Competitions Port board tipping 2018 - New venue! Same Prizes!

Remove this Banner Ad

So far there have been three upsets according to SuperBru or games won by teams tipped by less than 30% of tipsters. North Melbourne was tipped by 16%, Freo by 29% and Port by 12%. West Coast was tipped by 48% and Gold Coast by 36%. Hawthorn, who are leading early in the first quarter have been tipped by 24%.

Didn't get the win point for the Geelong/Hawthorn match but was within 15 so got a margin point. Even though I got the tip wrong some people above me got the tip wrong and were well off with the margin so I moved up 1 for Port Adelaide fans and up 2 overall.

I got 1 tip right and a margin point for the Hawthorn/Geelong game!!:oops: So as it turns out im 24th in the Port group, 66th in the BF group and still 1st in the FJGD board group. Dunno what was going on earlier when it said I was last or almost last in all the groups :huh:
What's FJGD? I've got to 5th in both BF groups but I'm not sure where I am with portadelaidefc. It says 63 but when I look at the rankings list there are people ranked in the 20s and 30s with the same no of tips as me and more margin. But there are also people mixed among them who should be in the top 10.
Getting the tips right was pretty much a matter of luck this week and trusting the strength of your convictions. I nearly changed to Sydney but I also nearly changed to Freo so one offset the other. Should have trusted Hawthorn even though they only won by one point, but it's that reason it's always difficult to go against Geelong. However much they look like they will lose they manage to be challenging for the win right to the end.
It was a much tougher round this week. Whereas the percentages of people getting win points and margin points last week were 92 and 79, this week they were 69 and 37. And as expected no-one got a GSP this week. The top 4 tipsters in both have a GSP but there are now about 6 tipsters on the top 20 who don't have a GSP.

What's FJGD? I've got to 5th in both BF groups but I'm not sure where I am with portadelaidefc. It says 63 but when I look at the rankings list there are people ranked in the 20s and 30s with the same no of tips as me and more margin. But there are also people mixed among them who should be in the top 10.
Getting the tips right was pretty much a matter of luck this week and trusting the strength of your convictions. I nearly changed to Sydney but I also nearly changed to Freo so one offset the other. Should have trusted Hawthorn even though they only won by one point, but it's that reason it's always difficult to go against Geelong. However much they look like they will lose they manage to be challenging for the win right to the end.
It was a much tougher round this week. Whereas the percentages of people getting win points and margin points last week were 92 and 79, this week they were 69 and 37. And as expected no-one got a GSP this week. The top 4 tipsters in both have a GSP but there are now about 6 tipsters on the top 20 who don't have a GSP.
Footy Jumpers and Graphic Design board. Yeh it was a tough one this week. The only one I had right was GWS on Saturady arvo, so I changed my tip from Melbourne to Brisbane and tipped Sydney and the Bulldogs for Sunday but to now avail. Ah well see what happens in round 3 I guess.

At the end of round 2 I am 5th in Port Adelaide fans, 5th BF overall, 28th globally and 22nd nationally. If BF did not award a GSP I would be 1st, 1st, 2nd and 1st respectively or if Max Gawn had kicked straight at the end of the Geelong game I would be top in all of them.

A new pool has started up, one that is exclusive to the BigFooty Port Adelaide board. There are only 27 people in it and it seems to have just come out of nowhere, I have certainly only been a member of the Port Adelaide fans and BF tipping pools and made no attempt to join any new pool. They have 175 and 778 people in them while this has 27. The other difference is that scores from the new pool do not have bonus points - they are all DNQ - did not qualify as player entered the pool after the game started.

A new pool has started up, one that is exclusive to the BigFooty Port Adelaide board. There are only 27 people in it and it seems to have just come out of nowhere, I have certainly only been a member of the Port Adelaide fans and BF tipping pools and made no attempt to join any new pool. They have 175 and 778 people in them while this has 27. The other difference is that scores from the new pool do not have bonus points - they are all DNQ - did not qualify as player entered the pool after the game started.

Looks like the one Chief mentioned previously he would be setting up. The other Port Adelaide one is everyone who identified as a supporter on Superbru, I guess this one is just BigFooty people from the Port board who have linked their Superbru and Bigfooty profiles.

You can now join the Port Adelaide Forum comp for honour and a shiny medal.

We've put the names we already know in the comp - you should see the pool if you've been placed in it.

If not: Join the Port Adelaide Forum pool here.
https://www.superbru.com/afltipping/pool.php?p=11830788

WTF how am I doing so well I got 5/9 on the weekend.
You lot must suck.

No-one did well. First week 92% of tips were correct, this week it was only 69%. A few tipsters managed to get 8/9, one of them even got 8/9 and missed out on one you would have expected, Melbourne v Brisbane. But you've got to go that way sometimes and trust to your convictions. I only got 6 but you've also got to remember margin points can give you a boost too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No-one did well. First week 92% of tips were correct, this week it was only 69%. A few tipsters managed to get 8/9, one of them even got 8/9 and missed out on one you would have expected, Melbourne v Brisbane. But you've got to go that way sometimes and trust to your convictions. I only got 6 but you've also got to remember margin points can give you a boost too.
Second place to you at present. Damn only 5 out of 9 after a clean 9 round 1. Hopefully a bounce back, rather than trending down to 1 :eek:

This would have to be the worst tipping comp i have ever seen,so you could win it even though you have less tips right than the next person but gain more bonus points ect. What a load of wank...My bigfooty tipping has just ended.

This would have to be the worst tipping comp i have ever seen,so you could win it even though you have less tips right than the next person but gain more bonus points ect. What a load of wank...My bigfooty tipping has just ended.

Tend to agree - I actually enjoyed the old just our board and those with the most tips win.
This seems to be aimed more at people who bet on margins and look at stats more - way too complicated for just a bit of fun.

I agree, I had more tips than plenty of people by the end of round 2, sometimes 2 more but I was still trailing by 2 as I missed out on the first round GSP of 3 points. Margin points, bonus points and GSP's are all very well but they should only be tie-breakers. Except maybe the extra points for a nominated game. The thing I find really difficult to understand is that a margin point is .5, and it is relatively easy as you have a 30-point window. While the bonus point is only for the best, often exact margin and is a fraction of 1 to a minimum of .25.

At the end of the year, most tips wins. Then tie breaks with margin points.

The win point is pretty much signed, sealed and delivered for the Collingwood win but I tipped a margin of 36 so the margin point seems out of the window. Especially with the way Carlton played in that quarter. If they don't lose by 60+ points I'd be very surprised.
I've tipped a margin of 48 on prtadelaidefc but I think even that will be well short of the final margin.

The end of the game is costing me. First Max Gawn's final 20 seconds miss means I don't get a GSP and a win, now Carlton's last two goals means the players who started above me(by less than .5) get a margin point and stay above me.

6/6 correct this round. 5 within 15 points and I got an extra .5 for Sydney for being one of two closest. I'm 1st in every pool I'm in, BF Port forum, BF Port Adelaide fans and BF overall. The global and national pools haven't been updated yet but I was 18th and 12th and I'll be higher once they're updated.
Sorry to blow my own trumpet but I lead very few tipping contests. In fact the last I won was in 1981.

Went for Hawthorn but that blew up in my face. If the Bulldogs beat Essendon I'll be 0/2 for Sunday. But missing out on the Bulldogs won't be too bad as most of the leaders probably will as well. If I get West Coast right then it obviously wouldn't be the round I wanted but I should have maintained the status quo. At the moment I've been overtaken in the Port Adelaide Fans and BigFooty.com pools by AusHorrorStory who got a win point, a margin point and a 0.5 bonus point to my nil.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back