Port Adelaide's plan to use jumpers similar to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

RUBBISH. There are more than 1 club that wear blue and white so I see no problem with Port wearing black and white. Eddie and his supporters can sook all they like.
Rubbish? Who said anything about colours? They want to wear the exact same pattern and colours. What a stupid comment.

RUBBISH. There are more than 1 club that wear blue and white so I see no problem with Port wearing black and white. Eddie and his supporters can sook all they like.
They were accepted into the AFL with teal involved. Not sure why they suddenly want to change it. I’d go the prison bars with teal involved, it’s their identity now.

SANFL used to have money but they spent it all supporting Port Adelaide to the tune of $15million to keep them afloat in the AFL.

The amount of cash Mr Whicker and his encore catering earnt at Footy Park helped fund it, it’s OK, I think the deal there was pretty shite for the clubs too... so Adelaide.

SANFL used to have money but they spent it all supporting Port Adelaide to the tune of $15million to keep them afloat in the AFL.

Where do you think they got the $15mil from in the first place?

They were accepted into the AFL with teal involved. Not sure why they suddenly want to change it. I’d go the prison bars with teal involved, it’s their identity now.
Probably want to change it because it wasn't equitable to begin with?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Collingwood were in the VFL playing all their games at Victoria Park. Not sure why they suddenly wanted to change it to the MCG. I'd have gone with a bigger grandstand at Victoria Park, it was their identity then.

Why is this even a thread? There’s no debate. Want to wear those colours leave the afl and play in the SANFL.
Does it bother you that Collingwood actually don't have the rights to their own strip and name, and that the AFL does?

Freo entered the comp with green and red involved, black and white are official Port Adelaide colours no matter how you swing it teal is not our flag ship identity and black and white for the most part has always dominated our kits.

Rubbish? Who said anything about colours? They want to wear the exact same pattern and colours. What a stupid comment.

Pattern looks completely different to me mate.

port-adelaide-prison-bars_rlh1xryob4fq1gcs27fnf2ihn.jpg
1494703e588b502dc71d34025d80e07a

EexrdoxUYAAtuAy.jpg

64fb26357fbe375a86e31471589518f5

Must admit I have never really understood the uproar over this situation. My personal view is that Collingwood look better in the predominately white jumper with white shorts and I would like them to wear that as a home kit. If this happens I see no reason why Port Adelaide can't wear the predominately black prison bars with black shorts. But I suppose it is a matter of opinion.

Port 101. Can’t generate your own......not helping so far.

Port generating “it’s own” revenue is what this thread is about.

As a SA football supporter, you‘d support that, yeah?

There is ego on all sides.

Port could have kept their prison bar jumper with teal and a few white stripes. Merging of old era and new era. But no. Perhaps they really feel shitty because they chose “power” as their nickname. Instead now they have a jumper that doesn’t link the old era at all, all due to perception that it hurts others by. It doesn’t.

And Collingwood shouldn’t feel so threatened. You have taken identity of another club with no regard by putting the gun to their head. That’s on you, whether you like it or not.

How many times does Eddie say only 1 can wear black and white?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back