Review Port beats Pies - 2021 R19

Remove this Banner Ad

Sleezy

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Apparently mihocek ran 22km in the game. The best this year is 17. What the fu**!

22 must be an all time record

Edit: it looks like it is. Scully held the record at 18.9ks
Mihochek had 22kms just after half time. It's a glitch in the system. He also had 5kms at high speed when no-one else had above 2, and was averaging 23k/h in attack.

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Would be interested in a summary of our kickouts.

Cannon tried a few variables, some worked. He should take every kickout.

Jonas should take zero kickouts. Every one of his came straight back at him. It’s because he is the main culprit of kick it out to the right of the centre square every time, and has no distance or real power in his kicking. Opposition lick their lips when he takes the kickout.

Give the ball to someone else, Tom, and get out of the square.
I even found myself shouting at the screen 'give it to Bonner' at one point when Jonas grabbed the ball for the kick in.

Aug 27, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Myeh.

Well done Trav

Drew is an inside beast. he's a 10 year player lock

Back to lockdown. Obey your leaders and don't question authority. Don't carry a phone and use cash

Kingfish73

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I just watched Drew intensely at stoppages and thoroughly enjoyed it. Kid can play and accelerating to a top tier mid. How good is Georgiades tackling too. Great Butters and Xavier got through. Rozee showing signs ready to peak in finals. Once Fantasia back and hopefully Robbie, our forward line will be very dangerous. Our defence is a worry. And agree we need another consistent Mid. Butters hopefully fill that void few weeks down track.

Collingwood board going on about how perennially blessed Dixon is with the umpires. He actually should get a lot more free kicks than he does.

Im surprised at how little they collectively know about football.

Collingwood board going on about how perennially blessed Dixon is with the umpires. He actually should get a lot more free kicks than he does.

It's almost like being a man mountain who is almost impossible to stop 1 on 1 without infringing the laws of the game will result in the occasional free kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This commentators whining over Dixon giving Roughead a little push after he was already in the air and missing the ball anyway were ridiculous, especially when you consider Hawkins that gives defenders the hard, two handed shove in the middle of the back at every contest he's involved in.

May 9, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm happy the win, the week the players had was a absolute joke, and made it hard to get any rhythm into our play by not being able to train properly and all of that. Happy Butters, Rozee & Duursma all got through unscathed, that's the big tick for the game.

Was no coincidence that the best game Houston has played in his attacking role came with those three back in the side. I saw glimpses that once those three get some more games into them we'll be about the mark with our full strength side. Fantasia, Gray, Motlop & I have Jones in our best 22 will all open it up for us as long as they come back in form.

Thought Ladhams played his best game as a forward, the four talls is working and developing nicely. Bonner has shown a bit the past two games also I thought, so that's a positive.

Bank the win under the circumstances, was never going to be a fluent performance.

Special mention to Boaky for 300 games at the level he's played at, and continues to play at. He's a true Port Adelaide champion, hopefully he gets the flag he deserves.

Valentino

Club Legend
Mar 1, 2014
Beside myself
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
VR46 and SSC Napoli
Marshall was great.
I liked his work up the ground and dropping into the backlines late in quarters when it was tight.
Could they be trying to mold him into another Westy and does the Great One have a role in this and will he be able to grow a bushy beard when needed?

Watching the replay of that contentious ‘push’ by Dixon on Roughead and two things stand out. Dixon’s hands make contact under Roughheads arm, so the push is in the side. Secondly, it looks to me like Roughead exaggerated the contact.

If this is what sets Collingwood fans of about umpiring, god help them if they ever experience the standard that we regularly cop.

This commentators whining over Dixon giving Roughead a little push after he was already in the air and missing the ball anyway were ridiculous, especially when you consider Hawkins that gives defenders the hard, two handed shove in the middle of the back at every contest he's involved in.

Hawkins would need to retire if the Dixon push was a free kick.

Jan 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Watching the replay of that contentious ‘push’ by Dixon on Roughead and two things stand out. Dixon’s hands make contact under Roughheads arm, so the push is in the side. Secondly, it looks to me like Roughead exaggerated the contact.

If this is what sets Collingwood fans of about umpiring, god help them if they ever experience the standard that we regularly cop.
Roughead is always complaining/crying every time he gets a free paid against him.

Valentino

Club Legend
Mar 1, 2014
Beside myself
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
VR46 and SSC Napoli
SPP was pretty important.. smashed in hard and a few footsteps were heard…

i think we are going ok at the minute. By that I mean we aren’t playing that well, but still controlling games and clearly the better side despite not quite clicking.. if it does click as we get players back it could be anything…
If he could tidy up his ball handling, he would make us look a whole lot better.

x_les_x

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Watched SPP closely last night and realised we are travis boaking him. SPP is playing the toughest part of the ground which is the HFF. The intensity and pressure acts are there but we are relying on him to deliver inside 50 and although he has improved his kicking somewhat this year he is prone to sky balling to our talls and slipping over. I dont recall him ever attending a centre bounce which is where he was so damaging early in his career

Remove this Banner Ad

Back