chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Don't you honestly as a South Australian want something from our state's heritage recognized in the AFL? I hate Sturt but if there was a Sturt AFL team i would completely support a push for them to wear their proper jumper.
I really don’t care what Port Power wear in the AFL, my comments are related to the clip I commented on where Maguire is saying that Koch is just stirring up the Port supporters and that he should be more honest with them. I agree with him and it’s typical repetitive vapid Koch low hanging fruit rhetoric.

SANFL Flags should probably be looked at differently from when the Crows came in and the player drain really kicked in tbh, I mean the list of Magarey Medal winners since then aside from Nathan Buckley is a list of absolute nobodies then you add something laughable like Roy Laird's coaching record being compared to Williams, Oatey, Cahill etc.

The SANFL probably should have changed its name but it's sadly all irrelevant now, except those who experienced what it once was

Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
yes and I feel this devalues the flags when the SANFL was a quality competition

I guess that is an unavoidable conflict of one club with two teams in two leagues
FWIW, nobody bar Essendon and Carlton fans really give two shits about the total number of premierships won over a century and a bit.

I really don’t care what Port Power wear in the AFL

What brings you to this thread then, which is precisely about what "Port Power" wear in the AFL?

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
I was interested in Maguire’s perspective as I’ve already said, it’s rare I agree with him but on this I did..
All previously explained if you read back on things.
Of course you do.

I'm interest of fairness, what'd you think of the Crows trying to claim a State Guernsey?

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Of course you do.

I'm interest of fairness, what'd you think of the Crows trying to claim a State Guernsey?
A bit 50/50 really, as part of their initial make up I guess it’s got some credit but I don’t agree with it as a bloke that grew up with SOG footy. Then again the Big V is prostituted over and over again with embarrassingly bull$hit charity games so where’s the respect to tradition?

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
A bit 50/50 really, as part of their initial make up I guess it’s got some credit but I don’t agree with it as a bloke that grew up with SOG footy. Then again the Big V is prostituted over and over again with embarrassingly bull$hit charity games so where’s the respect to tradition?
Well, Carlton or Collingwood don't wear it do they?

And no. You aren't a State of Origin team.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
How's it feel that you're never ever going to wear the prison bars full-time or win this fight as only Collingwood will wear the black and white prison bars full time for ever and you can't do anything about it 😆

Where up to 50 shades of whining Grey
Well grey/silver was one of the founding colours of Port Power

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ricky112

Senior List
Aug 29, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Collingwood changed their uniform to the predominantly black design back around 2001 I believe.

So it's not exactly a sacred design.

The Port uniform compared to the predominantly white uniform Collingwood has had throughout much of their existence are completely different.

Why doesn't Port just put a teal stripe in the middle of the prison bars or use teal and black stripes.

Then tell Eddie to shut up. He's just a team president at the end of the day.

As an olive branch agree to wear an alternative strip in games against Collingwood.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Chazza & some random Richmond poster turn a main board thread into bay 13.. I'm shocked!
I think I’ve stayed on topic pretty well but if posters are going to ask questions or challenge me then I’ll reply to them. Do you expect me not to?
Apart from a reply to PapaG I’ve been fair and polite in general. If you’ve got a valid complaint tell a mod.
If you want to look at Bay 13 type stuff here look no further than this-
...A few years later Sturt win the flag with the major contributors being Zane Kirkwood and Kory Beard. How did that happen? Know your station and stick to volunteering to pick up dog poo before training.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think I’ve stayed on topic pretty well but if posters are going to ask questions or challenge me then I’ll reply to them. Do you expect me not to?
Apart from a reply to PapaG I’ve been fair and polite in general. If you’ve got a valid complaint tell a mod.
If you want to look at Bay 13 type stuff here look no further than this-
Well the Zane Kirkwood and Kory Beard comment is accurate as for doggy doo on Unley Oval also accurate.

You would think they would embrace the power lighting logo after all these years as its a lot better than a magpie. If they got the prison bars jumper then what's next change the team song to sa magpies song that's the same as the swans theme song, it just wouldn't end. Look at la chargers logo it's pretty cool to me coming up with a awesome design that people love is the key. https://instagram.com/chargers?igshid=14aodnf4hmgng

after we secure the right to the PBs, we would go after the song and then go after the tigers song and guernsey. After that, we'd take over the world and build a wall.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back