2nds Port Adelaide vs West Adelaide - Round 8 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturday 29th of May 2:35pm at Alberton Oval.

This will be our first game shown on Channel 7 for the year.

Radio: 1629 SEN SA & SEN App

If Fantasia comes back for the AFL side we may see someone like Hartlett drop down here. A lot also pending the injury lists as Dylan Williams's lower leg injury will be assessed. Sutcliffe was a late out last week due to a minor shoulder injury. Appleton was named but didn't play also. Ollie Lord will be back. Jase Burgoyne is set to play his last game before going back to Woodville.

This game is the day before AFL game so the sub will not be able to play (EG: Bergman).

2 games clear in the top 5 after a terrific win against North. The 4 clubs above us are quality sides so we need to keep winning to keep up with them.
1621809646531.png

Maggies Side:
IN: Hartlett, Lord, Sutcliffe
OUT: Hooker, Carter, Aldridge

F: Edwards - Lord - Williams
HF: Wong - Weidemann - Woodcock
C: Frederick - Sutcliffe (C) - Wildman
HB: Strange - Corcoran - Hartlett
B: Goldsack - Lienert - Garner
R: Hayes - Mayes - Schofield
INT FROM: J.Burgoyne - Westbrook - Samblich - Moore

Last edited:

Fixture:

Port (5) - (10) West

West may be last, but it is tied in points with 6th-place North.

WWT (4) - (3) Nor’d

We may pass one of them with a win.

North (6) - (7) Sturt

At least one of them will stay with 2 wins.

Glenelg (1) - (9) West Lakes
South (2) - (8) Central

Wins from the top sides would increase our odds for Finals.

Just looking at some league-wide stats.

Lienert is in the top 10 for disposals despite being a 2nd (and now 1st) in line key defender. He also leads the league in kicks and rebounding out the backline.

Sam Hayes is in the top 10 for contested marks. 2nd in the league for hitouts.

Farrell in the top 10 for inside 50s even though he's only played 5 games. We saw some of those good entries vs Collingwood at AFL level.

Teams are in:

PORT

LEAGUE
F:
Edwards, Williams, Lord
HF: Weidemann, Schofield, Samblich
C: Moore, Mayes, Wong
HB: J. Burgoyne, Strange, Westbrook
B: Garner, Goldsack, Wildman
R: Hayes, Corcoran, Sutcliffe
I/C: Aldridge, Appleton
In: Appleton, Lord
Out: Carter, Frederick, Hooker, Lienert, Woodcock

Edit: Will change after AFL selection is finalised.

Teams are in:

PORT

LEAGUE
F:
Edwards, Williams, Lord
HF: Weidemann, Schofield, Samblich
C: Moore, Mayes, Wong
HB: J. Burgoyne, Strange, Westbrook
B: Garner, Goldsack, Wildman
R: Hayes, Corcoran, Sutcliffe
I/C: Aldridge, Appleton
In: Appleton, Lord
Out: Carter, Frederick, Hooker, Lienert, Woodcock

Edit: Will change after AFL selection is finalised.
Sutcliffe and Appleton should be listed as ins there. Also not sure why Hammer isn't listed in either AFL or SANFL side.

Sutcliffe and Appleton should be listed as ins there. Also not sure why Hammer isn't listed in either AFL or SANFL side.
Hartlett, you think, wouldn’t be telling the club that it’s the A side or you list me as injured? Would he?

What has happened to Surman? Is he injured?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Hammer does play sanfl, he should be played forward. He is strong overhead and is a penetrating accurate kick. He would give the forward line a bit of leadership and potency around goals.

Shoulder injury, has been listed as TBC for a few weeks.
Yeh Surman has had a lot of injuries at Norwood. He is rarely not injured. Except for last season where he had one season playing ruck in the ressies and played all year. Think it was 2019. He won the B&F from memory as well as the BOB Lee on Grand FInal Day.

Shame. Access to playing field sound awesome. Such a foreign concept to me...
It's pretty cool, you can stand around the quarter time team talk and listen in (or share your opinion as some do :).) etc.

Shame. Access to playing field sound awesome. Such a foreign concept to me...
Back in the old days, when the final siren went you were allowed to run on the oval straight away. So thousands of kids would jump the fence and chase the players to give them a pat on the back or get a high five before they could get off the ground. It was a joyous way to celebrate a victory when you were a child.

Shame. Access to playing field sounds awesome. Such a foreign concept to me...

Way back in the early 1960'a my Port supporting grandma allowed me to go onto the Alberton oval for the first time for the half time kick and catch.

There was only one footy available on this particular day and at least 200 kids chasing it up and down the outer wing, and it was absolutely *ing brutal trying to get anywhere near the ball.

My stats were :'(

0 kicks
0 marks
0 handballs
1 bruise from a kick to the calf
1 smack around the ear for getting in the way of a kid who was at least two years older than me and twice my size

I loved the experience though, and still fared better than one young bloke who ended up with a broken leg and was carried off the ground on a stretcher.

If Hammer does play sanfl, he should be played forward. He is strong overhead and is a penetrating accurate kick. He would give the forward line a bit of leadership and potency around goals.

I'm expecting them to be boring and play him in his usual spot but I'd love to see him play on the ball a bit.

Shame. Access to playing field sounds awesome. Such a foreign concept to me...

Prior to AFL, we had such a great culture down at Alberton. At quarter and three quarter time you would rush out onto the ground to huddle around the players' huddle, almost arm in arm, there'd be plenty of voice, and it was an absolute treat to listen to Cahill address the team. We'd always have the biggest huddle of all the sanfl clubs, and our huddles would ooze of confidence. Unfortunately as the game became professional it also became sterile.

Still, we are quite privileged that as a supporter you can still get to speak to a director or the ceo, and take photographs with a couple of players down at the club on a Thursday night (before Covid of course). You can email the ceo and get a response.

My sport following relatives in other parts of the world cannot fathom any of this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back