2nds Port Adelaide vs Sturt - Round 5 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Nemisis

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Haven't read the thread but Summo was never going to pass up that opportunity to have a s**t on goal that he nailed from the 50m mark (right in front of me) in the first quarter.
He knew he'd given the supporters what the wanted as soon as he kicked the ball and his salute to the adoring throngs in the Quinn stand was a thing of beauty that rivalled the goal itself.
Thanks x200 Summo.
s**t on goal! Summo can do it all.

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
Haven't read the thread but Summo was never going to pass up that opportunity to have a s**t on goal that he nailed from the 50m mark (right in front of me) in the first quarter.
He knew he'd given the supporters what the wanted as soon as he kicked the ball and his salute to the adoring throngs in the Quinn stand was a thing of beauty that rivalled the goal itself.
Thanks x200 Summo.

Didn't that campaigner Ross Gibbs get done for urinating on the footy field, in the Great Southern FL? If so, Summo is in for a long stint on the sidelines for crapping on the goal

Palmers found a bit of ball? Where has he been playing (midfield / hff ?) and where has he been finding those possessions ? In the contest or on the outside ?
In the middle. Also when we did kickouts he was a target on flanks near the 50m arc.

T6BdCd7.png

3feQL7r.png

Wondering what Palmer.needs to do to get a snr call up? Liked what i saw of him at the level last season.
He is very, very close. I'd make him 1st emergency for China.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
Any chance that Eddy's limited input after half time was due to perhaps being rested as a possible inclusion for China game?
Eddy should have had at least one more goal, the ball was hoisted into our forward line and a Sturt player, not the one going for the ball, pulled Eddy out of the contest blatantly. And Eddy had just had a free paid against him for bodying a player out of the mark.

GreyPower

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2014
PAFC
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Didn't that campaigner Ross Gibbs get done for urinating on the footy field, in the Great Southern FL? If so, Summo is in for a long stint on the sidelines for crapping on the goal
Not sure if he utinated, but may have done a brown-eye/pulled his shorts down on occasion though.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Thanks x200 Summo.
A beautiful moment, like it was ordained and didn't the crowd drink it up. BTW it was dead straight too, the goal ump didn't move.
After Summo's guard of honour took the opportunity to shake hands with boyhood heroes Ron Ellaway and Geof Motley :D.
Truth is they were too polite to refuse. We were never gunna lose today and the result was appropriate for our #1.
Sheesh it was cold in the last qtr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Oh before I forget. For those unable to get there today, the familiar figure of Power Pete (camera in hand :))
was mysteriously in prime position for Summo's guard of honour.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was really close to tears today as Summo got chaired off, He'll most likely be the last ever player to play 200 games for the magpies (if the current model sticks around, some certain tweeks COULD change that) an absolute legend and one of the nicest guys you could ever meet. I hope we give him that premiership he deserves, we've had so many great loyal guys who never got there so it be fitting for him to finally be the one to get that cup.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Nice to see Drew play his best game....
Will be a star. Has impressed me in every game so far, does the little team things that doesn't always get on the stats sheet. Even the games where he only had a handful of touches you could tell he had a real feel for the game.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Oh before I forget. For those unable to get there today, the familiar figure of Power Pete (camera in hand :))
was mysteriously in prime position for Summo's guard of honour.

Pete must've sold his soul to the Snaffle nazis ;) - I saw this tweet today about them cracking down on amateur snappers with big lenses...

Visenfest

Chasing stability
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
To RossFC and others who get along to most or all SANFL games: has Toumpas turned the corner? He's been getting a ton of the ball in the past few weeks. Is his decision making improving to the point where he may deserve an AFL call up soon?

To RossFC and others who get along to most or all SANFL games: has Toumpas turned the corner? He's been getting a ton of the ball in the past few weeks. Is his decision making improving to the point where he may deserve an AFL call up soon?
His disposal has been better but I still don't think he will crack into the Power backline anytime soon and if he did I don't think he'd do anything of note.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back