2nds Port Adelaide vs West Adelaide - Round 9 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

The question remains: what happened to him?

I've raised previously on this board the theory of Lobbe being abducted by the talent stealing aliens from Space Jam and I'm sticking to it. One day they're going to come back to Earth and challenge us to a football game in the bodies of 2012 Butcher, 2013 O'Shea, 2014 Lobbe and 2015 Hartlett and Boak.

The question remains: what happened to him?

I think he is a massive confidence player and it's shot. He needs a new start where he gets good ruck minutes or leads the line.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I've raised previously on this board the theory of Lobbe being abducted by the talent stealing aliens from Space Jam and I'm sticking to it. One day they're going to come back to Earth and challenge us to a football game in the bodies of 2012 Butcher, 2013 O'Shea, 2014 Lobbe and 2015 Hartlett and Boak.
Lobbe wasn't even that good in 2014

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
Dare to dream...

1qp0k4.gif

1qp0i5.gif
Crowd goes "Doooooogggs".
The woman in front of me, decked out in Port gear, turns around and asks "why are they booing him?"

Bullshit. He was in AA contention.

I mean, he was good statistically, but he wasn't really doing anything that impressive. He was the Tom Rockliff of ruckmen that year.

Crowd goes "Doooooogggs".
The woman in front of me, decked out in Port gear, turns around and asks "why are they booing him?"
A few years ago, when I had just arrived in Australia, I thought Crows supporters were booing Ricciuto... :oops:

I mean, he was good statistically, but he wasn't really doing anything that impressive. He was the Tom Rockliff of ruckmen that year.

Regardless of opinions about how good he really was back then. If he was playing to that standard now at least his contract would be worth the paper it's written on.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks

I don't remember anyone calling for him to be dropped, so he was at least serviceable. Right now though he's on par with Renouf.

rogerjames

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why wasn't Lienert named in Ports best players? Article says impressive then not named in top 6 players. Are the best players named to suit/justify possible changes to our afl side. I've thought this before after seeing games then looking at those named in best players. I hope this is not the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Lienert for Hartlett (I realise he's a rookie). Better kick than Hartlett, taller, still mobile for his height. Why not?
When you get up close to Lienert you realise how big he is but my preference would be Houston.
Lienert for Jasper? Austin surely after the Essendon game needs to be looked at. We had no answer to their talls.
Jonas too short and slow on Daniher.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Why wasn't Lienert named in Ports best players? Article says impressive then not named in top 6 players. Are the best players named to suit/justify possible changes to our afl side. I've thought this before after seeing games then looking at those named in best players. I hope this is not the case.
Wondered this myself. It makes selection decisions seem a fait accompli. Look he was named in the best players :rolleyes:.
Like you I don't want to be right but sheesh I swear i've seen it happen, especially when favourites get demoted and after
pedestrian performances with the Maggies are called back up to AFL.
Must be structure.

When you get up close to Lienert you realise how big he is but my preference would be Houston.
Lienert for Jasper? Austin surely after the Essendon game needs to be looked at. We had no answer to their talls.
Jonas too short and slow on Daniher.

I reckon Austin has gone a bit backwards this year in his development. Probs Trengove down back is the best bet.

Jack Grange

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The improvement over the last month from Atley, Drew, Lienert, Ladhams, Neade, Irra and Hewett has been great. Less passengers in the side now.
Can anyone shed light on Hewett's development. Good size and clearly has football genes with brother at the Swans. Might just be a 'jewel' selection?

Can anyone shed light on Hewett's development. Good size and clearly has football genes with brother at the Swans. Might just be a 'jewel' selection?

He looks to have put on some size at last and is playing in the midfield where he looks a natural. He goes as hard at the contest as Atley and gets outside ball too.

He looks to have put on some size at last and is playing in the midfield where he looks a natural. He goes as hard at the contest as Atley and gets outside ball too.
Agree with all of this and will add that he's a nice kick too. A couple of his kicks spotting up a leading teammate through the middle of the ground yesterday were superb.

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
I'm glad dougal Howard is coming along but I hope there not rushing his knee. At the moment we need midfielders..it's hard to see upside in Toumpas, achee, s gray and with boak down and Robbie hobbling.. we need fill ins...

He was kicking them from the bowling green yesterday.. I wouldn't worry about his knee too much if he's kicking them from there.

Jack Grange

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Agree with all of this and will add that he's a nice kick too. A couple of his kicks spotting up a leading teammate through the middle of the ground yesterday were superb.
Appears we are developing a very good core of midfielders with size; Ollie, SPP, Atley, Drew, Hewett...the timing seems right to give Atley and Drew a taste of AFL and can Hewett as a 'rookie' be selected?

I would play Atley this week, he's a bull. I would like to see a little more of Drew. Hewett has played 2 good games so far as a rookie so he has some catching up to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back