2nds Port Adelaide vs Sturt - Round 9 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering to 4 people in front of me entered through the gate without being scanned... I wouldnt take much notice of that number.

Easily the biggest crowd I have seen at Alberton in years - if this number is not the biggest, I doubt it is correct.

How was Wines disposal efficiency today?

I saw 3/4 and he still throws handballs out without look8ng and turned many of them over

Was great to see the big fella back, was aggressive and looked good but still runs under the ball too much.

Hartlett was okay. Garner was very good, we need to get him in there somehow

Marshall was disappointing again.

Drew was the pick of the players. We need to get him in there but not sure how.

Drew is waiting. He produces every week. Was really good again today. I was disappointed he missed out in Shanghai.
Dixon looked good for his first run, but Sturt really didn't have a big body defender to muscle up to him. It would be good to see him have another run in the seconds against a bigger body defender before coming back into the 1st.
IMHO I Don't think that matters at all...it's simply a case of playing under match conditions and gain confidence in his leg...may just take a few weeks...his form will increase as his confidence grows

Considering to 4 people in front of me entered through the gate without being scanned... I wouldnt take much notice of that number.

Easily the biggest crowd I have seen at Alberton in years - if this number is not the biggest, I doubt it is correct.
Yeah my brother came just after the first siren and said they stopped scanning tickets, also said it was still quite packed outside... They are only guessing, it was the biggest sanfl crowd I've seen in along time.

Yeah my brother came just after the first siren and said they stopped scanning tickets, also said it was still quite packed outside... They are only guessing, it was the biggest sanfl crowd I've seen in along time.

It wasn't old school shoulder to shoulder like it was in the 80s but you know there's a good crowd when there's a fair few in that section from the scoreboard to the southern goals.

I know it won't change your mind because you belt him at every opportunity but Rockliff has been one of our best this year. Would be in the top 3 of our best and fairest.

Gets a ton of footy and those little chippy kicks go time and again to advantage and release players in the clear. It's no coincidence Buckley tagged him when we played Collingwood.
Rockliff uses it better than any of our other inside mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggest crowd I have seen since early 2000's.
Had to have been 8k today.
Even the outer and scoreboard area was chockers.

Ladhams treated the Sturt ruck with disdain. He tries to play like an on baller around the ground. And does a fair impersonation of one.

He looks like he believes he is better than this level.

By the time I finally got to gate they weren't scanning anyone but a guy had one of those click counters.

I'm glad we got there an hour early: easy park, and plenty of time to wait in the long lines for food, drink and ATM! Couldn't move in the Port Store; they would have made a killing if they had PBs available. Enjoyed the game - some high flying almost-speccies a feature!

Ollie really needs to work on his kick / handball ratio. He will be a far more effective / damaging player if he lowers his eyes and gets it on the boot. So many blind handpasses, or handballing it to a bloke 2m away under pressure.

Ollie really needs to work on his kick / handball ratio. He will be a far more effective / damaging player if he lowers his eyes and gets it on the boot. So many blind handpasses, or handballing it to a bloke 2m away under pressure.
He worked hard today but I wish he could stay in the SANFL a bit longer to perfect it. I never feel confident when he has ball in hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back