Port Adelaide's plan to use jumpers similar to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Fail.

Considering he is no longer a Collingwood player you would hope he identifies as a Dog.

Roger James, another Port Adelaide champion??

Here is Roger whilst a listed Port Adelaide AFL player celebrating the 1997 SANFL premiership...at least the 'Bars were in that GF!

View attachment 1120252

What on earth are you going on about?

For balance here’s the great man suiting up in the Prison Bars as a Port Adelaide listed player.

7E4E179A-0BBA-4637-ADDC-7831BA230360.jpeg

23919CE1-9E20-4D85-869E-333A624F94F9.jpeg

And how’s this for a bonus photo? Tredrea, Dew and James together in the Prison Bars in the same shot! What a treat!

997BF286-2B05-429C-9697-7457D8E009C1.jpeg

Not sure what point I’m making here but isn’t the Internet fun?!

When are St Kilda going to put a stop to this buffoon wearing black, white and red?
6c3f1d68896ddb78839261d3efa2d148.jpg
Watching Eddie‘s head explode is a much loved historical tradition. I hope St Kilda don’t try and cancel it.

Last edited:

Hey BustedWing

Did you want to stop dodging these questions?

Specifically, what is different about Collingwood and the AFL when compared with the other major professional sporting leagues, both bigger and smaller, both open and closed, when it comes to another team using the same colours?

There are many reasons.

You have been defeated.

Hey BustedWing

Did you want to stop dodging these questions?

Specifically, what is different about Collingwood and the AFL when compared with the other major professional sporting leagues, both bigger and smaller, both open and closed, when it comes to another team using the same colours?
I'll be honest here....why? Will it make any difference to your position?

If I spend time pointing out the differences into a post, are you just going to respond a few posts later with:

"But why male models?" or the equivalent?

If I do this, I will do so by asking questions of you too...they're not deflections, its a process to help you to understand the point being made. So when I do so, are you going to answer them honestly, or are you going to reply with "StOp DeFlEcTiNg bY AskInG mE QuEsTiOnS!!!"

So before I go any further, I want to know if you will even bother engaging in an honest manner. Will you?

Last edited:
Dane Swan playing for Williamstown while a Collingwood listed player.

Must have confused poor doppleganger at the time.

dane-swan-for-williamstown-in-action-during-the-vfl-finals-match-picture-id1363313

This was a bad argument that you should have thought about more carefully before posting.

That for the first 15 odd years, there was no link between the Power and the Magpies.

Power players stayed with the SANFL club that they were recruited from.

The AFL identity is the Power, nothing to do with the 'Bars.

Port unification occurred and now you are trying to push the 'Bars onto the AFL! The 'Bars are all about your SA Magpies heritage.

If you are comfortable phasing out Magpies, why not unify under the chevrons?

You uhhhh.....you realise sh*t like this with Stewie Dew is exactly why we fought for re-unification? We had teammates training together all week then fronting up against each other in completely different teams. The SANFL forcing the PAMFC into existence when we moved into the AFL really hamstrung us for the best part of a decade.

Wether you like it or not the PBs are a part of our identity and history as a club, and to suggest they aren’t part of our AFL identity when we’ve worn them on half a dozen occasions is a bit close minded.
Not sure who you are referring to with the hamstrung comments, Port Magpies, Port Power or both. Under the SANFL mini draft system Port Magpies won two flags and Port Power one AFL flag, hardly proof of being hamstrung.
Also, your One Club reunification never was about all Port Power players playing for Port Magpies when not playing AFL, quite the opposite, Port Power promised the PAMFC members they’d never become a Power reserves team, give it a year or two and that promise was reneged on, since then neither team has won a flag.

I’m thinking that this simply comes down to that many just want to push aside that the greatest performed football club at top tier level is not a Victorian club. With the great love for the sport the Vics have one would think they Would be like Wow what a club, get them into this expanded national comp. What a club!
But no they wish to shut down their history as if it never occurred and try and say as it was in another comp it is no longer a part of who they are. Maybe a little jealousy going on here more than anything else.

That for the first 15 odd years, there was no link between the Power and the Magpies.

Power players stayed with the SANFL club that they were recruited from.

The AFL identity is the Power, nothing to do with the 'Bars.

Port unification occurred and now you are trying to push the 'Bars onto the AFL! The 'Bars are all about your SA Magpies heritage.

If you are comfortable phasing out Magpies, why not unify under the chevrons?

lol the bars are all about Port Adelaide heritage. "the AFL identity" isn't a real thing, our identity every year is what it is and has been through the SAFL, SANFL and AFL. weird argument to say a club should abandon 100 years of its existence when it moves competitions.

lol the bars are all about Port Adelaide heritage. "the AFL identity" isn't a real thing, our identity every year is what it is and has been through the SAFL, SANFL and AFL. weird argument to say a club should abandon 100 years of its existence when it moves competitions.

Staggering thst these great traditionalits and lovers of our sport think this way.

Dane Swan playing for Williamstown while a Collingwood listed player.
You should have gone with the Buckley pic.

That was when the AFL disbanded the stand alone VIC reserves competition, and Collingwood chose to affiliate with Williamstown instead of run its own VFA team.

The Port Magpies and the 'Bars never stopped playing in the SANFL, there was no link with the AFL Port Power as SA recruits just stuck with their SANFL team...thus guys like Roger James remained a Norwood red leg whilst being a Power player.

The Port v Norwood rivalry was supposed to mean something, until Port jumped ship and became the Power I guess...hence their inane attempt to try and link the Showdown with the 'Bars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure who you are referring to with the hamstrung comments, Port Magpies, Port Power or both. Under the SANFL mini draft system Port Magpies won two flags and Port Power one AFL flag, hardly proof of being hamstrung.
Also, your One Club reunification never was about all Port Power players playing for Port Magpies when not playing AFL, quite the opposite, Port Power promised the PAMFC members they’d never become a Power reserves team, give it a year or two and that promise was reneged on, since then neither team has won a flag.
It started out ok but towards the end one of the major reasons was 100% to get all players playing together. We had guys like Aaron Young and Ben Newton being forced into SANFL Reserves games because clubs like North Adelaide refused to play them in the positions we were developing them for. We even paid transfer fees mid season to get some of these players into the magpies because their development was being torched.

As far as the “power reserves” goes the SANFL forced our hands there too stripping our development zones. Was always inevitable anyway as soon as we moved into the AFL. I’d like to think once the AFL gives us a proper reserves league, we’ll still have a presence in the SANFL but I also won’t be holding my breath. We’ve moved onto bigger and better things.

You should have gone with the Buckley pic.

That was when the AFL disbanded the stand alone VIC reserves competition, and Collingwood chose to affiliate with Williamstown instead of run its own VFA team.

The Port Magpies and the 'Bars never stopped playing in the SANFL, there was no link with the AFL Port Power as SA recruits just stuck with their SANFL team...thus guys like Roger James remained a Norwood red leg whilst being a Power player.

The Port v Norwood rivalry was supposed to mean something, until Port jumped ship and became the Power I guess...hence their inane attempt to try and link the Showdown with the 'Bars.

They didn’t jump ship, they were told you can’t be who you are because it upsets one of our clubs. They were given no choice and now they are simply fighting for what is right.

This is all wildly random and archaic gobbledygook, this is something KG and Cornes would've said three decades ago on 5AA word for word. it's all quite pointless and irrelevant to the discussion at hand which is primarily about branding and identity confusion and the VFLs small minded mentality towards it compared to Port and the rest of the world.

Not here to troll (you may think otherwise), but this whole history thing has been a little inconsistent from Port of the journey.

Ultimately it was the Port who wanted to abandon the SANFL after a hundred years and join the AFL, hence the Crows were formed representing all SANFL clubs.

When Port did they join the AFL, they started a new, separate club called the Port Adelaide Power, abandoning the "Magpies and colours" even sending a message to all their new members they were a distinctly different club to the Port Adelaide Magpies. They then booted the Magpies out of their home base at Alberton and shipped them down the road to Ethelton.

It was only a few years ago when the traditional Magpies were bankrupt and about to go into administration that the Power took them over and now they were 'one club' with hundreds of years of history.

No doubt their roots are from Alberton (reason why the majority of SA people don't support them), but it was Port who abandoned the 100 years of SANFL history, their own pylon guernsey, not prison bar, when they decided to move competition.

I don't see the reason why they should wear the pylon jumper only for the game v the Crows. If it's your heritage, wear it every week. If you've made a contractual arrangement to say you won't wear it, well that's the bed you've made.

Not here to troll (you may think otherwise), but this whole history thing has been a little inconsistent from Port of the journey.

Ultimately it was the Port who wanted to abandon the SANFL after a hundred years and join the AFL, hence the Crows were formed representing all SANFL clubs.

When Port did they join the AFL, they started a new, separate club called the Port Adelaide Power, abandoning the "Magpies and colours" even sending a message to all their new members they were a distinctly different club to the Port Adelaide Magpies. They then booted the Magpies out of their home base at Alberton and shipped them down the road to Ethelton.

It was only a few years ago when the traditional Magpies were bankrupt and about to go into administration that the Power took them over and now they were 'one club' with hundreds of years of history.

No doubt their roots are from Alberton (reason why the majority of SA people don't support them), but it was Port who abandoned the 100 years of SANFL history, their own pylon guernsey, not prison bar, when they decided to move competition.

I don't see the reason why they should wear the pylon jumper only for the game v the Crows. If it's your heritage, wear it every week. If you've made a contractual arrangement to say you won't wear it, well that's the bed you've made.

B5F8CA51-8D02-43F7-A2B5-88C4F5441C41.gif

Once again they were not given any opportunity or choice to be the Port Magpies with Black and White stripes in the AFL. They had to find a new name and colours to get the licence.
Do you honestly think they would of got the licence as the Port Magpies to join the AFL and they chose against this?
That more SANFL clubs and WAFL clubs chose to relegate themselves to insignificance instead of a future going forward shows why Port are who they are.
They did no desert their name and colours, their only chance to get in the AFL was the option they were given. It doesn’t change who they are and what they identify as.

Not here to troll

you have twenty five thousand posts since 2015 and you still haven't learned the most basic things about SA footy. that is astonishingly remarkable.

who are you?!

you have twenty five thousand posts since 2015 and you still haven't learned the most basic things about SA footy. that is astonishingly remarkable.

who are you?!
Thetrader15

It started out ok but towards the end one of the major reasons was 100% to get all players playing together. We had guys like Aaron Young and Ben Newton being forced into SANFL Reserves games because clubs like North Adelaide refused to play them in the positions we were developing them for. We even paid transfer fees mid season to get some of these players into the magpies because their development was being torched.

As far as the “power reserves” goes the SANFL forced our hands there too stripping our development zones. Was always inevitable anyway as soon as we moved into the AFL. I’d like to think once the AFL gives us a proper reserves league, we’ll still have a presence in the SANFL but I also won’t be holding my breath. We’ve moved onto bigger and better things.
This is where I get pissed off with the Port Adelaide revisionist history. The SANFL didn’t force your hand with a Power Reserves team, that is entirely your own doing, you could’ve kept the status quo but in turning PAMFC into an AFL reserves side the AFL dictated you had to give up your zones and junior pathways. Do you really think the AFL is going to allow one club to have junior pathways and zones and bar all others?
It’s delusional thinking! Koch then drums up the outrage to cover their own plans and next thing you know Port supporters jump on their victim mentality and SANFL conspiracy theories.
I’ve always suspected the One Club plan was made in the knowledge that they’d have the magpies as an AFL reserves team all along, if true it’s absolutely disingenuous towards the PAMFC members.

the PAMFC members.

who? there were 800 PAMFC members. people like you who still cling onto some fantasy from 3 decades ago are in the extreme minority where they wish it was still 1982. we can tell by your profile especially chaz old mate. people like you and those fools who thought "PAMFC is da real Port" were useful idiots, pawns in the game, morons fooled into delusion, idiots turned against their own club by greater authorities. there were literally 2000 of you max, now there are barely 500, and half of them post here to keep alive their happiest fantasies.

most people in Australia now recognise what a con it was, except the chazwazza's of the country.

You can stop there because you are factually wrong. A new club was not started to go into the AFL. The Port Adelaide Football Club won the second sub-licence and moved to the AFL, it changed its corporate structure from an Incorporated Associated to Proprietary Limited Company as required for AFL entry and that is it. The Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club were established in 1997 as a condition of the award of the second sub-licence at the insistence of the SANFL. The Port Adelaide Football Club's preference was to not have this new SANFL club established. It was also condition enforced on the PAMFC by the SANFL to train at Ethelton, the PAFC categorically did not "boot" the PAMFC out of Alberton Oval.

I’m thinking that this simply comes down to that many just want to push aside that the greatest performed football club at top tier level is not a Victorian club.

Why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back