2nds Port Adelaide vs WWT Eagles - Round 6 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

I've always thought he had AFL level traits, rarely plays poorly when called up, but..........

Doesn't work hardery, longery.
Not in Ken's planning.
Will be delisted.
Another Garner/Lienert/Ladhams scenario.

Motlop, DBJ, et al however. Gold pass deluxe for youse guys.
PS: thanks for washing my car and cutting my lawns btw ;)
Hopefully he survives, I only see him in the AFL and he seems to go alright.
Has a lot of flair and speed which is what we need. Hope he keeps getting better so Ken can’t not play him.

Shame, but as soon as the weather came in we completely lost our way. Reckon we were on course to pinch it before that.

Their more mature bodies and experience around the ball told. Could get their kicks away under pressure and take marks.

Your forward line now that Marshall is starting to show something looks better with Marshall, Georgie and Finlayson. I would not be dropping any of them for Dixon
Charlie was AA CHF just 2 years ago, he will definitely come back in soon, but I agree he needs to demand his spot back now and it's tough to drop any of Marshall, Georgiades and Finlayson at the moment.

The worst thing we could do right now as our forward line is starting to resemble something functional is to rush Charlie back and fall in to the old habit of bombing long to him in a 3 on 1 contest.

The challenge now is to find a way to get him back in the team, because he is a quality player, but also keep Marshall/Finlayson/Georgiades in the game and not lose what they are bringing at the moment. Not sure they all fit in to a quadrangle of doom

Georgiades should be the one most nervous at the moment, it just hasn't clicked for him yet this year. I would give him the Kangaroos game to try and build some confidence as there should be some goals on offer but he really needs to convert his opportunities there or I think he'll probably be the one to make way

As we introduce players like Rozee, Butters, Houston and even Bonner into the midfield mix, they have smart footy brains, sharp skills and incisive kicks.

They take that split second to hit a moving target and if defenders sag back to defend Charlie space will open up for Marshall, Finlayson and Georgie.

Dixon still provides that important long option when the heat is on, conditions are tough and just getting the ball forward is imperative. There's not always time and space to be precise.

Having said that, from what I saw today, he shouldn't be playing AFL next week, he still needs to find match fitness. He spent significant time on the bench.

The rain came and we didn't change. Wanted perfect conditions. Coupled with poor skill execution. Worse culprits were the afl lads. Game style returned to the state of disorder it has been all year.

This club needs changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As we introduce players like Rozee, Butters, Houston and even Bonner into the midfield mix, they have smart footy brains, sharp skills and incisive kicks.

They take that split second to hit a moving target and if defenders sag back to defend Charlie space will open up for Marshall, Finlayson and Georgie.

Dixon still provides that important long option when the heat is on, conditions are tough and just getting the ball forward is imperative. There's not always time and space to be precise.

Having said that, from what I saw today, he shouldn't be playing AFL next week, he still needs to find match fitness. He spent significant time on the bench.
How did they move the ball forward?

Were they still targeting the likes of Lord and Williams on the lead of did they become Charlie centric?

Looks like Hinkley is leaving his mark throughout the whole club.

Exactly. The senior coach sets the standard and the attitude of the entire club. Lokan's influence is only game day but there's still a contrast between team and player performance under Hocking and Cornes compared with Lokan. I think it's to do with their personalities. We've been flogged and Lokan will roll out the praises, he's tolerant. Hocking and Cornes didn't and weren't.

How did they move the ball forward?

Were they still targeting the likes of Lord and Williams on the lead of did they become Charlie centric?

First half when the weather was fine they were hitting up targets moreso, although the sudden introduction of Charlie as the focal point does change the dynamic as players aren't used to his style.

Second half was just a bang it forward slog as the weather intervened and the Eagles were able to crank up the upfield pressure.

Your forward line now that Marshall is starting to show something looks better with Marshall, Georgie and Finlayson. I would not be dropping any of them for Dixon
Lol.

Dixon kicked nearly 50 goals last year, and was AA the year before. He attracts the attention of not only the best defender, but multiple, and unlike our other forwards can break even and bring the ball to ground in nearly any contest if he isn't clunking it. Marshall a good kid, Finlayson a good goal sneak, a Georgiadies a rare talent, but none are near Dixon yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back