Roast Port Adelaide's new jumper = a blatant rip off of Carlton's

Remove this Banner Ad

We've now gone from having an entirely unique jumper, as every other team in the competition does (to differing extents), to having one which is basically indistinguishable from the side/back with another team.

TBH I considered you as just having a bit of a ramble when I first opened the thread, but the further I read, the more I found myself agreeing with you.

And the shots you've provided demonstrate your point well. Previously you wouldn't question, even at a glance, whether it was a Carlton guernsey in those pictures, yet you had me looking twice at those examples.

While it may seem petty, guarding the brand has seen companies wiped out of existence and millions of dollars pass hands and in an era where brand protection is regarded so vitally, it's surprising this one slipped through.

So what can we do about it now? One suggestion I have, more suitable with Port's black jumper, is to have teal coloured player numbers on the back of the jumpers. It really wouldn't mess with Port's design and would make the designs far easier to distinguish. So if it bothers you so much, I encourage you to pursue this, or more viable solutions, with the club.

Yep, im with the OP on this. All these s**t kicker clubs changing jumpers........ darkening colours (Melbourne geurnsey now>>>>15 years ago much lighter blue,and now we wear a white geurnsey against them...WTF???) or sides adding colours over the years, are the ones forcing the alternate strip. But port this time has gone further, they have 2 jumpers that are WAY to similar to BOTH of ours. How could the AFL or Carlton let this slide? pathetic :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Surely some sense will prevail????

or maybe not :rolleyes:

With the (live action) images you have provided I think you have a compelling arguement.

I suggest you contact the Club with these images to hopefully stop this happening in the future.

WAGuns: IMO those images were indistinguishable from each other, I don't think it has anything to do with being in Vic (I'm in syd...and still have eyes).

On match day this will never be a problem so i don't see the point in complaining about them. West Ham, Burnley and Aston Villa all have very similar/the same colours and no one complains (especially Villa and the Hammers).

Its the entire point of the clash strip...

Using EPL kits as an example has no relevance (they have a completely different system ie: relegation, international clashes and multiple kits), maybe we should get rid of our large CFC logo and replace it with a sponsers.

The point is CFC play in the AFL; set team numbers, small sponser logos and JUMPERS THAT LOOK DIFFERENT.

Make them wear something more suited to their style of play.

Something like this perhaps. :D

MALE%20BALLERINA%20%C2%A339.99%20RP131.jpg

Using EPL kits as an example has no relevance (they have a completely different system ie: relegation, international clashes and multiple kits), maybe we should get rid of our large CFC logo and replace it with a sponsers.

The point is CFC play in the AFL; set team numbers, small sponser logos and JUMPERS THAT LOOK DIFFERENT.

Why have clash strips if they want everyone to look so different? North and Collingwood had the exact same jumpers for donkeys years, just with different colours.

Why have clash strips if they want everyone to look so different? North and Collingwood had the exact same jumpers for donkeys years, just with different colours.

So ClubA could have the same 2 jumpers as ClubB and it wouldn't bother you because when they played each other they wouldn't clash.

I don't want to look at the back of a Port jumper and mistake it for a Blues one. I don't remember this happening before as we have always stoodout as the most classy, stylish, simple traditional geurnsey in the AFL: Instantly recognizable as CFC.

I would prefer us to always wear our traditional jumper but our away strip makes sense and keeps our fundamental spirit unlike most. Did not like the yellow last year I must say but was for a cause I guess

+1

However Guns, the thing I liked about the bannana jumper last year was the fact that it was so easy to see whilst sitting in the Subi stands and looking into the sun. Our blokes really stood out which made it easier to follow the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back