Review Port beats Pies - 2021 R19

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Lycett, Port Adelaide, has been charged with Striking Brodie Grundy, Collingwood, during the third quarter of the Round 19 match between Port Adelaide and Collingwood played at Marvel Stadium on Friday, July 23, 2021.

In summary, he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

My biggest concern is the captain. I've been a big advocate for him for so long, but dam he looked slow. If we coukd replace him with a genuine KPD we would be such a better side. That, and also a fast guy in the middle who knws what way to run. We too often don't get first hands to the ball even when we win the tap. Drew coming along is great, but he isn't the type of player we need to be doing it.

I see a lot of positives.

brought back 3 important players, I believe you played back in the day so you’d know better than most, 5 games to find touch would be nice.

were transitioning back to our forward press defence rather than sit deep.

definitely more effort to run and carry with the ball and break the lines.

our tall forward we’re hit up perfectly and they all contributed.

I think we are building. Woodcock for Fanta would be perfect

considering this weeks turmoil, I can understand some flatness. I feel we can shock teams come finals. We just have to snag that week one finals win and it flips quick. I’m keep to take in Melbourne.
Woodcock for Fanta or Woodcock for Gray?

Watched SPP closely last night and realised we are travis boaking him. SPP is playing the toughest part of the ground which is the HFF. The intensity and pressure acts are there but we are relying on him to deliver inside 50 and although he has improved his kicking somewhat this year he is prone to sky balling to our talls and slipping over. I dont recall him ever attending a centre bounce which is where he was so damaging early in his career

You can see who has attended centre bounces at https://dailyfantasyrankings.com.au/resources/afl/cba.php. SPP has been consistently getting some but not many CBAs, but note this week's numbers aren't out yet.

Pros:
- Good game to get some run in the legs of our injury interrupted 3 in Butters, Rozee and Duursma. If we want to make it deep into finals, we need all 3 in the team.
- Todd Marshall, Ladhams and Dixon all had great games. I really hope we hold onto Ladhams, extremely valuable player who has shown enough promise as a forward/ruck to keep playing him.
- Bonner has been playing some extremely good footy and I hope this gets noticed by our fans who are always ready to stick the knife in him at a moments notice.
- So many people since we drafted Drew observed that if he got an uninterrupted chance, he would be a 100+ gamer for us. This really is his first proper season of opportunity and he hasn't disappointed.
- Wines and Amon. Both players who looked to be on their way out, both looked to have shitty attitudes, both have had such a turnaround in form and approach. I don't know who the * has been working with these two but they should get a pay rise.

Concerns:
- When Fantasia and Gray are both ready, we will need to jig our forward line a bit. Woodcock for one is the easy choice, but I think this unfortunately means Marshall or Ladhams needs to be dropped for the other and I'm not sure on who. Ladhams ability to go into the ruck or rest forward makes him very appealing.
- Aliir has been a bit down on form, noticeable since Clurey has been out.
- Our backline setup was awful.
- Jonas was in the AA squad of 40 last year but he feels a bit underdone
- Butters may not be able to reach his form from last year due to the number of interruptions so far. Of all the players we need to 'come good', he is on the top of the list.
- I feel like Woodcock hasn't shown enough, but maybe he hasn't been given enough opportunity before being dropped. I love his assist work however and I might be a touch too harsh on an 11 gamer.
- I haven't seen anything that makes me convinced that we won't get barreled out of the finals quite quickly.

Concerns:
- When Fantasia and Gray are both ready, we will need to jig our forward line a bit. Woodcock for one is the easy choice, but I think this unfortunately means Marshall or Ladhams needs to be dropped for the other and I'm not sure on who. Ladhams ability to go into the ruck or rest forward makes him very appealing.

Bonner or Bergmann should be the ones to come out for Gray.

10 Willem Drew (PORT)
5 Jack Crisp (COLL)
4 Dan Houston (PORT)
4 Charlie Dixon (PORT)
3 Brodie Grundy (COLL)
3 Ollie Wines (PORT)
1 Jack Madgen (COLL)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. We win games of football. Apparently Sydney and Brisbane are better than us yet the table says otherwise.

Yeah yeah yeah, but the table isn't a true indication lol

Okay what about Win Loss form?

well that isn't a true indication either lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back