Port Adelaide - Will you support them in the finals?

Will you support Port Adelaide in this years finals?

• Yes

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • You must be Joking, I'd rather eat freshly crapped horse manure

Votes: 45 69.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Macca19
Ive been to every Port practice match in Adelaide and i cant remember any huge cheer from seeing the Crows lose a practice game.

In fact noone really cares anymore. In the early days that happened but i cant remember that happening since 1999-2000.

In my opinion the Port-Adelaide rivalry has died down a lot over the past few years.

What about last week when the announcers repeated the Crows v Lions score when Port played West Coast. I heard that there was the biggest cheer of the game.

Originally posted by crowie
What about last week when the announcers repeated the Crows v Lions score when Port played West Coast. I heard that there was the biggest cheer of the game.

Oh you mean when the Footy Park announcer goes thru each score from every AFL and SANFL game played up to that moment? :rolleyes:

As for a cheer. Again, there was no cheer, or clapping. noone cares.

Originally posted by crowie
They are very unsure of themselves and their supporters turn on them when they dont perform. Great supporters hey?

I find it hilarious that you have a go at our supporters for apparently turning on their own when only last week some of your supporters vandalised your club rooms!!

Not to mention all the stuff that went on in the Shaw era - the vandalising of his property, abuse of his children and some other incidents that were reported at the time.

Not to mention the dozens of abusive threads on this board towards Ayres and now even some about Craig.

Yup, fantastic supporters. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by adelaide_girl
Would be a hell no, have the condiments ready to really bring out the flavour of the manure.... Yummy!!

:eek: :D

vomit-smiley-007.gif

While Mark Williams has any role whatsoever at Port Power, supporting them is impossible.

Must admit it brought a smile to my face thinking of all those Port supporters barracking against us in the 97/98 GFs LOL.

Just as last night's CHOKE by the Power made me smile.

Originally posted by jmorg1
Just as last night's CHOKE by the Power made me smile.

well.... didnt realise once a team lost its a CHOKE.... so have you guys choked before? i believe so. 93 Prelim- doesnt the crows supporters remember that game. Up by 7 goals at half time.... then what happened? think about it. Think hard and long.

Macca19- not even worth trying to talk to half the supporters on this board. They just dont understand.... ;)

Originally posted by MrMeaner
I have to ask why this question is being asked (apart from the obvious - Port bagging). I for one did not support the Crows in 97 and 98 and would not expect any of you guys to support us. That's what rivalry is about.

As above, how boring would football be if we supported the cross town rival as well. Nothing wrong with showing a healthy respect where it is due, you won the 97/98 premierships fairly and squarely but that is where it ends, supporting both clubs would make me sick!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by magicman
I would rather cut my testicles off with a blunt bread knife than support Port in ANY game.

SPORT. S-P-O-R-T!

Repeat after me: sport is not to be taken seriously.

:D

Originally posted by spindoctor
While Mark Williams has any role whatsoever at Port Power, supporting them is impossible.

Bugger Mark Williams he is just part of the crap down Alberton way. As long as it is PAFC there is no way in living hell l will give my support to that mob. 125 years of tradition my ass.

Support Port Adelaide, as big jack would say “PIGS ARSE”

Originally posted by _espoir
well.... didnt realise once a team lost its a CHOKE.... so have you guys choked before? i believe so. 93 Prelim- doesnt the crows supporters remember that game. Up by 7 goals at half time.... then what happened? think about it. Think hard and long.

Macca19- not even worth trying to talk to half the supporters on this board. They just dont understand.... ;)

Yeah that did happen but you forgot that we turned it around in 97 coming for a similar margin behind at half time to beat the Bullies in the prelim.

There is a difference between having stage fright in a big game on one occasion and having it for three straight years against opposition that Port were (at the time) about a five goal better side than at Footy Park.

Originally posted by MrMeaner
I have to ask why this question is being asked (apart from the obvious - Port bagging). I for one did not support the Crows in 97 and 98 and would not expect any of you guys to support us. That's what rivalry is about.

If you need a reason for the question all you need to do is read the papers come finals time, they'll be going on about Port being south australian & choke-o will be in the media trying to drum up support espically if they get a home final after all they can't seem to get any of their own supporters to go.

As for the obvious - Port bagging, well thats just a bonus!

Originally posted by relapse
Yeah that did happen but you forgot that we turned it around in 97 coming for a similar margin behind at half time to beat the Bullies in the prelim.

There is a difference between having stage fright in a big game on one occasion and having it for three straight years against opposition that Port were (at the time) about a five goal better side than at Footy Park.

Apart from 93, what would you call our abysmal fadeouts at the end of 01, 02, 03?

2001:

Blew a home final by going down to the tune of 6 goals to 1-20 Fremantle at Subiaco - we then got flogged by 11 goals away to Carlton in the Elimination the week after.

2002:

Finished third at the end of the minor round. Got drilled by Brisbane at the Gabba to the tune of 71 points in the Qualifying Final. Backed up to just beat the Demons at the MCG after squandering an 8 goal lead before losing against Collingwood in the Prelim after holding a goal's lead at halftime.

2003:

2nd after Round 19 before slipping to 6th at the end of the minor round. Comfortable win over West Coast in the Elimination Final before going down to Brisbane at the Gabba by 8 goals - after coming within a goal late in the third quarter.

The moral of the story? Too many slapheads are eager to stick the boots into Port Adelaide, when if you review the chronology we're actually quite adept at "choking"/"fadeouts" ourselves.

Only serves to make us look hypocritical and ignorant.

Oh and 2004 is going swimmingly isn't it? They march into the finals while we march into oblivion.

Originally posted by dyertribe
Apart from 93, what would you call our abysmal fadeouts at the end of 01, 02, 03?

2001:

Blew a home final by going down to the tune of 6 goals to 1-20 Fremantle at Subiaco - we then got flogged by 11 goals away to Carlton in the Elimination the week after.

2002:

Finished third at the end of the minor round. Got drilled by Brisbane at the Gabba to the tune of 71 points in the Qualifying Final. Backed up to just beat the Demons at the MCG after squandering an 8 goal lead before losing against Collingwood in the Prelim after holding a goal's lead at halftime.

2003:

2nd after Round 19 before slipping to 6th at the end of the minor round. Comfortable win over West Coast in the Elimination Final before going down to Brisbane at the Gabba by 8 goals - after coming within a goal late in the third quarter.

The moral of the story? Too many slapheads are eager to stick the boots into Port Adelaide, when if you review the chronology we're actually quite adept at "choking"/"fadeouts" ourselves.

Only serves to make us look hypocritical and ignorant.

Oh and 2004 is going swimmingly isn't it? They march into the finals while we march into oblivion.

2001, yes the loss to Fremantle that year was unacceptable and cost us a home final. Considering what we came from in 2000 and made the final against most peoples predictions we just finished eight, played in Melb against the 5th placed Carlton I wouldnt consider that a choke when you consider that Carlton were very warm favourites to win.

2002 Played Brisbane (premier that year and the year before) up at Brisbane in a final that in itself is near impossible. Agreed that the result was poor, but could we have really pulled a win off???. We then had to play in Melbourne even though we earned a home final (after travelling to Brisbane the week before which was a very warm night over there from memory) we played three dominant quarters, Melbourne clearly killed us in the third, but when you consider we travelled the week before that has to be partly the reason for a very poor fadeout in the third quarter. Against collingwood, we travelled for the third week straight Macca was on one leg and Edwards got snipered and we courageously fought to the end in that game and whilst we lost you certainly had to be pretty proud of the effort that day.

2003 Had a confortable win (at home) against WEagles and then another tough unwinable road trip to Brisbane.

There is a difference between playing sides above you and being outclassed than playing finals at footy park against sides that you finished about 6 games clear of at the end of the minor round and getting beat especially when both collingwood and sydney had multiple players out injured.

You point out things like the game against Melbourne in 2002, but Port havent won a final on the road even though during the minor round for the last two seasons they have been clearly the best team. Choking to me is more about upset losses against teams that your far surperior than, to me its not losing games against teams placed higher and bascially being outclassed.

I agree that Adelaide havent delivered, BUT I think that came from the fact that we didnt have a side good enough to win a premiership more so than blowing our chances losing games that we were overwelling favourites in (in which there werent really any). That to me is the difference between what has happened to Port in comparision to Adelaide.

Originally posted by dyertribe
I will be, that goes without saying.

Too many of you have lemon juice in your waters...

Lemon juice !! so that's what that funny taste is in my morning cuppa.

must be very hard for you dyertribe.

at times i do have a twinge of sympathy for your predicament .

but not often.:D

Back