Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 10

edgie

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
On the contrary, all of his tattoos seem to match being the same style and colour. Tatts aren’t my thing but I think a consistent/connected collection of pieces looks way better than tribal plus Chinese character plus mangled baby portrait plus deep and meaningful quote with spelling mistakes plus full colour sleeve of favourite Pokémon.
This is true, but they are AWFULLY feminine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Papa G

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
DGAF about Wingard.

Just sick of seeing the Hawks. When they had their threepeat it was mostly well earned. Now since then it feels like teams keep handing them first 22 players for a box of cheese and bacon shapes and it infuriates me. Is this league serious about equalisation or not? Because maybe they should practise it rather than insist the admin do it all.
Well earned? It was the opposite of well earned.

DaTBird187

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
It was a list largely made through good drafting and shrewd trading.

Now their list is being propped up with good players that have just fallen in to their lap in the trade periods.
A priority pick (right at the top of the draft no less) for being shit for all of three minutes didn't hurt. Two generational forwards later.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
DGAF about Wingard.

Just sick of seeing the Hawks. When they had their threepeat it was mostly well earned. Now since then it feels like teams keep handing them first 22 players for a box of cheese and bacon shapes and it infuriates me. Is this league serious about equalisation or not? Because maybe they should practise it rather than insist the admin do it all.
Well earned ???

I tell ya what if we were given as many priority picks leading up to their window as that lot !!! Just wow

DaTBird187

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Then they fell into the well timed expansion of the league so the talent to challenge them spread thinner.

They deserve a bit of credit cos they still did a lot of things right but they sure had a heck of a lot of things go their way to create a perfect storm.
Meanwhile we peak at the same time as the combined powers of The All-Blacks, Golden State Warriors and Barcelona decide to morph into an AFL side and then plunge the depths of despair when all that's to be handed out in assistance is Krusty's Imitation Gruel.

Timing hey.

wannabejack

All Australian
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Meanwhile we peak at the same time as the combined powers of The All-Blacks, Golden State Warriors and Barcelona decide to morph into an AFL side and then plunge the depths of despair when all that's to be handed out in assistance is Krusty's Imitation Gruel.

Timing hey.
Even better with Malk
1547178646104.png

Last edited:

Grave Danger

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Mitchell to undergo surgery on his leg over the weekend and Hawks have now said they expect him to miss the season. I guess its rare that you would get anyone back after 6 or 7 months, from a broken leg.

The AFL will probably find some loophole to let the Hawks re-draft Sam Mitchell as a replacement under the new SSP rules.

edgie

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
No, but it does honestly look like he walked in to a tattoo place and said 'have at it'. To me its super unlikely a young man, one that's an AFL player, would amass such a collection by deliberate choice.

Sent from mTalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chiwigi

I’ll make tears from your Wines.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Turned out to be quite nasty:
Actually one of the better outcomes.

Ankle and foot would have been worse, and of course femur would be disastrous.

I snapped my tib and fib near the ankle joint. Never have any issues with it, though I do get soreness where I ripped off all the ankle ligaments.

JUSTWORK

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Actually one of the better outcomes.

Ankle and foot would have been worse, and of course femur would be disastrous.

I snapped my tib and fib near the ankle joint. Never have any issues with it, though I do get soreness where I ripped off all the ankle ligaments.
Femur would be worse ?

Boxx

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Mitchell will come back just fine once the Tibial nail is removed later in the year - its not like he has any pace to lose!

BUT - the likelihood of a recurring fracture just proximal or just distal to the initial fracture site is high if he rushes back too soon!

Top Bottom