Port fans: Nick Stevens

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 2, 2001
Valhalla
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies
If we were to deal with North to get Motlop, would you trade Stevens for Motlop and Pick 17??

I appreciate that you're not especially needing a flashy flanker, but I just thought I'd run it past you.

im not a port fan im a demon but i aint dumb either

that aint a possibility they dont need motlop and the need a top 5 pick i think

melbourne is front runner coz they have pick 5 and 3

we wouldnt give up both for him but pick #3 could make him a dee....if he wants to play for us though :S

only other offer is pick 17 (i think) and heath scotland from collingwood

basically same as the kangaroos offer

anyway how the hell could the roos afford rawlings AND stevens?

yeh but we want him and we need him and they want 2 first round picks so i doubt pick #5 on its own is enough

pick #3 might be enough on its own though

remember the draft aitn as good this year as in others

Originally posted by melbournemartin
yeh but we want him and we need him and they want 2 first round picks so i doubt pick #5 on its own is enough

pick #3 might be enough on its own though

remember the draft aitn as good this year as in others
I'm so very glad you are not on the Demons recruiting team.

we need stevens and are the front runner to get him

if they dont accept pick #5 then we would probably give them pick #3 and keep pick #5

we will have atleast one of the two picks at the end of the day

stevens would be a great asset to us

remember just coz its pick #3 doesnt mean its gunna be a great pick

good players can come l8er

chris tarrant came round 10 rite?

Originally posted by melbournemartin
chris tarrant came round 10 rite?

Chris Tarrant was pick #8 in 1997 draft, I believe.

This year's draft is supposedly very even after the first dozen or so players.

Originally posted by The Clokes
The draft we got Chris Tarrant in was a real strong draft... this one aint

In the '97 draft: Tarrant, Chad Cornes, Nick Stevens, Simon Black, Goodes, Mark Bolton, Perrie, Luke Power, Trent Croad...

I know it may sound bias coming from a Collingwood supporter…but Melbourne don’t need Nick Stevens… they need a tough midfielder who gets the ball and Key Position players… You’ve got plenty of running players… Melbourne have great picks that can solve a lot melbourne’s problems in future time. If i was Melbourne I'd keep them and use them.

yeh this one is a lot weaker

i still think there is no garuntee pick #3 will succeed for us so thats why i think we need to get stevens for #3

thats only if port decline pick 5 but port wont get a better deal that that anyway (besides pick 3) so i think i can safely say melbourne will be stevens home for 2004 and most likely cost us pick 5 and we keep pick 3

reading Stevo's statements I think the race is out of Essendon and Collingwood now....

but I think Essendon have the upper hand to get N Stevens....
Essendon have the likes of Jacobs and Solomon to trade - Collingwood dont :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it may sound bias coming from a Collingwood supporter…but Melbourne don’t need Nick Stevens… they need a tough midfielder who gets the ball and Key Position players… You’ve got plenty of running players… Melbourne have great picks that can solve a lot melbourne’s problems in future time. If i was Melbourne I'd keep them and use them.

I agree. Melbourne's midfield is, in a way, opposite to that of our's. We've got the Johnson's and Peverill who are great in-and-under players, but we need some class outside the packs to finish off the job. Melbourne have quick and skillful outside players, but they need someone in the packs to get it to them. Stevens won't do that for Melbourne. If they keep their picks they can draft accordingly.

reading Stevo's statements I think the race is out of Essendon and Collingwood now....

but I think Essendon have the upper hand to get N Stevens....
Essendon have the likes of Jacobs and Solomon to trade - Collingwood dont :(

I don't think we've got the upper hand, we may not have room under the salary cap.

As for Solomon, if he signs a contract with us he won't be traded. If the bastard wants to leave for more money, then I'll be filthy, but I hope we get a good deal.

where are stevens statements coming from? can u plz give me the link

i think he would rather go to bombers or the pies but melbourne has wat port wants since port cant afford a good player thats stevens same quality

melbourne have draft picks and i think #5 should go to stevens

If Melbourne keep their picks and get two great kids.... which can add to the likes of Jolly, Smith, Bell, Armstrong, Hunter, Johnston,Miller and Thompson.... they would almost follow the steps to being like St Kilda a good side with a good spread of young talent...

who will grow year by year...which would be great for Melbourne

You're both right. We have a weak midfield and need more tough, in-and-under players. Yze, Johnstone, Bruce and Heffernan are all skillful, but we need the gutsy players to help them out. We have Thompson who will be good at that, Rigoni who doesn't get much game time and is getting old and Godfrey and McDonald but despite how much effort they give, they aren't the most gifted players.

Stevens isn't the exact player we are looking for, but I guess after the disappointing year we had, especially in the midfield, our club are looking at any class players who can help lift the engine room. I would prefer getting a quality hard nut, but there aren't many available and Stevens is the best available midfielder in the AFL.

yeh st kilda have the same amount of young players but they are all a class above ours

ours just dont preform

stevens would preform

and for pick #5 when we still have pick #3 i think its great

If Melbourne keep their picks and get two great kids.... which can add to the likes of Jolly, Smith, Bell, Armstrong, Hunter, Johnston,Miller and Thompson.... they would almost follow the steps to being like St Kilda a good side with a good spread of young talent...

who will grow year by year...which would be great for Melbourne
Good post, and I agree.

The draft we got Chris Tarrant in was a real strong draft... this one aint

NO!

The '97 draft was about the worst in memory!

The top 10 was

1. Johnstone
2. Ottens
3. Croad
4. Bolton
5. Power
6. Walker (Freo)
7. Massie
8. Tarrant
9. Cornes
10. O'Bree

Fancy wasting a top 10 pick on Croad, Bolton, Walker, Massie or O'Bree (or no. 1 on Johnstone).

Your other draftees that year, Clokes were Walsey, Kinnear, Kirwen, Raso and Winston.

i am still sticking to the fact that pick #5 for stevens is the best port would get besides pick #3 which is also from us (demons)

if he doesnt want to play for it he can go into the draft

i hope he doesnt mind the colour blue

Remove this Banner Ad

Back