Sleezy

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
yes I will match the bid ...
Bugger.

Well in that case, Pick #4 - Luke Jackson.

Rationale:
Melbourne's ruck depth includes Max Gawn (29) and Brayden Pruest (Very Large Potato).

The next tallest players on their list are Harrison Petty (Future PAFC small forward), Tom McDonald (Very confused defender), Oscar McDonald (Slightly smaller potato) and Adam Tomlinson (Wingman/Soggy Biscuit).

No matter how much shitter Mr Goodstuff makes them, the Dees have traded next year's first for this year's magic beans. They won't get access to Thilthorpe next year, so Jackson is a must this year.

Plus, apparently he plays like a 199cm inside mid. Perfect!

yes I will match the bid …

with the 20% (if I am not mistaken) that means I need to find 1787pts so the matching bids are

with picks 6 (1751) + 60 (146) = 1897 pts

(110 points over the match)

so that puts my pick 60 back to pick 63 (ish)

next team …….

GWS next pick in the draft after 6 is 40. It's the next pick you have to use.

So it would be 6 (1751) + 40 (429) to match 1787.2 points. 40 (429) would become 43 (because the 392.8 points left over is less than 42 (395) and higher than 43 (378).

Nihilus

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
GWS next pick in the draft after 6 is 40. It's the next pick you have to use.

So it would be 6 (1751) + 40 (429) to match 1787.2 points. 40 (429) would become 43 (because the 392.8 points left over is less than 42 (395) and higher than 43 (378).

I stand corrected

I see benblinkau hasn't been active since Monday morning.

If he hasn't made his selection by Friday morning I will make Adelaide's pick.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I see benblinkau hasn't been active since Monday morning.

If he hasn't made his selection by Friday morning I will make Adelaide's pick.

ill keep an eye on this thread so there shouldn’t be much Of a wait for me to make Sydney’s pick after the crows pick, but won’t likely be until 1:30 when I’m at lunch so happy for you to give him until 1:15pm as a deadline.

Thanks philthy05

It has been 15 hours so I will put in a pick for Adelaide now. If benblinkau logs on before you pick, then my pick can be replaced.

Adelaide selects Sam Flanders at pick 5. 182cm 82kg forward midfielder from Vic Country.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well I was waiting for benblink to come on hoping he would take someone else.
Flanders is who I would have picked for them. They need a genuine centre square player and Flanders would be perfect.
Now I’m in a quandary. Ash, young, kemp and serong would all be great pickups for them as would Stephens but I have him as a lower priority for them. There’s no wrong choice out of that group.

im going to select young. He’s such a safe pick to become an afl player. As much as he is known for his ball use from the back half he isn’t just a guy zoning off, he’s a genuinely excellent tight defender who loves to make body contact with players. There’s talk of him being a mid, I don’t really care. He’s good enough to influence games from the backline. His ability to rack up 25-29 touches playing as a lockdown defender is extraordinary

his kicking is well known. Not just the penetration and length but willingness to open up a game. He will fit right in at Sydney.

Sydney- pick 6 - Hayden Young

Schulzenfest up next for Freo

Having a look at the Dockers' list, particularly after losing Brad Hill and Langdon, I'm gonna reach a bit here and go for Dylan Stephens. That running power fills what has become a desperate need for the Dockers, and given that Stephens has already voluntarily moved states for his football I see him as being less susceptible to the go home factor than the Vic boys like Ash, Serong and Kemp who are the others I considered to be around the mark at this pick.

Sleezy, you're up for the Demons.

Sleezy

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Having a look at the Dockers' list, particularly after losing Brad Hill and Langdon, I'm gonna reach a bit here and go for Dylan Stephens. That running power fills what has become a desperate need for the Dockers, and given that Stephens has already voluntarily moved states for his football I see him as being less susceptible to the go home factor than the Vic boys like Ash, Serong and Kemp who are the others I considered to be around the mark at this pick.

Sleezy, you're up for the Demons.
Ah utensil.

Sleezy

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ah utensil.
Well there go my grand plans of the only ruckman and whichever of Stephens & Young lasted to 8.

If I was to go full Goodwin:
- a pacy backman with a penchant for the bombscares?
- an injured power athlete that doesn't know if he's a forward or a mid (and possibly neither)? No, not you Mr Petracca...
- The next Robbie Gray, but 5cm shorter and not as good up forward or in midfield?

Nah - I bid on Liam Henry. Do you match, Schulzenfest ?

Well there go my grand plans of the only ruckman and whichever of Stephens & Young lasted to 8.

If I was to go full Goodwin:
- a pacy backman with a penchant for the bombscares?
- an injured power athlete that doesn't know if he's a forward or a mid (and possibly neither)? No, not you Mr Petracca...
- The next Robbie Gray, but 5cm shorter and not as good up forward or in midfield?

Nah - I bid on Liam Henry. Do you match, Schulzenfest ?

Is this revenge for me taking Stephens the pick before you?

If this was the real draft, this is where I'd be trying to frantically work a pick swap, but as it is there are three players on the board who I rate higher than Henry, so no I don't match. He's all yours.

Sleezy

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

If this was the real draft, this is where I'd be trying to frantically work a pick swap, but as it is there are three players on the board who I rate higher than Henry, so no I don't match. He's all yours.
Not revenge. I'm not sold on any of Ash, Kemp or Serong. My next in line would have been Robertson, but Melbourne don't need him.

Melbourne's forwardline is pus, and Henry is the best forward in the draft behind Anderson.

I'd much prefer Henry to flipping Weightman.

Sleezy

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

That said, they could have split 8 into like 18 + 25 and gotten Sharp & Taylor, which would have been a better outcome IMO.

This has thrown up some interesting results. Good work!

I'd be pretty happy if the real draft shakes out like this, one of Serong or Kemp to Port at 12 would be a great result.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wow.

Again I’m really torn.

I see hawthorn as needing quality height. They need kpp, and mcasey is a fine prospect, but they really need some height around the ground too. So kemp seems a natural fit. He would be a great choice.

But I can’t go past Caleb Serong.

He is far too good a footballer to be left on the board now. I strongly considered him for Sydney’s pick 5.
He has the kind of aggression and hunger that you commonly see in hall of fame players in any sporting code.

He will become a fan, and possibly league favourite for his play, and for Nba fans has the giannis / Russell Westbrook stank face half the game.

he will attack the ball, then again, then again. When I first saw him in last years champs as an underager I didn’t know who he was but the commentators said his name so much it was laughable. He just gets that involved in contests.

the next step at afl level is to make him more than an impact around the contest player and make him into a runner so he can get to as many contests as possible, because that’s where you want him.

Hawthorn - pick 11 - Caleb Serong

Back