Port Adelaide's plan to use jumpers similar to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I'd like to see teal stay on the jumper as it's all I've known and actually like the look, even if they incorporated it with the prison bar style.

But my preference aside, I genuinely fail to see why they shouldn't be able to use the original prison bar jumper as their home/original strip and just have a clash uniform for when playing away. If they'd prefer it, why not?

You can wear our colours if you ackowledge that Nathan Buckley made the single greatest impact in winning a premiership for Port Adelaide.

There is ego on all sides.

Port could have kept their prison bar jumper with teal and a few white stripes. Merging of old era and new era. But no. Perhaps they really feel shitty because they chose “power” as their nickname. Instead now they have a jumper that doesn’t link the old era at all, all due to perception that it hurts others by. It doesn’t.

And Collingwood shouldn’t feel so threatened. You have taken identity of another club with no regard by putting the gun to their head. That’s on you, whether you like it or not.

Great post.

I don't blame Collingwood though. For years they've come to associate black and white as 'their' colours and unfortunately for Port, they were in the AFL first.

I genuinely respect and admire Port's heritage. I really like the black/teal/white V design but understand why they want the prison bars, however, I reckon incorporating some teal into the prison bar design is a beaut way to honour the heritage of the Port Adelaide Magpies, as well as the tradition and heritage forged by the Port Adelaide AFL teams. Irrespective of how the teal came to be part of the club's colours, it's part of Port's AFL heritage. Something to be proud of.

Didn't mind this version.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 22.14.17.png

So is Port wearing its proper black & white prison bars jumper in the finals?

But my preference aside, I genuinely fail to see why they shouldn't be able to use the original prison bar jumper as their home/original strip and just have a clash uniform for when playing away. If they'd prefer it, why not?
What would your opinion be if Glenelg joined the AFL in their current strip?

Can’t believe people still sook about this. You want to wear black and white stripes go back to the SANFL. It was a condition of entry that you change your name jumper and song, if you are unhappy with the changes then leave

Can’t believe people still sook about this. You want to wear black and white stripes go back to the SANFL. It was a condition of entry that you change your name jumper and song, if you are unhappy with the changes then leave

No.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an example, let’s say that Adelaide Crows aligned with Adelaide University FC to field a team in the SANFL as their reserves team, as part of this they demanded the right to wear their traditional black with a white V and demanded that while hosting Power Reserves they had to come up with a non clashing jumper as compared to their Prison Bars.
Does anyone think Port supporters would cop this or that Chairman Koch wouldn’t lose his s**t about it?

As an example, let’s say that Adelaide Crows aligned with Adelaide University FC to field a team in the SANFL as their reserves team, as part of this they demanded the right to wear their traditional black with a white V and demanded that while hosting Power Reserves they had to come up with a non clashing jumper as compared to their Prison Bars.
Does anyone think Port supporters would cop this or that Chairman Koch wouldn’t lose his sh*t about it?
So heavily invested in this s**t fight, but you have no skin in the game. Obsession at its finest.

The hypothetical isn’t a reflection you like seeing?
Im a mad liverpool supporter, you think I lose my s**t at the fact there's copious amounts of teams we play that wear the same colour as we do, or the fact that we have to wear abstract colours when playing away to those teams.

You my friend may have some close minded biased filled glasses on when approaching this topic but I do not. I couldnt and wouldn't give a stuff if a team entered the afl or sanfl with a jumper that looked somewhat similar to ours or was the same colour scheme.

Its the biggest form of flattery that Collingwood believe that the iconic prison bar brand is so strong that it would some how negatively impact them to the point where they have to fight against us using it for the past 23 years.

Im a mad liverpool supporter, you think I lose my sh*t at the fact there's copious amounts of teams we play that wear the same colour as we do, or the fact that we have to wear abstract colours when playing away to those teams.

You my friend may have some close minded biased filled glasses on when approaching this topic but I do not. I couldnt and wouldn't give a stuff if a team entered the afl or sanfl with a jumper that looked somewhat similar to ours or was the same colour scheme.

Its the biggest form of flattery that Collingwood believe that the iconic prison bar brand is so strong that it would some how negatively impact them to the point where they have to fight against us using it for the past 23 years.
He's a Sturt tragic that's had to settle for the Crows.. that's all that needs to be said.

Im a mad liverpool supporter, you think I lose my sh*t at the fact there's copious amounts of teams we play that wear the same colour as we do, or the fact that we have to wear abstract colours when playing away to those teams.

You might not but plenty would and I’d suggest it’s something that Koch would try and fight just as Maguire is with Collingwood, just as many CW supporters aren’t happy about it.
This is the point of my example.

You might not but plenty would and I’d suggest it’s something that Koch would try and fight just as Maguire is with Collingwood, just as many CW supporters aren’t happy about it.
This is the point of my example.
Its people like you who whip it up into hysteria when in reality its a non issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back