Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the liberty of creating a banner for Melbourne's next game:

nh77E9C.jpg

I haven't listened to this show since they changed back to the 1980s line up and gave norts the arse.

They just said Kashmir was by McCartney later corrected to Led Zeppelin.

Also thought we ran out to it pre match.

And the callers... gee wiz

This show is wild.

If Wanganeen wasn't a Port board member I'd have no problem with him being in the Essendon rooms. He is though and it shows bad judgement or an inability to say no on his part - qualities you don't want in someone whose job it is to provide governance and oversight of the club.
I didn't vote for him to provide governance and oversight. I voted for him because he kick the footyball.

I have less issue Gav being in the rooms than I do with a supporter base that votes on hero-status rather than demonstrated management/leadership/contribution at board level.

He used to play for them. Who gives a s**t!
Would be different if it was some random team, but they are his club as well as Port.
Yeah nah. Sorry, as soon as I saw Gav in their rooms, I thought 'wtf... isn't he a board member?"

Which ever way you slice it, bad look and bad judgment by Gav....

Indeed it was a big part of his life. But he's a board member for us now, so being in the Essendon rooms is a no go. If he wants the freedom to do things like visit the rooms of both clubs, he should vacate his seat on the board.
Nah, part of being on a board is cross club diplomacy.

Yeah might be an unpopular opinion but I think if you make the committment to a club at the of level of board member you don't go into rooms for a run of the mill game.

Premiership reunion yeah maybe, massive event related game or sick ex colleague game yeah but the everyday Good gear v's cbf's yeah nah.

Not a good look and poor choice in my opinion. You made a choice and committed. Commit or get off the pot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back