Rumour Port Fan Allegedly Assaults Dees Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roovolution

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Another incident involving Port fans. At what point does the AFL take action?

I’ve sat in that area at a Showdown and had a Port fan give the entire bay of Crows fans the double finger everytime she walked up and down the race. It went on the whole game but when the Crows won the game she literally bolted away.

Do Port fans need to be educated on how to be good sports?

A64D8896-B63A-4728-B4B3-5845232B2806.jpeg

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
At this time it's just an allegation. On Twitter. 'Nothing was done about it' - well was it seen by officials/authorities, if not was it reported?

And as for your anecdote, a Port fan gave opposition fans the double finger? No way!...I mean sure it's an act of a bogan but I'd hazard a guess well over a thousand fans would do that a week.

Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Los Angeles Clippers
I really hope we never end up like the UK for the EPL with fans cordoned off and separated by fences and given different times to exit the ground.

JS106781243.jpg

Sort the bogan thugs out AFL.
It'd only happen at the Adelaide oval, There for something needs to be done with a certain club

Last edited:

Stan8888

Team Captain
Nov 27, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast

I’ve sat in that area at a Showdown and had a Port fan give the entire bay of Crows fans the double finger everytime she walked up and down the race. It went on the whole game but when the Crows won the game she literally bolted away.

View attachment 516910
Good reporting MW.

_VXV

Jesus Horne-Francis
Oct 12, 2014
etHELLton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

View attachment 516910
Need a hug?

It’s not your fault.

View attachment 516910

Have you got a photo of the actual incident? This photo shows nothing

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Multiple demons fans reported they were punched or shoved just trying to get out of the ground after the loss. That's pretty disgusting stuff.

I get that there are more seats and likely better amenities at the other end where the grand stand is but maybe that end should be for the away cheersquad. The home cheersquad can sit amongst the ferals on the hill.

Farm Boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Multiple demons fans reported they were punched or shoved just trying to get out of the ground after the loss. That's pretty disgusting stuff.

I get that there are more seats and likely better amenities at the other end where the grand stand is but maybe that end should be for the away cheersquad. The home cheersquad can sit amongst the ferals on the hill.

Its South Australia. Nuff said.

MilitaryLC

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2018
On a dirt track.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies

I call bullshit. Im a seated member up that end and have rarely seen an argument let alone multiple assaults.

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Port are the last of the truly feral clubs. Everyone knows it. Is it such a bad thing? Most of the time, probably not

Mate I'll always prefer being with 40,000 bogans calling the umpire a ******* campaigner then 50,000 old ladies passively shouting "Go Rory Go!"

And I'm sure this was reported to the relevant authorities and that you totally aren't making s**t up

Qwerty71

Senior List
Nov 30, 2012
OS
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Old Churchill didn't mind giving the double finger either
upload_2018-6-25_9-55-5.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-25_9-54-6.png
    upload_2018-6-25_9-54-6.png
    186.4 KB · Views: 79

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
It's nearly 20 years ago now but I was there when we beat Port in the 2001 semi final at Football Park in a massive upset after being three goals down. I fully expected beer cans, ferals attacking our bus, etc. What we got was a heap of stunned faces and absolutely no trouble leaving the ground.

One idiot doesn't represent a whole club.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I really hope we never end up like the UK for the EPL with fans cordoned off and separated by fences and given different times to exit the ground.

JS106781243.jpg

That's the SPL, not the EPL. Celtic fans from the looks of things.

I went Port vs Pies and stood on the hill, awesome atmosphere, bogans galore enjoying the footy. Chatted to Port fans on the way out, no issues at all.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker

JS106781243.jpg

While your point is valid, Port fans will go at each other anyway if there's nobody else there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back