2nds Port Adelaide vs Sturt - Trial Match 3 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Ew1Kvy4UYAIWWoI

I’m not sure, I certainly didn’t watch it but from what I can tell Sturt dominated at the end on the back of playing twice as many players and heavily rotating their team half way through.

For some reason Sturt (and Glenelg) are only playing two practice matches to every one else's three, so maybe that's why they were allowed to use so many players and it was originally going to be six terms.

Who was impressive tonight ?
Liked what I saw from Georgiades, Jones (in the half he played), Woodcock, Hayes, Mayes, McKenzie, Lienert, Moore, Sareen, Sutcliffe and Wildman

Need more out of Garner and Lord.

Is Lord being fitted as a chop out for Hayes? Seems to play up the ground a bit.
Surman should ruck, but if Lord isn't getting the job done up forward, maybe throwing him in the middle sometimes can get him in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of 3 things :

1) Over trained and run out of petrol tickets.
2) Poorly coached.
3) We over estimated our depth.

Very disappointing but still it's only a trial match.

You look like you run out of petrol when your opponent has run 7-8 kilometres less than you in the previous 60 minutes.
Coaching doesn’t fix fresh legs vs tired or less fresh legs.
Our next best 6 look right up to it regardless and that’s good depth.

Did Jones do a hammy?

On GM1925 using BigFooty.com mobile app

PAFC write up typically vague - talked up Jones's second quarter and then just mentioned him "being taken out of the game" at half time.

In a story about the AFL game this is mentioned at the end:

"On the injury front, Hinkley reported newly drafted defender Lachie Jones noted hamstring soreness during the first half of the SANFL trial."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back