players with a selection of SANFL players like Young, Reynolds, Biemans, Sharrad, Miller is not what you'd call a dilution of talent. The only problem there may be is that when finals start there will have to be at least 4 changes made to the team, and in finals it is consistency that is very important.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Having to replace four of our AFL players with a selection of SANFL players like Young, Reynolds, Biemans, Sharrad, Miller is not what you'd call a dilution of talent. The only problem there may be is that when finals start there will have to be at least 4 changes made to the team, and in finals it is consistency that is very important.
Yeah as I noted, with our initial list, Reynolds, Summerton, etc, we're very strong and the 17 in finals might actually help. However long term, once these guys go we'll be pulling kids from the academy and hoping they develop out of sight.

Last edited:
In: Amon, Johnson, Palmer, R. Young, Sharrad
Out: Krakouer (foot), White (hamstring), Ladhams (general soreness)
2017-Magpies-Team-Selection-Template---FINAl.jpg

Academy: Anyang, Baron, Biemans, Cooper, Corcoran, Davidson, Ginever, T.Gray, Hampton, Harris, Hawkins, Mahney, Miller, Proude, Reynolds, Rudloff, Roads, Ross, Zavrl

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
In: Amon, Johnson, Palmer, R. Young, Sharrad
Out: Krakouer (foot), White (hamstring), Ladhams (general soreness)
2017-Magpies-Team-Selection-Template---FINAl.jpg

Academy: Anyang, Baron, Biemans, Cooper, Corcoran, Davidson, Ginever, T.Gray, Hampton, Harris, Hawkins, Mahney, Miller, Proude, Reynolds, Rudloff, Roads, Ross, Zavrl

5 ins and 3 outs? Couple more to be emergency for the Power I take it?

5 ins and 3 outs? Couple more to be emergency for the Power I take it?
There are 5 on the bench. Robbie Young and Sharrad will drop out to play Academy.

THERE IT IS..... Ladhams - General Soreness.

lol.

The first player dropped to keep Summo in the side.
Good for balance too. Eddy, Marshall, Frampton up forward, Lobbe rucking with Frampton backing up, Doogie, Austin, Lienert down back.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Yep as much as we lose from Krakouer going out, we gain through dropping Ladhams.

Johnson, Amon & Palmer in for Krak, White & Ladhams is a pretty good swap.

Magpies by 67.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back