2nds Port Adelaide vs West Adelaide - Round 9 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

And has absolutely put Lobbe miles behind...anything really. Was basically full back today. Sad, but has to be. Is he academy if AJ played? It's def no longer Irra who goes down!
If you asked me this 2 months ago I would have said 1 of Irra, Hewett and Ladhams should go down to the Academy but all have improved.

So yep Lobbe surely would have to go down to the Academy if everyone was fit.

ploppy

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm glad dougal Howard is coming along but I hope there not rushing his knee. At the moment we need midfielders..it's hard to see upside in Toumpas, achee, s gray and with boak down and Robbie hobbling.. we need fill ins...

Ford is Marshall ready for a few games along side Charlie

Probably not ready yet. Maybe later in the year a couple of games for a taste. Looks a special talent though. Tackles like a beast, good hands overhead and at ground level and an uncomplicated kick for goal.

Howard a walk up but Frampton really came along for me today. His intensity and attack at the ruck contest was leaps and bounds ahead of what he's shown.

Lienert with 37 disposals is mental. Something Paul Stewart used to pull off a few times.

Irra had 24 touches in the Academy a few weeks ago and today had 32 touches for the Maggies. Massive improvement from him over the last month.

Irra from his first contest today where he knocked the West player off position to take the long kick into the backline showed his intent. Matt White-like pace and acceleration and kept taking it on. Super game.

Thoughts on Lienert's game? He's a superb kick from memory so must have been a damaging performance. 10 in the first quarter when the game was on the line too.

Thoughts on Lienert's game? He's a superb kick from memory so must have been a damaging performance. 10 in the first quarter when the game was on the line too.

he can get 40 possessions the rest of the year he isn't coming in before Pittard/Hartlett/Broadbent, because they are undroppable.
(hoping this gets bumped for comeuppance on meltday).

Pittard looks afraid to do anything and therefore does nothing except utensil up or get brushed aside. He has finally gone full bombscare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Power One

Senior List
Mar 6, 2013
fritz and sauces subconscious
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Magpies
he can get 40 possessions the rest of the year he isn't coming in before Pittard/Hartlett/Broadbent, because they are undroppable.
(hoping this gets bumped for comeuppance on meltday).
The undroppable, I love this. We do have an undroppable group on our list because of limitations. I have always been uncomfortable with "The Gold Pass" The undroppable says so much more.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
I am not saying I agree with this but it is a 'monty' that Jake Neade will go back into the AFL side soon. He has been in the best players for two weeks and Ken likes him a lot. Not sure that Jake is the answer to anything but looking back at his selection over the past two years the Coach has given him more AFL time than he probably deserved.

Maybe Neade for Toumpas will be the only change?

Nemisis

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The most important part of the article on Howard:

“There’s been a bit of talk where do we want him, back or forward, and Kenny (Hinkley) made the call this week that he was going forward.

“(The decision) is based on what’s needed above, a guy like Dougal who’s got that many qualities, is quick, great overhead, uses the ball really well, can play at both ends, it can be a bit of a balancing act.

“Kenny can obviously see an opening for the AFL team so you can’t do any more than that, I thought he was really good.”
Love how Chad lets the cat out of the bag when he talks. More Chad Truth less yada yada yada from Hinks and co.

scottjr

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm for giving Marshall a taste before the end of the year.
He seems the kind of player that can just kick 2 or 3 from very limited opportunity, which is something we lack.
With Dixon there it isn't like he is going to have 2 or 3 smashing him.

Marshall simply would not have the tank yet. Next year.

Howard may have been drafted as a forward but his best football by far for the PAFC has been played as a defender. Trying to solve the problem of having Trengove playing out of position by bringing in Howard to play as a forward would be like trying to solve the problem of a lack of height in our forward line by bringing in Jake Neade to replace Sam Gray. You're not solving the problem, you're replacing it with a worse version of itself.

Get a load of this moron, what a terrible post

I hate seeing the wolf pack descend on players but you would think Lobbe's future is limited at Port. Frampton lead the ruck and Ladhams supported. Lobbe had time in defence forward and bench.

May 31, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I hate seeing the wolf pack descend on players but you would think Lobbe's future is limited at Port. Frampton lead the ruck and Ladhams supported. Lobbe had time in defence forward and bench.

Yes i agree ford
He seems a really nice bloke and it could well be difficult to work through. The message is fairly clear and hopefully he and the club can come to a mutually saitisfactory situation. He has committed a big part of his life to footy and was he leadership etc?

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks

The question remains: what happened to him?

I think the two biggest surprises for me were

The form of Irra. He looked like a first round draft pick. Blistering pace, was hard at the contest and took the game on. Was overambitious at times but his energy and enthusiasm were a joy. 1000% better than anything he showed at South.

Frampton's ruck work. I don't know if the West ruck is any great shakes but it was the way Frampton went after him with real ruck aggression that impressed me. Looked like Lade has worked with him. Technically the best he's looked. And he is so composed and balanced for a big man, with a tidy kick.

The others who stood out were at a higher level than I've seen so far but not unexpected. Maybe 8 goals for Howard was but I thought he was at least a handy forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back