2nds Port Adelaide vs Sturt - Round 9 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturday 8th of June 2:10pm at Alberton Oval.

For people that can't make it to the game the digital pass this year is similar to last year. If you are a member of one of the 8 other SANFL clubs you get every SANFL game (including all Port home and away games) live for $30, non-members of those 8 other clubs have to pay $60. Or for a 30 days pass it's $6 for members, $10 for non-members.
https://sanfldigitalpass.com.au/#/

Charlie Dixon and Ollie Wines could make their SANFL debut and Dixon could play with Frampton and Marshall up forward too. Sam Hayes still out for 3 weeks with glandular fever.

Is there a chance that Rockliff will play here? not sure. Trengove has a leg infection, he's out for 3 weeks. Appleton had a corked shin, he should be available if needed. McKenzie will be back in too after he did a hammy 3 weeks ago. Ladhams should be in too after being dropped out of the AFL side. Bonner was called up so he won't play here.

Sturt above us by a game and almost 4%. Haven't done the maths on it, but I think we need to win by a bunch of goals to get into the top 5? Might be wrong.
Untitled.jpg

Maggies Changes:
IN: Dixon, Wines, Ladhams, McKenzie, Elsworthy, Appleton, Strange
OUT: Trengove (leg infection), Atley (back tightness), Davidson (hamstring), Bonner (AFL), Edwards, Hill, Corcoran

Maggies Side:
F: Johnson - Dixon - Cox
HF: Woodcock - Marshall - Mead
C: Pudney - Wines - Mayes
HB: Frederick - Grundy - Hartlett
B: Hewett - McKenzie - Garner
R: Ladhams - Sutcliffe - Drew
INT: Strange - Elsworthy - Appleton
EMERG: Edwards - Corcoran

Other:
Watts (Leg, TBC)
Mahney: (Shoulder, 6 weeks)
Hayes: (Glandular Fever, 3 weeks)
Trengove: (Leg Infection, 3 weeks)
Ebert: (Concussion, 1 week)
Davidson: (Hamstring, ?)
Frampton: (?, ?)
Atley: (Back Tightness, ?)
Smith: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Makoi: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Wong: (Last played, Round 7)
Hill: (Last Played, Round 8)

Last edited:

Side Note: It will also be Sutcliffe's first game as a PAFC AFL listed player. I'd assume he'll be allowed to still wear the No.1 since it's an SANFL game and we have not announced a replacement SANFL listed leadership player.

I'd reckon Wines will get a bit of a run around too. I think he was aiming to be playing this week.

I'd reckon Wines will get a bit of a run around too. I think he was aiming to be playing this week.
Good timing if he does play SANFL for a week considering Trengove has the leg infection.

Dixon, Frampton, Marshall up forward + Wines, Atley and Drew in midfield with Ladhams in the ruck is awesome.

Boak on 9 news said Wines could play in this game. Seemed confident.

Being a Port game played in Australia, rain is forecast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boak on 9 news said Wines could play in this game. Seemed confident.

Being a Port game played in Australia, rain is forecast.
Yep on 1:26 of this clip. No mention of Rockliff, must be resting for another week.

F: Frampton - Dixon - Cox
HF: Woodcock - Marshall - Johnson
C: Pudney - Wines - Mayes
R: Ladhams - Atley - Drew
HB: Frederick - McKenzie - Hartlett
B: Sutcliffe - Corcoran - Garner

INT: Davidson - Grundy - Hewett
I hope Rockliff won't play. If Davidson gets out for him, our line-up would be unbalanced. Either that or drop Hewett, instead.

Would this be the strongest side we have fielded this season?

There is no Power game this weekend, our first squad just had its best win this season, the line-up is strong, and the game is at home against Sturt. Please, folks, let's go to Alberton.

I hope Rockliff won't play. If Davidson gets out for him, our line-up would be unbalanced. Either that or drop Hewett, instead.
If Rockliff did play, Davidson or Corcoran are the only players that can drop out. Hewett has to play.

Yep

There is no Power game this weekend, our first squad just had its best win this season, the line-up is strong, and the game is at home against Sturt. Please, folks, let's go to Alberton.

We will see you there Gremio? ;)

Nice thought none the less.

We will see you there Gremio? ;)

Nice thought none the less.
I wish. I probably would, if I lived there. I am thinking in listening to it. Game time is not ideal, but let's see. I care for the Magpies.

Ladhams, Wines, Drew and Atley is an incredibly elite SANFL midfield. Then Marshall, Dixon and Frampton as a forward trio is mouth watering.

If Trengove wasn't injured, it'd be insane.

We have to expect to win this, and win it well.

the inly thing you have to remember is i cant see them playing dixon etc to long in the game and will be happy to pull players and sit them on the bench etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back