Prediction Port Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

With our final pick, Carlton select Oscar Lewis from Sandringham Dragons. A high-endurance alternate winger option to Flynn Perez.

From pick 43 on, coming away with Flynn Perez, Jai Jackson, Jaxon Prior and now Oscar Lewis, I’m pretty satisfied with that result and combo of players.

Blues fans would still have my head for picking Weightman while Kemp was on the table though lol

philthy05 enjoy

The Bigfooty Port Board thanks you for your service Macca19 x2 and Nihilus.

any time (it was fun to play)

for the 2 sides I picked for here is the list

Suns have

01 Gold Coast - Matt Rowell, 180cm 78kg, Inside / outside mid, Vic metro
02 Gold Coast - Noah Anderson, 191cm 87kg Inside mid/forward, Vic metro
15 Gold Coast - Sam de Koning, 201cm 86kg, Key defender, Vic country
20 Gold Coast - Will Day, 189cm 76kg, Defender, SA

-------/----------
GWS have

03 GWS - Tom Green. 191cm 89kg, midfielder, NSW Academy
42 GWS - Luke Partington, 181cm 79kg, Midfielder / wrestler, SA
60 GWS - Emerson Jeka, 198cm 91kg, Utility, Vic metro
61 GWS - Joel Ottavi, 198cm 93kg, Forward / ruck, Vic Metro
63 GWS - Liam Delahunty, 192cm 90kg, Utility, GWS Academy
81 GWS - Jeremy GODDARD 27/03/1998 | 202cm/106kg | Ruck CLAREMONT/WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Hawks round out their draft with Charlie Dean

I don’t like him as a forward but failed key forwards often work out as defenders and he’s got the size and athleticism to do it so why not at this pick. Hawks really need some height and this gives them some. From memory he’s 195 but his reach looks very good and his frame will add size easily.

In any case If he busts throw him aside and try again.

hawks finish their draft with

serong , Maginness, magor , rowles, Ruscoe and Dean

I’m happy with that haul.

for those that are finished … how does the team you chose for look with the additions you picked

for the 2 teams I picked this is how they could look

this is how the Suns could look 2020

B: Jesse Joyce, Rory Thompson, Chris Burgess
HB: Pearce Hanley, Jack Hombsch, Jarrod Harbrow
C: Lachie Weller, Anthony Miles, Jack Bowes
HF: Alex Sexton, Sam Day, Hugh Greenwood
F: Izak Rankine, Peter Wright, Ben King

FOLL: Jarrod Witts, Brandon Ellis, David Swallow

I/C: Touk Miller, Matt Rowell, Noah Anderson, Jack Lukosius

Emerg: Nick Holman, Ben Ainsworth, Sam de Koning, Will Brodie, Josh Corbett, Zac Smith

this is how GWS could look in 2020

B:Heath Shaw, Aidan Corr, Nick Haynes
HB: Zac Williams, Phil Davis, Adam Kennedy
C: Josh Kelly, Callan Ward, Lachie Whitfield
HF:Tim Taranto, Jeremy Cameron, Toby Greene
F: Zac Langdon, Harry Himmelberg, Luke Partington

FOLL: Sam Jacobs, Stephen Coniglio, Jacob Hopper

I/C: Tom Green, Matt de Boer, Jye Caldwell, Jackson Hately,

Emerg: Sam Taylor, Emerson Jeka, Brent Daniels, Jeremy Finlayson, Joel Ottavi, Jeremy GODDARD

For the Bulldogs final pick they add another ruck option for more depth in their list, Callum Jamieson - 199cm, 84kg ruck from Claremont, WA who was overshadowed by Luke Jackson.

for those that are finished … how does the team you chose for look with the additions you picked

for the 2 teams I picked this is how they could look

this is how the Suns could look 2020

B: Jesse Joyce, Rory Thompson, Chris Burgess
HB: Pearce Hanley, Jack Hombsch, Jarrod Harbrow
C: Lachie Weller, Anthony Miles, Jack Bowes
HF: Alex Sexton, Sam Day, Hugh Greenwood
F: Izak Rankine, Peter Wright, Ben King

FOLL: Jarrod Witts, Brandon Ellis, David Swallow

I/C: Touk Miller, Matt Rowell, Noah Anderson, Jack Lukosius

Emerg: Nick Holman, Ben Ainsworth, Sam de Koning, Will Brodie, Josh Corbett, Zac Smith

this is how GWS could look in 2020

B:Heath Shaw, Aidan Corr, Nick Haynes
HB: Zac Williams, Phil Davis, Adam Kennedy
C: Josh Kelly, Callan Ward, Lachie Whitfield
HF:Tim Taranto, Jeremy Cameron, Toby Greene
F: Zac Langdon, Harry Himmelberg, Luke Partington

FOLL: Sam Jacobs, Stephen Coniglio, Jacob Hopper

I/C: Tom Green, Matt de Boer, Jye Caldwell, Jackson Hately,

Emerg: Sam Taylor, Emerson Jeka, Brent Daniels, Jeremy Finlayson, Joel Ottavi, Jeremy GODDARD

For the Dockers:

B: G. Logue, J. Hamling, L. Ryan
HB: L. Ash, A. Pearce, N. Wilson
C: D. Stephens, C. Blakely, S. Hill
HF: B. Acres, J. Hogan, D. Mundy
F: B. Sokol, M. Taberner, B. Matera
R: R. Lobb, N. Fyfe, M. Walters
INT: A. Brayshaw, A. Cerra, D. Tucker, J. Aish
EMG: S. Darcy, R. Conca, B. Cox, T. Rivers

Ash and Sokol freeing up Walters and Blakely to do some damage in the middle Pity I couldn't get Henry at 22 instead of Rivers, if I'd gotten him he'd push out Sokol or Matera. I guess we'll see where the bid comes for him in the real world.

Last edited:
West Coast select Mitch Martin.

At this point it’s a favorite pick rather than someone I’m certain will be an AFL player. Mitch Martin has tricks, that’s his selling point. Make it or not he won’t ever be a solid state leave player. He’s an incredibly talented small/medium forward but also very raw. Probably one of the best kicks in the draft.

I like his chances of making it at a club like West Coast where he can play, or at least start, as a permanent forward. Think Mark Lecras.

Geelong select Callum Park, 189cm/69kg general forward from Glenelg.

We're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Park needs to get his strength and endurance up and won't be seen at AFL level for two years so this is a speculative pick, but if the other guys I've picked come on and start playing more midfield than forward, I'm going to need players to fill those spots on the field. Plus he can play defence and has a good mark on him, so he's got a bit of upside.

I like to target one area of the ground in every draft, and this draft is all about forwards.

Sleezy

Geelong select Callum Park, 189cm/69kg general forward from Glenelg.

We're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Park needs to get his strength and endurance up and won't be seen at AFL level for two years so this is a speculative pick, but if the other guys I've picked come on and start playing more midfield than forward, I'm going to need players to fill those spots on the field. Plus he can play defence and has a good mark on him, so he's got a bit of upside.

I like to target one area of the ground in every draft, and this draft is all about forwards.

Sleezy
Cocking utensil. All that time and he goes at ninety-muthaflipping-six.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cocking utensil. All that time and he goes at ninety-muthaflipping-six.
Well, there's no one left that I have even heard of, let alone actually seen play. Let's shake things up.

Melbourne have picked up the best ruck and small forward prospects in the draft. Both areas of dire need for the future. But what about now?

If you were to describe the Dees backline in one word, it would be 'panicked'. With that in mind I'm going to go for mature ager: Leigh Masters.

Leigh is a 27 year old mid-sized half back flanker, who won Williamstown's B&F in the VFL this year.

He is a strong, smooth, intercept marking defender that can slide up to the wing and HFF with no trouble at all. The defensive general behind Williamstown's grand final appearance this year.

The thing that stands out about Leigh is his composure. He is Dan Houston-level cool. He never makes a mistake. Punches when it needs to be punched. Marks when it needs to be marked. Picks the right option at the right time and opens up the play. The anti-Pittard.

The guy deserves a go. Way more than Frost, Oscar McDonal or either of the Wagner's.

Really? 😭 Dad and I watch Willy play most weeks. He's my favorite player.

I just saw a headline from the Hun (paywall boo).

Given the chances of selecting the same player at this point are virtually nil I might jump over the top with West Coast’s pick while I can.

West Coast select Oliver Grivell, a medium defender from Sturt. He didn’t get much of a run at the championships because SA had 2 genuine tall defenders + Gould and Day but there is enough to like about Grivell. His main attribute is his strong hands and the hope would be that he becomes an intercept marking third tall at AFL level.

Ford Fairlane Collingwood are next.

Struggling at this point. I would have liked to get one of the young key defenders as cover for Darcy Moore's hamstrings.

Collingwood pick Chad Pearson, 193cm 89kg 21yo key defender from South Freo. Gets a fair bit of the footy and uses it well.

I will pass on Collingwood's last pick, look to get a DFA. Maybe lure Michael Hartley back to the Lexus Centre.

Janus Geelong

St Kilda select Ronin O'Connor! 192cm/83kg Inside Mid.

Captain of Claremont’s WAFL Colts winning premiership team, O’Connor is a bull on the inside and thrives on the contested ball and clearances. He is a consistent player throughout games and earned a call up to the Tigers’ Reserves side late in the year. Can play off half-back as well as through the middle and is that prototype midfelder with the 192cm and 83kg frame and readymade for senior football.

Geelong select Ben Kelly, 203 cm/100kg ruck/defender from Murray Bushrangers.

Ready made ruck prospect for Geelong that can play this year and actually help them win a flag against the bigger rucks that always seem to trouble them. I'm not expecting miracles from him at all and there are better project rucks available, but Geelong is in the window now and their ruck stocks aren't going to cut it for the entire year. Lock him away doing lots of running in the preseason, and unleash him in the back half of the year. Absolutely worth a two year deal while Selwood, Dangerfield and Ablett are still kicking around.

Sleezy

Cheers Janus.

At this point in the draft, I expect Melbourne to pass so they can keep a spot free for Bennell.

I'll do something slightly different. I'm going to pick up a mature age indigenous player: Jaylon Thorpe.

Thorpe is raw. Raw X Factor.

Plucked from the ammos last year to hold down full forward for Williamstown in the VFL this year, Thorpe is an excitement machine. Pace, skill, takes a hanger every week.

He took Hartley & Hooker to the absolute cleaners, a week after Hartley held Dixon very well in the AFL.

But he has two big weaknesses:
- Conditioning
- Confidence

Coming from the ammos, he lacks fitness and it shows in all aspects of his game. He needs a Burgo to get his tank up, and build up his core so he can execute the skills he has throughout the game.

It also impacts his confidence. Many times, particularly late in games you'll see him almost go but hold back. He knows he can take them on and win, but holds back in case he stuffs it up.

He needs a Cahill to tell him he is the best player in the team. If he gets fit, and believes it, he will be.

Love him. Hope he gets a shot.

For the Dockers:

B: G. Logue, J. Hamling, L. Ryan
HB: L. Ash, A. Pearce, N. Wilson
C: D. Stephens, C. Blakely, S. Hill
HF: B. Acres, J. Hogan, D. Mundy
F: B. Sokol, M. Taberner, B. Matera
R: R. Lobb, N. Fyfe, M. Walters
INT: A. Brayshaw, A. Cerra, D. Tucker, J. Aish
EMG: S. Darcy, R. Conca, B. Cox, T. Rivers

Ash and Sokol freeing up Walters and Blakely to do some damage in the middle Pity I couldn't get Henry at 22 instead of Rivers, if I'd gotten him he'd push out Sokol or Matera. I guess we'll see where the bid comes for him in the real world.

some of those new players could add to Freo's list …

Remove this Banner Ad

Back