Review Port defeat Carlton - Rd 5, 2021

That was a 12 goal win performance where we only won by 28 points for some reason.

We looked pretty composed, professional performance, hopefully the injuries aren't too serious.

Injuries and pure exhaustion cost us 5 or 6 goals.

Take the win and be happy with the 4 quarter performance

Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I welcome Georgiades as our #1 forward, needs to put on some size but he's almost there, so nice to have someone who knows how to lead and position himself.

I thought Marshall played the Westhoff role well but he needs to clean some of his possessions.

And another one or two injured, just survival mode at this point.

Terrible game of footy. Laughable at times. Walking wounded again. Just happy to take the win and move on.

Georgie is a gun. Robbie has been in lightning form to start the year. Amon was smooth as ever. Allir great down back. Marshall a real exciting performance. DBJ back to his best. Mayes good for his first game of the year. Woodcock as well made sure we didnt miss Butters too much. Drew good as the sub.

Was just a good honest win.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Lots of nice professional performances here. Even when the game was in the balance we played within ourselves, likely sore after last week.

The 3 genuine KPF setup worked an absolute treat. Marshall using his mobility to play the lead up role, they just couldn't go with him through the middle of the ground. Mitch playing closer to goal where he's so dangerous and getting the job done. Charlie having a great game.

I really liked Woodcock's first half, I think he looks harder this year and he did his job before fading out a bit.

Midfield good. Small forwards very good. Defence was great apart from Jonas who I think had an off night, losing a few contests he'd usually win easily.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Marshall and mitchy g are both great and have areas to work on.

Play them both , no more who's better then the other , love them both , carn ports
Yep, 19 disposals, 9 marks and a goal for Todd is a great compliment to Mitch G and Dixon. Outside injuries all 3 should play every game this year, they'll only get better playing as a group.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
That was a 12 goal win performance where we only won by 28 points for some reason.

We looked pretty composed, professional performance, hopefully the injuries aren't too serious.
You could see when we “stopped.” It was somewhat towards the end of Q3.

It wasn’t that we weren’t trying. We weren’t getting it right. We simply couldn’t play anymore. The bodies were no longer responding to the brains. So, we parked the bus to protect the win.

Due these circumstances, I’m ok with it.

Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Good to back up the last one and to guts it out with several knocks during the game.

Wines, Boak, Alir etc were great.

But that game by Amon - he has really become something. Well done to him for working so hard at his game to build into what he has become.

Burton was great behind the ball. The defence stepped up.

Tonight showed to me that it was system more than personnel, which was great.

We seem to hate Carlton and the blues don’t seem to like us either - is this a stevens hangover?

DazzaTys

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Some basic skills such as continual handball to a contest but that was a good gutsy win. Another tough game next week with a side playing for some pride. I’d imagine Hayes, Rockcliff and SPP would be looking at a recall.

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Good to back up the last one and to guts it out with several knocks during the game.

Wines, Boak, Alir etc were great.

But that game by Amon - he has really become something. Well done to him for working so hard at his game to build into what he has become.

Burton was great behind the ball. The defence stepped up.

Tonight showed to me that it was system more than personnel, which was great.

We seem to hate Carlton and the blues don’t seem to like us either - is this a stevens hangover?

Stevens embarrassed both clubs.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Todd Marshall for me is the most exciting thing to come out of tonight. That's the sort of game i've been craving from him. Go on with it son!!!

Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I mean we had two or three goals we probably would've gotten on the rebound if the forward literally wasn't an injured Hamish Hartlett

Back