Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant find SEN SA online .. would listen to it while doing other things on my computer.

If on your computer......
Just go to sen.com.au and across the top is a dropdown menu allowing you to select your station.

Has LARS surgery for knees gone completely out of practise?

Sent from mTalk

In most cases, yes. LARS only works under specific conditions and even then it hasn't got the reliability or longevity of a traditional reconstruction. Traditional is still the best long term option. Recovery is focused on rehab followed by "pre-hab" to prevent the injury a second time around. It's got alot of study recently and there are many ways to help prevent them but many are actually genetic, Sam Hayes for example had a genetic issue with his and he was a time bomb really. Fixed now though.

Recurrences are nasty and may point to another issue that's contributing. Some people just have some nasty luck.

Has LARS surgery for knees gone completely out of practise?

Sent from mTalk
Yeah, in simple terms the longevity wasn' there and a higher risk of recurrence (although once you have one ACL rupture you are at higher risk of having another, even the "good" leg is at higher risk).

Interestingly in the EPL there have been some players who've come back successfully without surgery at all. Be interesting if it ever becomes in vogue in the AFL.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-10/top-blue-docherty-goes-down-with-suspected-acl-rupture
CARLTON'S worst fears have been realised, with co-captain Sam Docherty suffering another ACL injury.

The defender went down at training in an innocuous incident on Monday morning, and is expected to require his second knee reconstruction in little more than a year.

Yes terrible news for him. I hope he recovers well.
That sucks big time. All the best for his recovery.

Was listening to a fantasy podcast and had locked him into next years side already.

Talia's "mishap at home" seems pretty suss.

It funny that the Crows want to absolve themselves of guilt but it feels like he might have been doing something stupid (hence the lack of detail).

Cant wait til it comes out after they try and cover it up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Presumably tripped over the cat.

INTENTIONAL high-impact strikes to the head will no longer be referred directly to the Tribunal but instead attract an automatic three-match suspension under a suite of changes to the MRO system approved by the AFL Commission.

From 2019, intentional conduct involving high contact will only be referred directly to the Tribunal when the impact is graded by the MRO as severe, as Andrew Gaff's strike on Andrew Brayshaw was following the round 20 West Coast-Fremantle clash.

However, the Commission has also moved to increase the range of offences that will be referred directly to Tribunal, with stomping and eye gouging now added to a list that already included offences such as striking, attempting to strike or spitting at an umpire, and serious misconduct.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-11/mro-shakeup-crackdown-on-high-hits-umpire-contact

Last edited by a moderator:
p04b9248.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was an article about the crows starting to ramp up their training loads a week before Talia hurt his knee. I bet it flared up an old injury and they don't want any bad press after the injury madness last year.

Long story short, no one believes a thing that comes out of that club.

I obviously know a guy on the same team because I've heard the same story. Apparently the Port players were all good blokes but 'Tex is a GIANT flog' (his words). He's a Crows supporter.

I obviously know a guy on the same team because I've heard the same story. Apparently the Port players were all good blokes but 'Tex is a GIANT flog' (his words). He's a Crows supporter.

Its not like I wasn't warning everyone for years.

Sent from mTalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back