Port Adelaide's plan to use jumpers similar to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Heres a simple solution.

Just a very thin teal edge to the pylons and its no longer just black and white and still looks almost exactly like the heritage design.

View attachment 1115016

I don't think some of you guys get it.

That is not the historic Port Adelaide jumper.

They are not after pylons with teal trim, or teal pylons on a black jumper. Port want to wear their historic/heritage jumper which is black with white pylons, white number block, black number. Anything else is a bastardised version, so they may as well don the teal and white V on black, white number block, black number.

Heres a simple solution.

Just a very thin teal edge to the pylons and its no longer just black and white and still looks almost exactly like the heritage design.

View attachment 1115016

Just popped back to say that this looks fantastic, and was exactly what I had in mind when thinking of it earlier. The Port purists will probably disagree, and the staunch Collingwood supporters will too, but a lot of others I think would actually say that's a fantastic solution - as it incorporates teal into the colour schema, without it being a dominant colour and overriding the bars on the black background.

Not that it'll happen, but it's a pleasing look to the eye, and IMO would actually be a permanent solution for them to have full time (all 22 games and finals) rather than needing permission each time to wear a heritage jumper - rather having their jumper of choice all the time, with a 2% inclusion of their most recent heritage (the teal outline).

Love it!

I don't think some of you guys get it.

That is not the historic Port Adelaide jumper.

They are not after pylons with teal trim, or teal pylons on a black jumper. Port want to wear their historic/heritage jumper which is black with white pylons, white number block, black number. Anything else is a bastardised version, so they may as well don the teal and white V on black, white number block, black number.
Exactly
These compromises being put forward fail first hurdle

We'll stop you there, because you're already objectively and factually wrong, so there's no point reading the rest of your post. Do some research, come back and try again.
Nothing he said was wrong at all..

and no amount of revision of history by a port supporter can change the fact that port power was created in the 1990’s entered the comp in 1997..

the port adelaide magpies team has never played in the AFL.. its a sanfl team.

Last edited:
Refer you back to my post

Liverpool, Manchester United and Aresnal all have an essentially all red home strip.

All iconic strips, none lose their identity by having a clash strip or by having another club wear similar.

It's massively backwards thinking to say only one club can have a certain design, and it shows just how amateur the league is in comparison to the rest of the sporting world.

Who gives a flying #### what happens in soccer.

Out game is unique and so are the club jumper designs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wanganeen, Ryder, Monfries, Cockatoo-Collins, Hardwick, Fantasia ...

Wangas got a McDonalds store

Paddy left cause of the vitamin supplements thing

Monfries was a spud

Che also a spud

Hardwick was about 28 or something

Fantasia is from Adelaide and wanted to go home

Who gives a flying #### what happens in soccer.

Out game is unique and so are the club jumper designs.

Congratulations, you are one of the people I was referring to who is hindering the future development of the game.

It's not just soccer that does it, every major sporting league on the planet has a home/away/clash jumper system to improve the quality of the broadcasts for the fan.

People are just too stuck in their old time way, and it's the traditionalist who are crippling the growth of the game because they are too selfish.

that is every across supporter argument.

we had to change our name, entities as part of joining, your argument is illogical and gaslighting so not worth a response
You didn't have to change your name, Port Adelaide Power was a newly formed club that was seperate to the SANFL club until 2014.

Congratulations, you are one of the people I was referring to who is hindering the future development of the game.

It's not just soccer that does it, every major sporting league on the planet has a home/away/clash jumper system to improve the quality of the broadcasts for the fan.

People are just too stuck in their old time way, and it's the traditionalist who are crippling the growth of the game because they are too selfish.

Im betting you have a framed autographed photo of Gerald Whatley on your toilet wall...

Im betting you have a framed autographed photo of Gerald Whatley on your toilet wall...

I'm banking on you have a laminated poster of Eddie hanging above your bed.

Growth and change is not a bad thing.

Keep in mind if tradtionalists had their way, we would never have even got numbers on the back of jumpers as there was push back at the time for adopting that change. So your position on this matter could be viewed as poorly as them in time.

I'm banking on you have a laminated poster of Eddie hanging above your bed.

Growth and change is not a bad thing.

Keep in mind if tradtionalists had their way, we would never have even got numbers on the back of jumpers as there was push back at the time for adopting that change. So your position on this matter could be viewed as poorly as them in time.

on my dart board I do of Ed

I’m not joking either

You didn't have to change your name, Port Adelaide Power was a newly formed club that was seperate to the SANFL club until 2014.
No, Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club was a newly formed club that played in the SANFL and was separate to the Port Adelaide Football Club that moved from the SANFL to AFL until 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back