AFLW Port Adelaide vs Sydney - Round 4 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Jade De Melo (not indigenous)

Yep that’s her. Second shot at it after a stint at Freo. Looked up Duursma too. Looks so much like her brother. It’s really good for the players and clubs having a true whole-of-family opportunity to represent.

What a game! Just sitting down to watch the replay now. Loving the way they are just getting better every game.
Great atmosphere at the game too, really nice to see a decent crowd again despite the rather ordinary weather.
I ended up in a slightly socially awkward chat with the mum of one of our Victorian recruits while out having a half time smoke break. She said she has traveled to all 4 games this year and was so impressed with Alberton, and particularly the fans, made note of the huge difference between here and the atmosphere at the Carlton game last week. Also seemed to think Adelaide was quite a nice place, which is always great to hear from Victorian families, although after the weather today she is looking forward to spending next weekend in QLD!

Yep that’s her. Second shot at it after a stint at Freo. Looked up Duursma too. Looks so much like her brother. It’s really good for the players and clubs having a true whole-of-family opportunity to represent.
She has the same running style as her brother too, I kept loosing track of the play as I got distracted watching her run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody typical playing on the gold coast before a short turn around for the showdown.

If we had beaten Carlton we would be sitting 6th, probably 7th after the end of the Sunday games.

We are a reasonable chance to win 3 more games, GC, Hawthorn and St Kilda. win those and it might come down to last game at home against Essendon and a chance to sneak into finals.

Probably need 6 wins to make finals, but 5.5 given the unbalanced draw and the historically top 6 teams playing each other, might be enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back