2nds Port Adelaide vs WWT Eagles - Round 6 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide is being bent over and abused. It is very easy, and correct, to blame the sanfl and the umpires, and no doubt my blood is boiling about it but from the previous game Irra should not have been the player permitted to play reserves and the number 1 at any level of Port Adelaide Football should not be dropped. These two blokes should have played and the club should have copped the fines.

The captain of the SA State Team played reserves because of a rule rather than common sense? The sanfl are daft confused vindictive but to this extent it shouldn't go and the club should have stepped up to win this minor battle.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
When ladhams is playing in the ruck for the power in a few years time no-one will be thinking gee lucky he played that game v the eagles a few years ago...
The rules are absurd, the logic that it's the best for the power is absurd too.

It's important to put checks and balances in place to make sure the Magpies team isn't too strong. It would completely ruin the SANFL competition if one team won the premiership every year for a decade or something. Just imagine that!

Also, my favourite moment of the match that I forgot to mention:

Went to the game with my WWT supporting girlfriend (apparently WWT supporters under the age of 50 are a thing, who knew?). After a ruck contest involving Billy Frampton, completely out of nowhere, she says "Wow, number 14's hair is ... (pause) ... glorious".

The Eagles are well coached and looked more polished for most of the day. I can see why they're top.

They spread well from defence with the players running hard to find space along the flanks of the ground. They were also good in hitting targets with well placed kicks.

Our team has more talent but a lot of the talent is young and raw. Not enough to beat a well drilled team with a group of hardened sanfl players who were keen a make a point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a mention of the poleaxing of Snelling in the Smail. Just listed as an injury (jaw, ankle).

"Typical Port Power thuggery as ex Port Power player Paul Stewart knocks out promising West Adelaide junior"

Last edited:
Also, my favourite moment of the match that I forgot to mention:

Went to the game with my WWT supporting girlfriend (apparently WWT supporters under the age of 50 are a thing, who knew?). After a ruck contest involving Billy Frampton, completely out of nowhere, she says "Wow, number 14's hair is ... (pause) ... glorious".

Be afraid, be very afraid ;)

The leaving out of Summerton just shows up the sanfl as an ignorant short-sighted organisation. Imagine creating a rule that punishes one of the champions of its own competition and an ornament to the game.

Port Adelaide did the right thing in obeying the rule forced upon us. It's not up to us to salvage their idiotic situation. Even better it exposes the absurdity of their rule.

The leaving out of Summerton just shows up the sanfl as an ignorant short-sighted organisation. Imagine creating a rule that punishes one of the champions of its own competition and an ornament to the game.

Port Adelaide did the right thing in obeying the rule forced upon us. It's not up to us to salvage an idiotic situation. Even better it exposes the absurdity of the rule.
So first the SANFL say we have to play to line and not put blokes in for operations and play AFL listed players first. So in 2014 we only play Summo and Krak as the Magpies contracted players in the GF when Bruggerman, Slattery, Biemans and maybe one or two others would have made the GF side a stronger side and not played Flynn and a few kids.

The crows have no injuries in 2016 win their first final or was it two easily, before Sturt beat them in the PF, and the clubs piss their pants and bring in the no more than 17 AFL players in the finals rules.

* it, come finals if there are 6 or even 8 Magpies players better than their AFL listed colleagues we play them all and invent injuries that they have to miss games.

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I only see the replays of our Magpies games, but from this relatively small there is no chance that there are seven or eight Magpies players better than listed. Three or four for sure, but not much more than that.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
I only see the replays of our Magpies games, but from this relatively small there is no chance that there are seven or eight Magpies players better than listed. Three or four for sure, but not much more than that.
Summo. Sharrod, Robbie young and Reynolds make us a much better side at sanfl level.
Rudloff and beimans are quality players at the level too.

MutleyDog

Grumble Bum Extraordinaire
Nov 5, 2014
Straya
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I didn't notice young playing in the last quarter. If so he is either managing an injury or being rested as emergency for Thursday.
The game was still there for the taking. Our best mid not on the park with one player already down

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A report results in 50m penalty is what I thought. Was he reported on the spot? I couldn't work out if there was a report.

So Stewart was the culprit? If it was a dirty act were our boys too loyal to pound him one? If it was dirty will they ko him next time?

If it was dirty it would be the only time he's done it. Never showed that type of aggression when playing for Port but chooses to pick off a youngster when wearing his beloved yellow yoke jumper. Am I being unfair judging Stewart?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back