2nds Port Adelaide vs WWT Eagles - Round 16 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s ridiculous how determined everyone is to avoid any mention of Trengrove.
He's similar to Rockliff where he doesn't do heaps of damage with the ball.

Port Adelaide ended Woodville-West Torrens’ season with a commanding 63-point win against its neighbourhood rival at Alberton Oval.
Crunching the Eagles from the outset with a confidence-sapping first quarter, the Magpies were dominant with ball in hand as Willem Drew, Scott Lycett and Steven Motlop looked to assert themselves.
Drew – who finished with 38 disposals and five clearances – teamed up nicely with Jack Trengove, Joe Atley and Sam Mayes through the midfield as they made the most of Lycett’s dominance.

PORT 4.5 9.8 14.12 18.14 (122)
EAGLES 0.2 2.3 5.6 8.11 (59)

LEADING DISPOSALS – Port: Drew 38, Trengove 32, Lycett 30, McKenzie 25, Atley 24, Appleton, Mayes 22, Lienert 19, Frampton, Pudney 18.

Eagles: Lonergan 22, N. Hayes 21, Foote, Goldsworthy 19, Rowe 18, Rowland 17.

GOALS – Port: Motlop 5, Farrell, Howard, Woodcock 3, Davidson, Drew, Frampton, Mayes.

Eagles: N. Hayes, Petrenko, Rowe 2, Foote, Moore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lycett and Motlop as good as numbers suggest?
Well yes but exaggerated by the success of the team as a whole. Merciless whole game* effort. In any event I don't think we've had our doubts about either with skills/fitness, both were dropped for other reasons.

* although I arrived late thinking the game was 2:10 :$

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be an injury update today, got a feeling the club will be quiet on it through.

Woot! Awesome news. Sam Hayes late out with a sore achilles to be assessed for next week. Sam Hayes disappearing scared me. Knees stay sound 4 eva big fella.

9ZfXgJT.png

qnlnTch.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back