Competitions Port board tipping 2018 - New venue! Same Prizes!

Remove this Banner Ad

Not bad for that round. After 6/6 by Saturday night I was flying but then I tried to fly under the radar with Hawthorn and was hoist with my own petard. Bulldogs did me no favors although most of the leaders missed them anyway. The last one I had was West Coast and they gave me a sight of 0/3 on Sunday before coming home with a wet sail. So not a great Sunday but didn't drop. I thought for a while I may move from 3 to 1 in the global rankings as the three blokes above me hadn't scored in the last three games while I got 1.5. But three blokes got all 9 right somehow, one of them moved up 476 places to take top spot.
The best tipsters on BF have 21 tips correct, their scores are higher due to the margin points etc.
There are a few tipsters on the portadelaidefc tipping who have 23 correct.

Barely anyone moved up or down after that game. Only 2 out of 175 Port fans tipped it. They were lucky too get the bonus point as they both tipped 12 and if Collingwood had won by 53 or more, and they did lead by 52 at one point, they would have been outside the 40 limit to get a bonus point. Only 4% of tipsters were correct, well 2/175 is 3.5% but it gets rounded up.
The overall SuperBru and global and national boards have not been updated yet, there will be a few more people tipped Collingwood but it could still be below 10%.
There were a few more who tipped Collingwood on the Port Adelaide website.

Seven-of-Nine.jpg

How is it... I have different amount of points in each pool
.... when my tips are the same
I noticed that with mine, it is the bonus points. For instance, if you tip team x to win by 17 points and they win by 19 points, you won't get a bonus point in the 782 strong main tipping as some people will have 19 points exactly. Even if you get it exact you may only get .25. But on the BF posters tipping(30 tipsters) you may be the only tipster within 2 points and will get the full bonus point.
And the global and Australian don't record bonus points.
Lost some ground there, I shouldn't go against my gut which I did with both Port and Melbourne.

tribey you were ahead of me and then you weren't. What game did you get wrong today?

I tipped Melbourne (and Port) for some reason.

Was 3 points off the Geelong margin if that matters.

The scoring system confuses me.

I tipped Melbourne (and Port) for some reason.
Was 3 points off the Geelong margin if that matters.
The scoring system confuses me.

Same here - but I tipped Geelong by 48. Didn't get the bonus point for closest on the BF main board tipping as someone tipped 47 but I got .5 bonus on the Port Adelaide fans as one of two closest on that board. Looks like more people than you'd expect went for Port and Melbourne as the 1-2 result for Sunday hasn't affected my position as much as I would have expected.

I noticed that with mine, it is the bonus points. For instance, if you tip team x to win by 17 points and they win by 19 points, you won't get a bonus point in the 782 strong main tipping as some people will have 19 points exactly. Even if you get it exact you may only get .25. But on the BF posters tipping(30 tipsters) you may be the only tipster within 2 points and will get the full bonus point.
And the global and Australian don't record bonus points.
Lost some ground there, I shouldn't go against my gut which I did with both Port and Melbourne.
That explains it then. I’m 2nd of 30 behind you amongst Port BF tippers, yet ahead amongst Bigfooty in general.

I’m usually not near top of tipping comps, so I’m expecting a LOL Ports performance at some point. :p

Crows have really thrown the tipsters off for the last two rounds. When Collingwood beat them at home 5% of tipsters got it right. Now when they beat Sydney at the SCG only 4% get it right. Might have been a few more who would have gone for the Crows if Betts and Sloane hadn't been out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows have really thrown the tipsters off for the last two rounds. When Collingwood beat them at home 5% of tipsters got it right. Now when they beat Sydney at the SCG only 4% get it right. Might have been a few more who would have gone for the Crows if Betts and Sloane hadn't been out.
If its like last weekend when I got the Crows vs Pies wrong then got 8/8 I can deal with that.

Despite my recent appalling tipping I am still 1st in Port BF, 3rd in Port Adelaide fans and 6th in BF overall. I nearly had a heart attack when I checked and I was 24th, 134th and 526th but that was SuperBru playing silly buggers as it updated the settings. Hope the Lions (15 down 2 minutes into the last quarter) win or I will have started this round with a 2/7 record.

Despite my recent appalling tipping I am still 1st in Port BF, 3rd in Port Adelaide fans and 6th in BF overall. I nearly had a heart attack when I checked and I was 24th, 134th and 526th but that was SuperBru playing silly buggers as it updated the settings. Hope the Lions (15 down 2 minutes into the last quarter) win or I will have started this round with a 2/7 record.
The Lions screwed you. I took Suns, so somehow holding out 1st across the three at present, despite a cluster* of tipping this round. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Melbourne and Essendon win by a 100 this round.

Have gone down from 2 to 3 in global (of 7225) and Australian though (of 4181).

Gone down to 2nd Port BF, 4th Port Adelaide fans, 9th BF overall, 56th globally, 44th nationally. Doesn't take much to do that, couple of bad choices and going against my gut to tip Port has caused a pretty huge drop. But I'm well within striking distance, just need to hope the Tuesday and Anzac day games come out in favor of me.

Gone down to 2nd Port BF, 4th Port Adelaide fans, 9th BF overall, 56th globally, 44th nationally. Doesn't take much to do that, couple of bad choices and going against my gut to tip Port has caused a pretty huge drop. But I'm well within striking distance, just need to hope the Tuesday and Anzac day games come out in favor of me.
I’ve gone Richmond and Collingwood. Though not locked, in case of late outs for the Anzac Day game.

Slight improvement, I'm 2nd Port BF, 4th Port Adelaide fans and 4th BF overall. Global and national haven't been updated yet. Got both games on Tuesday and Wednesday right but was well out in the margins so no margin points. In fact no margin points at all for that round, just 4 correct. I've scored a wooden spoon for this round as the worst tipster for Port BF.

Slight improvement, I'm 2nd Port BF, 4th Port Adelaide fans and 4th BF overall. Global and national haven't been updated yet. Got both games on Tuesday and Wednesday right but was well out in the margins so no margin points. In fact no margin points at all for that round, just 4 correct. I've scored a wooden spoon for this round as the worst tipster for Port BF.
Globals and National now updated. Bloody Crows fan in first place. :mad:

Got the Bulldogs by 32 in BF tipping and Bulldogs by 27 on the club website. With them 24 points up 7 minutes into the last quarter both tips should be OK. So long as the margin doesn't get past 47 points I'll get my margin point with BF tipping.

57% of tipsters expected North to win. Geelong are not doing the right thing by me as a Buddy-less Sydney takes the lead in the last at the Cattery. I had Port by 22 so with a 37 point lead at 3/4 time I have a win point and a margin point there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back