Blue Dimension

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
N Mystics & GC Lightning
Was just reading on the Port board and apparently it was reported on 7 news in Adelaide that Port were asking about acquiring Cameron Cloke in trade week. Word is they've decided to hang off and wait on his shoulder surgery (didn't know about this?) and then see if he's delisted and pick him up via the PSD (I think this would possibly mean that Cloke hasn't got another year extension on his contract as suggested).

Here's the link to the thread.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=643287

Thoughts?

Was just reading on the Port board and apparently it was reported on 7 news in Adelaide that Port were asking about acquiring Cameron Cloke in trade week. Word is they've decided to hang off and wait on his shoulder surgery (didn't know about this?) and then see if he's delisted and pick him up via the PSD (I think this would possibly mean that Cloke hasn't got another year extension on his contract as suggested).

Here's the link to the thread.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=643287

Thoughts?

not sure if contracted thought he was but hope he isnt and they can have the big useless heap of c##p , second most immature bloke on our list till yesterday and now how most, and way way too inconsistent, good at vfl but never goign to be a good afl footballer week in week out

As it's been said, I'd keep him for a little while longer, if only just as a handy strongly built depth player who might be handy in the event of injuries.

You can't question his endeavor and despite what some people might say, he's not a total spud...

Could Port possibly convince Cloke to leave Carlton? What would be the likelihood of that?

Interesting nevertheless.

As it's been said, I'd keep him for a little while longer, if only just as a handy strongly built depth player who might be handy in the event of injuries.

You can't question his endeavor and despite what some people might say, he's not a total spud...
I would add to that that he's now probably our most reliable kick for goal and if he doesn't take a mark in the forward line, would at least make sure it comes to ground for the likes of Betts, Garlett etc.

Cant afford to let Cloke and Fisher go now with no Fev IMO.
If anybody watched the bullants in the grand final there's no doubt who the Blues should keep out of the two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he has a year to go on his contract, so that makes the PSD moot.

I think this is the point i'm trying to make in the OP.

Port would know what the situation is in regards to Cloke's contract as they would have held discussions with Carlton.

Hence why I believe he doesn't have that extra year which has been discussed about previously.

Please take him Port.

This would cap off a trading coup for Port Adelaide.

Recruit the triumvirate of Jay Shultz, Jay Nash and Cameron Cloke..the 3 worst players in the league.
:thumbsdown:

Being one of the worst posters on BF is your only achievement.

Remember to duck if you hear footsteps behind and someone cocking a gun...

I'd keep him to be honest. Will never be a world beater, but he does give his all, and will always provide a contest. Would have thought there'd be a few guys ahead of him to be delisted.

Agree. Could come in real handy against teams who dont match up well and could play a pinch hitting roll. And always give 110% everytime he hits the field, worth another year, then look at moving him on to the GC17

i would dump fisher before cloke.

Cloke playing as a forward ONLY has something to offer. Whether he is in teh thoughts of Ratts to start next season, who really knows. One thing is for sure, with kruz, warnock, hampson and jacobs, cloke cant be thought of as a ruck fill in.

Carlton's problem right now is that their are no proven guarantees in terms of KPF.

Setanta - only showed a handful of good games.
Kruz - he is a ruckman, not a KPF. Will he be a success at FF or CHF?
Henderson - unproven
Waite - proven but doubt he'll play up there.

So Cloke suddenly becomes more important.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back