2nds Port Adelaide vs West Adelaide - Round 9 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm for giving Marshall a taste before the end of the year.
He seems the kind of player that can just kick 2 or 3 from very limited opportunity, which is something we lack.
With Dixon there it isn't like he is going to have 2 or 3 smashing him.

Jeez that picture is sad. He (Monfries) was so close to getting called up too. :(

One_day_till_retirement.gif

Edit - not mocking Gus, I was already convinced his career with us is over. Just that this event is so close to that Simpsons' meme.

Last edited:

Jeez that picture is sad. He was so close to getting called up too. :(

I'm a firm believer in the concept that those who retire and sit around with nothing to do end up dying early because their mind atrophies.

Well, you can also correlate that with Monfries. He would have been expecting, as most were, that he was coming into the side against Essendon. So he could at least atone for what went wrong last year. When Toumpas was preferred after he had busted his ass for a few weeks, and he saw what his old 'mates' who ****ed him over last year did to the guys he plays with now, the mind went 'ping' and then the body went ping soon after.

Janus will have kittens if Young comes back in lel

Personally think he needs to string together a month of form now that he's been dropped twice. But if he comes back in I'm not gonna cry about it now that Gus is injured.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Personally think he needs to string together a month of form now that he's been dropped twice. But if he comes back in I'm not gonna cry about it now that Gus is injured.
I agree tbh I think there are other options to try.. a couple of Snaffell games might send a wake up

Mangus Onfries

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Howard may have been drafted as a forward but his best football by far for the PAFC has been played as a defender. Trying to solve the problem of having Trengove playing out of position by bringing in Howard to play as a forward would be like trying to solve the problem of a lack of height in our forward line by bringing in Jake Neade to replace Sam Gray. You're not solving the problem, you're replacing it with a worse version of itself.

Despite everyone acting like the sky is falling, we're still fifth, and if Richmond #lolrichmond against Sydney next week we'll almost certainly be in the top 4. We're still in win now mode. Eddy is a significantly better forward than Howard at this stage and should absolutely be ahead of Howard in the pecking order for a KPF. Even Marshall should come in before Howard if we want a KPF. Now, if we needed a tall defender, that would be another story.
I have memories of Dougs playing forward for the Power just before he did his knee.

Does someone know anyone in our media department?

Can they do the SANFL highlights (ie Dougal-lights) before wasting our time with the 'all the 8 goals' miniseries on youtube?

Does someone know anyone in our media department?

Can they do the SANFL highlights (ie Dougal-lights) before wasting our time with the 'all the 8 goals' miniseries on youtube?

Too busy making a video about travis boak's dog.

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
PORT Adelaide is hopeful Angus Monfries’ calf strain is nothing serious and should only set him back 1-2 weeks after he lasted just one quarter of the Magpies’ win on Sunday.
Monfries had ice strapped to his left calf in a blow to his hopes of playing his first AFL game for the season.
“We don’t think it’s that serious but we’ll know more as the week goes on,” Magpies coach Chad Cornes said.
“He was playing some solid footy and I know the public were keen to see him go up into the Power team so this should only delay him by one or two weeks, we have next week and then the bye so I think he’d be back after that.”
More..
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...n/news-story/099a75ff38463a4cafbab7f459ff63d6
upload_2017-6-11_21-27-0.png

Angus Monfries takes on West Adelaide’s Nathan Batley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PORT Adelaide is hopeful Angus Monfries’ calf strain is nothing serious and should only set him back 1-2 weeks after he lasted just one quarter of the Magpies’ win on Sunday.
Monfries had ice strapped to his left calf in a blow to his hopes of playing his first AFL game for the season.
“We don’t think it’s that serious but we’ll know more as the week goes on,” Magpies coach Chad Cornes said.
“He was playing some solid footy and I know the public were keen to see him go up into the Power team so this should only delay him by one or two weeks, we have next week and then the bye so I think he’d be back after that.”
More..
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...n/news-story/099a75ff38463a4cafbab7f459ff63d6
View attachment 380563
Angus Monfries takes on West Adelaide’s Nathan Batley

The most important part of the article on Howard:

“There’s been a bit of talk where do we want him, back or forward, and Kenny (Hinkley) made the call this week that he was going forward.

“(The decision) is based on what’s needed above, a guy like Dougal who’s got that many qualities, is quick, great overhead, uses the ball really well, can play at both ends, it can be a bit of a balancing act.

“Kenny can obviously see an opening for the AFL team so you can’t do any more than that, I thought he was really good.”

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
this thread has made nice reading after the looonnng drive back from Malbun. Thanks to all the contributors.

Would love to see Doogie and Atley in next week based on the reports - I've wanted Doogie in for weeks. Expect to see Young bounce straight back in on those numbers.

Reports from Noddyjnr after the road trip are that Edihad gets the thumbs up as a stadium and he likes Malbun more than Adelaide - the aquarium and the dinosaur skeletons at the museum were the clinchers I think. He turned to reading Harry Potter about half way through the second quarter so the alleged football game didn't bother him as much as it did me.

We already had Eddy, Marshall, Ladhams, Frampton and Lobbe going through the forward line.

Surely that pre-match decision to put Howard forward (which payed off) means he's playing AFL next week.

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The most important part of the article on Howard:

“There’s been a bit of talk where do we want him, back or forward, and Kenny (Hinkley) made the call this week that he was going forward.

“(The decision) is based on what’s needed above, a guy like Dougal who’s got that many qualities, is quick, great overhead, uses the ball really well, can play at both ends, it can be a bit of a balancing act.

“Kenny can obviously see an opening for the AFL team so you can’t do any more than that, I thought he was really good.”
Glad you put that in .. as I could not fit it all in ..:p
I know the rules .. Heading, few paragraphs and source:D

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
I'm for giving Marshall a taste before the end of the year.
He seems the kind of player that can just kick 2 or 3 from very limited opportunity, which is something we lack.
With Dixon there it isn't like he is going to have 2 or 3 smashing him.
That's right and you'd back him 1 on 1 against most. Potential Mr Anything. Doesn't get shorter as the game goes on either.

Glad you put that in .. as I could not fit it all in ..:p
I know the rules .. Heading, few paragraphs and source:D

Oh, I didn't mean anything by it - I just thought it was interesting what Cornes said about Howard :)

AwesomeOllie

Senior List
Apr 1, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We already had Eddy, Marshall, Ladhams, Frampton and Lobbe going through the forward line.

Surely that pre-match decision to put Howard forward (which payed off) means he's playing AFL next week.
And has absolutely put Lobbe miles behind...anything really. Was basically full back today. Sad, but has to be. Is he academy if AJ played? It's def no longer Irra who goes down!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back