Prediction Port Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

This phantom is actually halfway decent compared to Carlton's where apparently we will pick Luke Jackson with Pick 12 and leave Caleb Serong on the board for the Bulldogs :oops:

And they will be enough to fill all available spots?

We are already upgrading Ladhams and Lienert, so you can take out two of those picks for them.

We have 4 actual selections - 12 and 18 are definite, and either 29, 66 or 67 depending on where the bid comes for Mead.

This phantom is actually halfway decent compared to Carlton's where apparently we will pick Luke Jackson with Pick 12 and leave Caleb Serong on the board for the Bulldogs :oops:

Nothing against Jackson, but another young ruck is literally the last thing we need right now.

Nothing against Jackson, but another young ruck is literally the last thing we need right now.

It gets better - apparently on the Essendon board, we trade our first pick to Richmond...so instead of picking up Dylan Stephens for Pick 14 (nominally 12) we get Jeremy Sharp with Pick 20 (nominally 18), Miles Bergman with Pick 24, are forced to match a bid for Mead with Pick 26 (that we got in the trade for 14 with Richmond) and use 29 on Taheny.

Why the * would we trade Dylan Stephens for 24 and 26?

Thanks guys, I’ve picked ok for you.

there is no way on earth that we would let the cows get Jackson Mead ….. (as mentioned on Freo's board)

that would be like allowing West Coast get either of Pavlich & Fyfe (future son)

and our first pick wont be Gould even if Kemp, Stephens, and Mc Asey has gone

and our 2nd pick wont be Will Day ..

From what I've seen of other phantoms people lose their minds with pick trading so was happy to go without here.

It is interesting to see the way players fall in a set draft.

Lol one thing I've realised is that I didn't play because I didn't think my knowledge would be good enough. From the results of the Essendon and Carlton drafts, clearly I shouldn't have worried.
Yeah its just a bit of fun

EskimoPAFC I’m picking Carlton and North but havent done a North pick yet, you want to take their picks over?

Last edited:
Lol one thing I've realised is that I didn't play because I didn't think my knowledge would be good enough. From the results of the Essendon and Carlton drafts, clearly I shouldn't have worried.
Yep, was just an opportunity to take pot shots at the Dees list management.

Now I'm hiding my time until pick 97. I have some gems lined up.

Yep, was just an opportunity to take pot shots at the Dees list management.

Now I'm hiding my time until pick 97. I have some gems lined up.

He was in my top 10. Can't believe he lasted until 97.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aren't they both already signed pre-draft with Gold Coast as part of the assistance package? That would make them irrelevant to this exercise.

What’s our plan with Budarick and Rosas? Gold Coast pre-listed, or bid and match (without using points)?

Ford Fairlane Nihilus

Malcolm Rosas
draft projection is listed as NA …
he was listed, prior to the draft as a priority pick because he is from Darwin (Northern Territory - Allies) ..
he is part of the assistance package

Connor Budarick
draft projection is listed as NA …
Budarick is the 2nd player to sign with the club since the AFL recently awarded the club the oppotunity to pre sign players from its academy region
following the announcement re Malcolm Rosas

Well, Jonts has solved the problem I was going to have by picking Gould, so it's time switch tack.

With the 17th pick in the 2019 AFL Draft, Geelong select Miles Bergman, 189cm general forward from Sandringham Dragons.

This guy has the potential to be literally anything, but where I see him fitting in is the high forward position before gradually moving into the midfield - tall, x-factor, can run all day and has both elite speed and leap with a strong mark overhead. Bergman is one of those players where whoever picks him the fans will most likely wish they picked someone else who is more eye catching that is left on the draft board, but in a few years time people will be wondering why he didn't go earlier.

When I look at Bergman, I see a kid who is undervalued based on the fact that he's been injured the past two years, and he would be right up there in the top echelon if he hadn't been. I kind of hope Geelong doesn't take him here so Port can get him at 18, but I'm not picking for Port. Actually, Bergman reminds me of someone else who was undervalued during his draft year...this was his report at the time:

Very smooth natural forward player with very good-uncanny goal sense and play reading ability - can play in a pocket as a 3rd tall marking target or in a ball winning, roaming high HFF roaming role - has some flair/X-factor about him, can get ball to boot quickly and capable of slotting them from most angles inside 50m and also capable of bringing teammates into the game

Good leap - at a couple of cm reach advantage for his height

Strong OH mark for his size

Neat field kick over short-medium range

Good recovery from marking contests – follows up quickly at ground level

Very good running capacity

This was the draft report for Nathan Fyfe.

Last edited:
If Port end up with Brodie Kemp and Deven Robertson out of this draft, it'd almost make the otherwise ridiculous Howard trade worth it. Unfortunately I can't see us being that lucky in the real world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back