2nds Port Adelaide vs WWT Eagles - Round 6 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Totally unacceptable and disrespectful effort (or LACK of).

Toumpas, Young and Palmer were good. The rest - appalling! No care or effort. Complete lack of intensity. Maybe they know there is little chance of acallup and played accordingly. ***fumes***

All this bloody twaddleabout men v boys. Garbage.
There were plenty of experienced guys out there today. None stood out or showed leadership.

I propose we drop 7 players next round and make up 7 "injuries" so they can play Summo, Louis, Young, et al. Drop those who performed poorly today, irrespective of the names. Let them know performances like today will NOT be rewarded.

Show some kahunas PAFC and draw the proverbial line in the granite to these bludgers!!!!!!

G3TWOTYAD3S3RV

Premiership Player
Aug 22, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A poor game but not worth tossing the toys out of the cot about. Too top heavy and once Snelling was stretchered off in the second quarter we didn't have enough run. Put Summerton, Sharrad and Robbie Young in that team today and we win (at the expense of Lobbe, Neade and someone else). Come finals that's what the sanfull rules will force us to do :).
Lobbe is such a liability. Out of the three ruckmen I'd drop him to the reserves first if allowed. His presence is no good for the development of Frampton and Ladhams. No matter what he does in the ruck the opposition manage to run away with the ball. It's almost bizarre -like a curse
You have to think though that if the Eagles mids are reading Lobbe's taps better then doesn't say much for our mids being they train & play with him. Not sticking up for that dinasour whatsoever but it does raise a question.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Marshall blew me away. Excellent timing on his leads , created separation, excellent hands. One of our best today. Still so young I'm so so glad we drafted him.

Howard did some things that made me go wow. Such a quick agile guy for his size. Just a matter of time before he comes in. I'm convinced he is a 200 game afl player.

Monfries . Bring him into the afl side asap. He must have run 25 km this game. He worked up and down that field non stop presenting. Kept running and ran some more. If he isn't match fit now than neither is half the afl.

Drew and atley will be good. They should be bit parts in their first year in a midfield but at the moment without ah chee and summo in there they are having a fair bit asked of them and doing pretty well. Seen both of them show good signs in particular notice drews hands and defensive instincts.

All this bloody twaddleabout men v boys. Garbage.
There were plenty of experienced guys out there today. None stood out or showed leadership.
:drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Atley - 18
Drew - 18
Marshall - 18
Snelling - 19
Johnson - 19
Ladhams - 19
Palmer - 20
Bonner - 20
Frampton - 20
Hewett - 20
Houston - 20
Austin - 21
Howard - 21
Lienert - 22
Neade - 22
Toumpas - 23
Young - 24
Eddy - 27
Lobbe - 28
Monfries - 30
White - 30

So four players over 25, one of those being in his first year at Port Adelaide. More than half the side under 21.

Super experienced...

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
People smashing the midfield can take a moment to realise our midfield was 19yr old atley , young , white , drew , ????? I'm not even sure who else ??
I guess when you look at it that way, plus we were incredibly unbalanced talls to smalls....still disappointing..a bit more effort wouldn't have gone astray. And Lobbe used to be a great leader, directing the players. I feel for him, how hard it has become. I hate these falls from grace.

Nemisis

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Snelling - Poor lad got a 'hospital ball' and Paul Stewart hit him at full throttle... right in front of me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G3TWOTYAD3S3RV

Premiership Player
Aug 22, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I guess when you look at it that way, plus we were incredibly unbalanced talls to smalls....still disappointing..a bit more effort wouldn't have gone astray. And Lobbe used to be a great leader, directing the players. I feel for him, how hard it has become. I hate these falls from grace.
only has himself to blame. It's not like he hasn't the coaches/facilities to help him to the next level. He's a one trick Pony. Thing is his one trick/rucking is as good as mine & I don't play football. From the outside looking in it seems as though he's content with being mediocre at best. That long fatcat contract screwed him & the club.

Nemisis

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
only has himself to blame. It's not like he hasn't the coaches/facilities to help him to the next level. He's a one trick Pony. Thing is his one trick/rucking is as good as mine & I don't play football. From the outside looking in it seems as though he's content with being mediocre at best. That long fatcat contract screwed him & the club.
Lobbe is trying his heart out but is just not capable any more. It's not his fault for being gifted a lengthy contract

Powerstream

Debutant
Jan 21, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can't really think of a positive today. All-round poor effort. Not one winner on the ground.

Game plan was shown up to be a shambles.
Work rate was wayyyyyy down.
Zero desire to put bodies on the line.
Far too many players seeking cheap touches.
Extremely poor ball usage going forward
A ridiculous number of s**t the bed moments when physical pressure was approaching.
And some really, really disappointing games from the core of players who should be pressing for higher honours, Houston horrible, Bonner beaten comprehensively, Austin just awful, Neade no existent, Lobbe horrendous, Monfries kick chasing, Johnson just nowhere near the level yet, etc.

Only positives I can extract were that Palmer did a couple nice things and Young did look a class above but both didn't impact the game enough. Eddy took some good grabs early but was taken out of the game after quarter time.
Bonner beaten comprehensively are you kidding. Stood Lockie Mc Gregor all day and he kicked 1 goal in the last qtr. I think it was Houston you should be referring too, Jake Johanson had 27 disposals.

Last edited:

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
What happened to Snelling ?
On the end of a laconic hospital pass. We missed him sure but they and the umps were better than us today.
I lost count of the oppo with a spare man at HF as they worked the ball fwd. Ken's gameplan works when the stars are shining
but what we saw today was a flawed gameplan exposed by the less talented/committed? vis a vis AFL
Lets be honest they were good and they came to play. They were going to hurt us and they did, at every opportunity.
Our players dont have 'lack of effort', it's execution and finesse. System n discipline?

Anyway on a brighter note
crowd good
Eddy christening our new goals at the Scotty Hodges end

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Our defense was good to excellent. Our midfield let them down. Nothing our defense can do when our forward line let wwt waltz out , then our midfield left players unchecked. Almost every goal for wwt came from about 30secs of play from half back line to goal. That's the small forwards like Neade and Johnson not checking or pushing up into the midfield , and not enough other players pushing hard both ways .

Portmagpies36

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
On the end of a laconic hospital pass. We missed him sure but they and the umps were better than us today.
I lost count of the oppo with a spare man at HF as they worked the ball fwd. Ken's gameplan works when the stars are shining
but what we saw today was a flawed gameplan exposed by the less talented/committed? vis a vis AFL
Lets be honest they were good and they came to play. They were going to hurt us and they did, at every opportunity.
Our players dont have 'lack of effort', it's execution and finesse. System n discipline?

Anyway on a brighter note
crowd good
Eddy christening our new goals at the Scotty Hodges end

Our players don't have lack of effort ?
Questionable comment
They ran a lot harder than us to create options and set up play.
The effort today was nowhere near acceptable .

... The effort today was nowhere near acceptable.
WWTFC are the best SANFL team at present, that still means something. In another era a fair few of our younger players would have been in a team equivalent to their reserves. I only had to watch the last half so I'll say effort wasn't the decider, in fact until the death they struggled to get clear of us. The Eagles' experience and settled team triumphed over what was one of the most 'mix and match' teams the Maggies' have fielded since they became the Power reserves.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back