Port Adelaide's plan to use jumpers similar to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie is right. Simple as that.

When Port entered the comp the agreement was very clear. No black and white. No magpies. Whether you think it's unfair or not doesn't really matter. That's the deal. Accept it and move on.

Hearing the history and I actually remember this now regarding the club trying to move away from Port Magpies and form its own identity as they couldn't get members is even more interesting.

A week ago on Pies board I said didn't really care but I do now after listening to that.

Why should Collingwood be disrespected? We have stayed true to the jumper and they moved away from it why should we suffer?

Last edited:

Hahaha! My post was deleted in record time. It lasted literally one second.

I'm going to leave this awesome discussion to all you learned scholars.

I hope you all have a wonderful time debating who should be allowed to wear black and white striped jumpers.

One day, I might get around to reading the previous 143 pages... Or maybe not...
Don't stress mate.

Nobody is interested in stealing brown and yellow stripes.

What's that gotta do with the debate about Port and Collingwood's jumpers? :drunk::drunk::drunk:
You seem stressed that's all.

There really isn't a debate anyway. It's just AFL media story of the week. It'll sell a few papers in Adelaide, and give talking heads something to talk about. Nobody seriously believes Port are going to be running around in black and white stripes.

You seem stressed that's all.

There really isn't a debate anyway. It's just AFL media story of the week. It'll sell a few papers in Adelaide, and give talking heads something to talk about. Nobody seriously believes Port are going to be running around in black and white stripes.
What on earth gives you the idea that I'm "stressed" ?

Port Adelaide - couldn't relinquish the Magpies and the uniform quick enough to get into the AFL.

I think the AFL is realising why the SANFL and all the supporters of those clubs that came together to form Adelaide, despise them so much. And why it literally broke Graham Cornes' heart to see both his sons play there.

They gave their word with fingers crossed behind their back, but they signed a deal, now stick to it. Stop being a ******* pest. It's why fans all over the country have such joy in watching this team fail after having a dominant season.

1) Those codes are for their logos, not their jumpers, official colours etc.
2) Nobody gives a sh*t about specific shades down to the 256 RGBs
3) Are the Bulldogs Colours Indigo, Cyan Cobalt Blue, White and Crimson or Blue, White and Red

Now instead of making yourself look like a complete fool you could have started with "but Brisbane are Maroon, Gold and Blue not Red, Gold and Blue like Gold Coast." But no you had to introduce irrelevant bullshit to try and make yourself look smart and knowledgeable.

So you’ve now gone all the way around and arguing against your initial point in an attempt to try and somehow save face and make it look like you were right all along? So which is it, Brisbane and Gold Coast have substantially different jumpers colours (which you seem to agree with here unless you are now going to claim that maroon and red are the same) and therefore Brisbane wouldn’t have had any issue with those colours for GC (assuming somehow Brisbane inherited Fitzroy’s assignment of those rights, which I suspect wouldn’t have been the case), or Brisbane and Gold Coast have the “same” colours as you originally claimed? It is quite pathetic when people have to resort to childish insults instead of just admitting they were wrong when called on it. More than anything it’s just a sign they aren’t anywhere near as smart as they think they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Port Adelaide - couldn't relinquish the Magpies and the uniform quick enough to get into the AFL.

I think the AFL is realising why the SANFL and all the supporters of those clubs that came together to form Adelaide, despise them so much. And why it literally broke Graham Cornes' heart to see both his sons play there.

They gave their word with fingers crossed behind their back, but they signed a deal, now stick to it. Stop being a ******* pest. It's why fans all over the country have such joy in watching this team fail after having a dominant season.

You make it sound like they had a choice, do you think if they had stood their ground and said we are Port Magpies and we wear Black and White stripes they would of been given entry to the AFL.
At the time all they wanted was to not be left behind and be in the AFL, like any new club they made some mistakes but all new clubs do. They said and did what they needed to gain entry. You don't lose your history and heritage because you changed competitions.

You make it sound like they had a choice, do you think if they had stood their ground and said we are Port Magpies and we wear Black and White stripes they would of been given entry to the AFL.
At the time all they wanted was to not be left behind and be in the AFL, like any new club they made some mistakes but all new clubs do. They said and did what they needed to gain entry. You don't lose your history and heritage because you changed competitions.
Their choice was they could have decided to stay in the league in which they had built that "history and heritage" - a league they still have representation in now. As has been said multiple times here - they are free to celebrate their heritage in that league...it is where it was built after all.

The condition of entry into the AFL was clear. They made their choice. Emphasis on the word CHOICE.

So you’ve now gone all the way around and arguing against your initial point in an attempt to try and somehow save face and make it look like you were right all along? So which is it, Brisbane and Gold Coast have substantially different jumpers colours (which you seem to agree with here unless you are now going to claim that maroon and red are the same) and therefore Brisbane wouldn’t have had any issue with those colours for GC (assuming somehow Brisbane inherited Fitzroy’s assignment of those rights, which I suspect wouldn’t have been the case), or Brisbane and Gold Coast have the “same” colours as you originally claimed? It is quite pathetic when people have to resort to childish insults instead of just admitting they were wrong when called on it. More than anything it’s just a sign they aren’t anywhere near as smart as they think they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Start digging up mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is truely one big nuttso thread full of mentally disturbed PA people.

They’re like a completely different species to the rest of us.

Lord have mercy on their simple souls.

Farewell dimwits x

Well done done for trivializing mental health. Kudos to you sir.

Collingwood are no good at football so the only thing they can win is to gain the title of most hated. I'm not sure if they have it right now but they're trying.

They aren't planning to get rid of the teal or their regular jumpers, they only want to wear the black and white PBs at showdowns.

Just like they only want to use their new logo in their 150th year?

I don't really care what guernsey Port play in, or any other club for that matter. It is just a jumper.

Cue all of the "you're only a Crows supporter you know nothing about heritage"

Their choice was they could have decided to stay in the league in which they had built that "history and heritage" - a league they still have representation in now. As has been said multiple times here - they are free to celebrate their heritage in that league...it is where it was built after all.

The condition of entry into the AFL was clear. They made their choice. Emphasis on the word CHOICE.

false choice. the VFL expanded and left the SANFL as a reserves league in its own state. port saw this coming and the only choice was to try to move into the expanded VFL

false choice. the VFL expanded and left the SANFL as a reserves league in its own state.
Who's problem is that? The AFLs? The SANFLs? All this says is that the expansion spot was one that was coveted.

And frankly - who are we kidding, the VFL was the premier league in the country for decades prior. It was not a new thing, due to "expansion".

port saw this coming and the only choice was to try to move into the expanded VFL
There were conditions to that CHOICE though.

Of course, the other choice was to STAY IN THE LEAGUE THEY HAD BUILT THEIR LEGACY IN. Said league had been second fiddle (Maybe third fiddle, any WAFL fans want to interject?) to the VFL/AFL for quite some time.

These pro port prison bars arguments are getting towards delusional status now.

Exactly... it is nothing more than a “lets not discuss the actual overarching agreement signed from day one, because that completely destroys our arguement, but instead lets focus on that heritage round agreement because that allowed us to wear the PB’s in the heritage round games...”

the heritage rounds agreement is irrelevant.. what happens in other leagues around the world is irrelevant.. people’s opinion on whether the PB’s jumper does or doesnt look like the Pies jumper is irrelevant because.. opinions are like arseholes. All this other background nonsense and sooking is irrelevant.

all that matters is that port and collingwood (with the AFL) came to an agreement when Port Power entered the comp in 97. That agreement is what matters and is really all that needs to be disussed on this issue.

All party’s simply need to stick to the agreement. If not, it will wind up in court and the court will tell them all to “stick to the agreement” at a massive cost in court and lawyer fees. A fruitless, costly exercise and Port Power and Kochie know it.. thats why, just the other day, they said they wouldnt be taking it to court.

But why are some agreements stuck like glue and others are not?

A more important agreement between Brisbane and Fitzroy about how many games the Lions would be played in Melbourne was easily tossed away.

A players signing a contract these days also seems is very watery....

We tried to do that in 1990.

Collingwood were convinced by the SANFL that it would be a bad thing and it's why we didn't get in the first time.

We didn't have a choice.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

But why are some agreements stuck like glue and others are not?

A more important agreement between Brisbane and Fitzroy about how many games the Lions would be played in Melbourne was easily tossed away.

A players signing a contract these days also seems is very watery....
Do the affected parties involve both agree to a change?

If yes, a change can be made. RE your Brisbane minimum games in Melbourne, that was an agreement between the AFL and Brisbane. Both agreed to the change.

For this one - all affected parties DO NOT agree to a change. So....no change.

We tried to do that in 1990.

Collingwood were convinced by the SANFL that it would be a bad thing and it's why we didn't get in the first time.

We didn't have a choice.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You we're being thrown out of the SANFL too, and the only option was to become Port Power in the AFL or cease to exist?

Why have we not been told about this before?

How have port power or the port adelaide sanfl side lost their heritage and history?..

sounds like a massive slice of hyperbole you’ve just dished up with that statement..

did it all of a sudden just go up in a puff of smoke?.. Sorry, but I mustve missed that...

last I looked the port adelaide SANFL side still wears their PB’s jumper and the port adelaide power AFL side still wears their original colours of black, white, teal and silver.. with a slightly modernised slant on their original guernsey from the first year in the comp in 1997..

So what heritage and history has all of a sudden become lost?..

Collingwood are no good at football so the only thing they can win is to gain the title of most hated. I'm not sure if they have it right now but they're trying.
We won that decades ago.

Undefeated champions.

Do the affected parties involve both agree to a change?

If yes, a change can be made. RE your Brisbane minimum games in Melbourne, that was an agreement between the AFL and Brisbane. Both agreed to the change.

For this one - all affected parties DO NOT agree to a change. So....no change.

Strange decision by Brisbane who wanted more supporters in Melbourne via Fitzroy. That’s a way to keep them happy :p

No wonder AFL lost so many Fitzroy supporters...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back