News Port Confirms Coaching Panel for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

obviously the crows struggled to find an assistant to come to them too so made an internal appointment.

I'd say Goldsack has more runs on the board than Hombsch does, having been a senior coach of the SANFL team for a season after a couple seasons as a development coach. With Hombsch rawer with only 1 year as a development coach.

Not sure if Hombsch is the place to turn to for an outside voice.
Yea I agree I'm taking Goldsack over another of Kenny's past players.

Dew and Rutten rejected a line coach role with the crows and wanted to be a senior assistant, which Scott Burns already is.

We don't even have a senior assistant.

Dew and Rutten rejected a line coach role with the crows and wanted to be a senior assistant, which Scott Burns already is.

It's odd, I've seen Josh Carr referred to as the senior assistant by a few journos, but that's not his title on the club website.

The lack of Hamish Hartlett jokes in response to my obvious set up greatly disappoints me.

Rutten as our defensive coach would've been good, but making him senior assistant wouldn't have pleased Carr too much. I think he is unofficially the Senior Assistant and with our history of internal appointments our next senior coach.

Rutten as our defensive coach would've been good, but making him senior assistant wouldn't have pleased Carr too much. I think he is unofficially the Senior Assistant and with our history of internal appointments our next senior coach.
Signing a former senior coach as senior assistant would be beneficial to Carr if he's going to become a head coach in 2 years time.

Then who is our midfield line coach?

Scott Burns is the forwards and senior assistant coach at Adelaide.

I don't think there's a rule that precludes a coach from having two roles.

if a senior assistant is not in charge of a line too, what are they actually doing? The title seems like a bit of a wank, i would've thought the $$ would be the main thing to get an assistant to come here. I wouldn't have been opposed spending more than than the usual on a defensive line coach to get someone like Rutten across.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back