Competitions Port board tipping 2018 - New venue! Same Prizes!

Remove this Banner Ad

I tipped them by 14. Superbru has ‘the community as 1 point Freo’. Hopefully lots of the BigFooty overall took Carlton.

78% of all tipsters went for Freo.
At the moment only 1 of the Port forum tipsters took Carlton. The closest to the margin is 24 and as Freo are already 70 up at half time the bonus point seems lost.
In the Port Adelaide fans 30 went for Carlton and the closest margin is 45, only need to extend the lead by 16 to lose the bonus point there.
156 of the 777 BF overall tipsters went for Carlton, including a tipster called FreoDocker. A slightly higher margin of 56 there. That tipster's actually got a margin point but I would think that and possibly the bonus point will go soon.

Levi Casboult's goal for Carlton took the Freo lead to 54 and restored the bonus point to tribey. A few more scores and their final losing margin is 57. No margin point in Port forum tipsters as no-one was within 15. Only a few margin points in the other pools and one of the tipsters was actually within 1.

My portadelaidefc tip was for Gold Coast, I thought I'd gone for St Kilda as I had with SuperBru. Although I'm not all that bothered about what I do there.

Got 4/4 right now and waiting on Hawthorn for 5/5. Although that won't be clear for a while. After that I'm still not clear on Richmond v Geelong. Richmond have won their last 15 at the MCG but streaks always have to come to an end and Geelong have improved in their past few games. Richmond weren't all that good against us, especially Caddy who's been doing well for them. But Geelong also does not have the defence we do ad won't have a ruck dominance. And Martin is back of course.

Got 5/5 tips right so far but I've dropped from 12 to 14 in the BF overall tipping as I've only got one bonus point. If Richmond win tomorrow I have 6/6. Not sure if you get a GSP during the bye rounds but even if I do I won't get any closer to number 1 as the leader has 5/5 and will have tipped Richmond(he supports them).

That miss by Max Gawn against Geelong in the first round continues to haunt me. Had he got that I would have 4 more points and would possibly (too many tipsters to check to be sure) be 1st in all pools. Maybe not global and national although I definitely would be close to the top in those. Still time to claw my way back up but it doesn't look like I'll be able to do it here. I've got St Kilda where Andre went for Gold Coast but he got the margin point so I only made up .5 there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappeared without trace after missing out on the GSP by taking Geelong. Giving the GSP during the bye rounds is insane as you'll often have a round where most of the tips pick themselves and the ones who get a leg-up are just lucky.
And a lot of tipsters who are tipping just as well as the leaders suddenly go right down the board.

Disappeared without trace after missing out on the GSP by taking Geelong. Giving the GSP during the bye rounds is insane as you'll often have a round where most of the tips pick themselves and the ones who get a leg-up are just lucky.
And a lot of tipsters who are tipping just as well as the leaders suddenly go right down the board.

I don't think the GSPs should exist at all, or at least they shouldn't be scaled so generously.

I don't think the GSPs should exist at all, or at least they shouldn't be scaled so generously.

At the moment I'm 2nd in Port BF, 5th in Port fans, 24th BF overall and about 150th in global and national. If I hadn't been ill yesterday I would have gone to the Maggies game and wouldn't have been able to change my Richmond tip to Geelong just before the game. If Max Gawn had kicked straight in the last minute against Geelong. Had those two things happened I would have an extra 6 points and the BF leader would have 3 less and I'd probably be top in all leagues. Or at least the first 3 and top 10 globally and nationally. With the GSP you've got tipsters who have 2 more than the leader but are 5 places down the board. By the end of the season the leading tipster could be nowhere.
Apart from the GSP having a margin point which is half the win point is totally wrong. Margin points are causing too much change in positions. The best way to use them would be to have margin points used as a tiebreaker or at the worst less than .5.
As I see it, the best system would be to go by win points only with margin points, bonus points, GSP's recorded but used as tiebreakers only along with total margin difference.

At the moment I'm 2nd in Port BF, 5th in Port fans, 24th BF overall and about 150th in global and national. If I hadn't been ill yesterday I would have gone to the Maggies game and wouldn't have been able to change my Richmond tip to Geelong just before the game. If Max Gawn had kicked straight in the last minute against Geelong. Had those two things happened I would have an extra 6 points and the BF leader would have 3 less and I'd probably be top in all leagues. Or at least the first 3 and top 10 globally and nationally. With the GSP you've got tipsters who have 2 more than the leader but are 5 places down the board. By the end of the season the leading tipster could be nowhere.
Apart from the GSP having a margin point which is half the win point is totally wrong. Margin points are causing too much change in positions. The best way to use them would be to have margin points used as a tiebreaker or at the worst less than .5.
As I see it, the best system would be to go by win points only with margin points, bonus points, GSP's recorded but used as tiebreakers only along with total margin difference.
I'd guess they have the GSP and Margin points to keep people interested. If it was just win points, with the rest as tie breakers then you'd get half way into the season and lots would give up as no way to make up the difference.

I've gotten one GSP (and I'd still be 1st in Port BF and Port fans without them), but it's overkill. You've already gotten the extra win point for the last game, over those who didn't get all. Plus potentially a margin point and possibly a bonus point. Having that last correct game count potentially four times seems overkill, when it's worth 3. I think it being 1 extra point as a reward for great tipping is fine, but 3 is too much difference between someone picking 8/8 across two weekends and someone picking 9/7.

I'd guess they have the GSP and Margin points to keep people interested. If it was just win points, with the rest as tie breakers then you'd get half way into the season and lots would give up as no way to make up the difference.

I've gotten one GSP (and I'd still be 1st in Port BF and Port fans without them), but it's overkill. You've already gotten the extra win point for the last game, over those who didn't get all. Plus potentially a margin point and possibly a bonus point. Having that last correct game count potentially four times seems overkill, when it's worth 3. I think it being 1 extra point as a reward for great tipping is fine, but 3 is too much difference between someone picking 8/8 across two weekends and someone picking 9/7.
It really is overkill. I had a check back on the leagues and the points people have and but for those two things I mentioned in my last post, neither of which I had any control over, I would be top in all leagues. A ridiculous outcome for something you want to be based mainly on skill.

Already cashed $290 profit with SB's 24-up too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How are you getting in on that in SA, btw? Do you just need to tell them you live somewhere else?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back