4 KB · Views: 175
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 12.37.33 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 12.37.33 pm.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 190736_d68ce4ef5184ad56c8a6e08c4eb381fe.jpg
    190736_d68ce4ef5184ad56c8a6e08c4eb381fe.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

The man formerly know as Quadzilla among other names who created those logos is Stewart2Austin, a name looking ever more ridiculous as the season goes on.

View attachment 164681

Here's one I made last year, it's a bit 'tack on everything' but it's something.
Bit too busy for my liking, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

One of the hardest things to get your head around is the total lack of imagery/iconography available to build the logo around. Magpies could be incorporated but can't be the centrepiece or nuthin', and what is a Power? A lightning bolt is a sucky, weak central figure. I guess a fist is alright but for a footy club? More political symbolism than anything. Guernsey designs like the chevrons of the prison bars are as central to the brand as the logo but they don't really fit being in the logo.

For these reasons I think it's fair to say it's borderline impossible to create a new logo which clearly surpasses the current dual logos enough to justify a switch.

One of the hardest things to get your head around is the total lack of imagery/iconography available to build the logo around. Magpies could be incorporated but can't be the centrepiece or nuthin', and what is a Power? A lightning bolt is a sucky, weak central figure. I guess a fist is alright but for a footy club? More political symbolism than anything. Guernsey designs like the chevrons of the prison bars are as central to the brand as the logo but they don't really fit being in the logo.

For these reasons I think it's fair to say it's borderline impossible to create a new logo which clearly surpasses the current dual logos enough to justify a switch.
What about the monogram? I'm not full bottle on its history or significance within the club, but wouldn't that be a logical step forwards?

What about the monogram? I'm not full bottle on its history or significance within the club, but wouldn't that be a logical step forwards?
Fantastic on merch, better than any logo ever could be. It's just too awkward as a diagonally aligned monogram to fit as a centre piece of a logo and as such works far better on its own. Whether I'd like to see it as a primary logo... well, I'm not sold. It's a great tertiary/merch logo.

Re: historical significance, there is none. It was introduced when Port commissioned New Era caps. I believe they created the monogram.

Fantastic on merch, better than any logo ever could be. It's just too awkward as a diagonally aligned monogram to fit as a centre piece of a logo and as such works far better on its own. Whether I'd like to see it as a primary logo... well, I'm not sold. It's a great tertiary/merch logo.

Re: historical significance, there is none. It was introduced when Port commissioned New Era caps. I believe they created the monogram.
I love the monogram.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously cannot be central but would be well suited to a quadrant in a Coat of Arms style logo.
View attachment 164717

Gotta be careful with using a magpie like that- not only Collingwood but the State Govt might kick up a fuss. Pretty sure the state logo would be protected.

I agree with Dylan8 it's a tough concept to change. The existing logos though do gain strength with age, so I would be loath to change them until a superior thing comes along. It might happen, it happened with our jumper when the BiB came and supplanted the SBS.

Fair enough. I can sorta see what you mean.

No heritage either. Interesting.

Unless Port drop the Power moniker, I think it'll be a while yet before anything is offered as a successor.

Fair enough. I can sorta see what you mean.

No heritage either. Interesting.

Unless Port drop the Power moniker, I think it'll be a while yet before anything is offered as a successor.
PA monogram actually does hark back to early Port Adelaide logos. PA, the name of the club, is far more historical than Power.
1910_club_uniform.jpg

The man formerly know as Quadzilla among other names who created those logos is Stewart2Austin, a name looking ever more ridiculous as the season goes on.

View attachment 164681

Here's one I made last year, it's a bit 'tack on everything' but it's something.

I like it. Displays your current jersey design as well as the iconic prison bars. Uncomplicated. Easy to identify. Takes into account tradition.

Gotta be careful with using a magpie like that- not only Collingwood but the State Govt might kick up a fuss. Pretty sure the state logo would be protected.

I agree with Dylan8 it's a tough concept to change. The existing logos though do gain strength with age, so I would be loath to change them until a superior thing comes along. It might happen, it happened with our jumper when the BiB came and supplanted the SBS.
Wouldn't be too fussed I'd say, this is the Riverland football league logo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 108
Why not make it a roundel and split it into for sections in the middle.

Top left cockle shell diver helmet
Top right Alberton league logo or something to with the ports?
Bottom left a magpie
Bottom right power lightning bolt

Writing around the roundel should be.

PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB with 1870 at the bottom

Everybody uses it. The Adelaide Uni Blacks use it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back