Competitions Port board tipping 2018 - New venue! Same Prizes!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to see a point for an underdog tip, a team tipped by less than 30%. At the moment I've got it right on a longshot seven times but all I get is a badge with some kind of dog on my achievements page. It's not even one of the cartoon superhero.

upload_2018-7-29_14-25-19.jpeg

Got 6 wins, 4 margin points and a bonus point in Port forum. Moved up to 2nd and 4 points off the lead in Port forum, 4th and 7.17 off the leadin Port Adelaide fans and 20th in overall tipping. That hasn't been fully updated so I don't know where I am with that but probably about 10 behind.

Tipped Melbourne to win by 57. When they led by 47 at quarter time I thought I'll have to be satisfied with 1 point from this game. I didn't expect that at the 19-minute mark of the third quarter I'd still be holding a margin point, although with the Suns last quarter record that may only be temporary.

With 44 seconds left the Bombers were 42 points up and Jake Stringer had an easy shot running towards goal and kicked a point for Essendon to lead by 43, the final margin. I had Essendon by 47 and would have got the bonus point in the Port forum league if they'd won by 48. Still got 1.5 and made up a bit of distance on the lead.

Only got 6.5, missed out on some margin points and the Hawthorn and Port games so I thought I'd drop but kept my position in Port BF and Port Adelaide fans and went up 2 in BF overall. Further behind the leaders though. Taylor Walker did me no favors by getting the cows deficit back to 14 and giving Andre a bonus point. I also missed out on a bonus point on the last kick on Essendon's game. Mathematically I'm still within reach in all leagues. In reality I only have a chance of winning the Port BF where I'm 4.5 off the lead. Here's hoping that I don't have a "Sunday, Bloody Sunday".

EDIT : Sunday wasn't great for me. Although it looks like most people didn't do too well. I got 1.5 points from 3 games, not as bad as my round 17 Sunday where I was 100% after Saturday and then crashed and burnt with nothing, not even a margin point.

Last edited:
Of course the year I tip the most correct games is the year we switch to a new system.

312.jpg

Of course the year I tip the most correct games is the year we switch to a new system.

312.jpg

Yes, the extra .5 for a margin within 15 is ludicrous. Especially when the reward for getting the exact margin is .25-1 and a correct tip is 1. And the most ridiculous is the 3 points GSP. There were some of us stayed close to the lead without this but eventually lost out to tipsters with 3 or 4 GSP's. What made them most ridiculous is that with 2 straight kicks I could have had 2 GSP's instead of 0, and the tipping competition is down to pure luck.
At the start of the year a lot of people gave the organizer of this shemozzle feedback that we didn't like it and were assured ours would be a proper tipping contest, something which never eventuated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, the extra .5 for a margin within 15 is ludicrous. Especially when the reward for getting the exact margin is .25-1 and a correct tip is 1. And the most ridiculous is the 3 points GSP. There were some of us stayed close to the lead without this but eventually lost out to tipsters with 3 or 4 GSP's. What made them most ridiculous is that with 2 straight kicks I could have had 2 GSP's instead of 0, and the tipping competition is down to pure luck.
At the start of the year a lot of people gave the organizer of this shemozzle feedback that we didn't like it and were assured ours would be a proper tipping contest, something which never eventuated.

I only entered for fun but seems pretty pointless that someone can finish in front of you and yet picked 4 or 5 less winners.......

Finished the year 2nd and 3.5 points off the lead in Port BF tipping, 7th and 10.42 behind in Port Adelaide fans and 31st and 11 behind overall. Not 100% sure on how far I was behind overall as it hasn't been fully updated but it should be around 11. Not bad for a first try but could have been better, I didn't pick up quickly enough that Richmond would win everything at the MCG and I tipped for Port too much with the heart.

I must have forgotten to enter a pick at some time during the season as I didn't get an "attendance" badge. No problem with the badge as it's not worth anything but I may have missed out on some points, unless the default pick I would have got won.

Looks like there must be a lot of people who don't realize tipping goes on into the finals. I've done really badly in the first two weeks and forgot to tip the Melbourne match and I've fallen but I haven't dropped out of sight. I'm down to 10th in Port fans, 48th overall but still second in the Port BF forum by .08. The tipsters just below me must be forgetting their tips too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back