2nds Port Adelaide vs WWT Eagles - Trial Match 1 @ Noarlunga

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday 9th of March. Hickinbotham Oval. Maggies at 6pm, Academy at 8:10pm.

Game is at Souths oval because of the JLT AFL game at Alberton and the Eagles Oval has cricket at theirs.

The Academy side will have a lot of new faces this year after over a dozen departures to the Maggies/Academy lists.

Maggies Side:
F: Kluske - Hayes - Thomas
HF: Farrell - Ladhams - Wong
C: Mead - Trengove - Ortiz
HB: Finnie - Lienert - North
B: Garner - Hombsch - Irra
R: Frampton - Snelling - Summerton (C)
INT: Davidson, Strange, Allan

Academy Side:
Ginever, Jones, Parker-Boers, Drummond, Zavrl, King, Hansen, Sumner, Petrohilos, Glover, Shaoliang, Coxon, utensil, Morgan, Patterson, Bell, Boots, Laughton, Cameron, Welsby, Lockwood, Karner, Morgan, Cubillo.

Last edited:
Bit weird that we are the home side not at Alberton or at least playing at the Eagles ground. No idea why that is.

Wow that is the typical greedy Port Power fan attitude right there be grateful you were even gifted one pre-season game at the Real Port Magpies Memorial Oval how about you use all of the takings from that game to repay your debts and handouts from the leagues you entitled feral welfare moochers if your bandwagon supporters even show up and you don't have to use tarps just pay your own way for once I am sick of it!!!!!!!!

Friday 9th of March. Hickinbotham Oval. Maggies at 6pm, Academy 8:10pm.

Bit weird that we are the home side not at Alberton or at least playing at the Eagles ground. No idea why that is.

Not sure how many will be on the bench (4 or 8 players) for the AFL JLT game vs Crows.

Summerton had a finger problem so he couldn't play in the intra-club match. Might be available for one or both the SANFL trial games. Lewin Davis has a knee complaint so he'll miss. Dallas Hill didn't take part in the intra-club match but I'm hoping he'll be available. Expecting to see new signings Mitchell Mead and Sam Davidson play as well as new AFL draftees and recruits like Sam Hayes, Kane Farrell, Joel Garner, Jake Patmore and Trent McKenzie.

The Academy side will have a lot of new faces this year after over a dozen departures to the Maggies/Academy lists.

Predicted Maggies Side:
F: Thomas - Hayes - Johnson
HF: Farrell - Ladhams - Davidson
C: Amon - Atley - Drew
HB: Garner - Lienert - Toumpas
B: McKenzie - Hombsch - Irra
R: Frampton - Snelling - Hewett
INT: Patmore - Mead - Proude

No Trengove?

Predicted Maggies Side:

I like how you have snuck Amon into that team and not received a bake fram Macca19

Not sure what sort of crowd the SANFL expect to get at 6pm Friday at Noarlunga?
You are right it is weird timing and a strange venue for two western suburbs clubs.
Why not play it as a curtain raiser to the JLT clash? With all due respect to Port Districts and Rosies I would rather watch the likes of Dew, Atlee and Mckenzie. I wonder if there is a SANFL hand in this?

Not sure how many will be on the bench (4 or 8 players) for the AFL JLT game vs Crows.

Summerton had a finger problem so he couldn't play in the intra-club match. Might be available for one or both the SANFL trial games. Lewin Davis has a knee complaint so he'll miss. Dallas Hill didn't take part in the intra-club match but I'm hoping he'll be available. Expecting to see new signings Mitchell Mead and Sam Davidson play as well as new AFL draftees and recruits like Sam Hayes, Kane Farrell, Joel Garner, Jake Patmore and Trent McKenzie.

Predicted Maggies Side:

that's a decent line up

fingers crossed they can pull in a flag this year

that's a decent line up

fingers crossed they can pull in a flag this year
There is a lot less experience in the side this year compared to last. I'm predicting we'll come 5th.

might have gone along for a look if it was at Alberton or pecker park. * going to Noarlunga with the penguins and eskimos and whoever else lives at the south pole

might have gone along for a look if it was at Alberton or pecker park. **** going to Noarlunga with the penguins and eskimos and whoever else lives at the south pole
Going to be 30 degrees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a lot less experience in the side this year compared to last. I'm predicting we'll come 5th.

Yeah, we had the chance last year and blew it. That line up looks solid in defence but is a bit light on experience up forward and a lot may hinge on Lindsay. Hard to know how strong the other sides are but edge of the top five seems about right at this stage.

Not sure what sort of crowd the SANFL expect to get at 6pm Friday at Noarlunga?
You are right it is weird timing and a strange venue for two western suburbs clubs.
Why not play it as a curtain raiser to the JLT clash? With all due respect to Port Districts and Rosies I would rather watch the likes of Dew, Atlee and Mckenzie. I wonder if there is a SANFL hand in this?

If I was the Eagles I would have turned down the invitation to play it at Alberton, just a logistics nightmare for them when you would think JLT will be a sell out.

Can't use Woodville oval due to cricket. Glenelg another oval that can't be used. Unley out of the question so it then comes back to South, Norwood, North, Elizabeth. When planning you choose South because if it is hot it will be 3-4 degrees colder down there.

Predicted Maggies Side:

I hope we see Ladhams' and Frampton's positions swapped.

When does the line-up come out?
May be on the SANFL website later or because it's a trial game there might just be a teamsheet given out at the oval on the day.

The AFL side should be out today I think so whoever isn't picked should play here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back