Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So that means you were in KT’s corner when he said we had the team to win the flag.
Talent hasn't been the issue for a number of years now.

If Hinkley does ever get us there (with the right mix in the box around him) my reaction would be: about ******* time old mate! rather than cupping his balls.

Last edited:

JUSTWORK

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Say what you like about Hawthorn and how they had "luck" or whatever but I have no doubt in my mind Clarkson would've won a flag with what Hinkley's had to work with by now.
More then just one, and not just Clarkson that would have.

He's has more then enough at his disposal, but completely failed to do anything with it.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
Say what you like about Hawthorn and how they had "luck" or whatever but I have no doubt in my mind Clarkson would've won a flag with what Hinkley's had to work with by now.
We wouldnt have drafted and traded in half the players we have, with Clarkson at the helm.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Conversely, Hinkley would probably be a premiership winning coach if he got the AFL-designated 'luck' that Clarkson has had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

edgie

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Yeah agree with this. We chronically struggled with Sydney at that point. The question is would Sydney have not shown up against us in the same way they didnt show up against Hawthorn?
They showed up, but Hawthorn overwhelmed them with a 2007 style first half.

Sent from mTalk

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
Yeah agree with this. We chronically struggled with Sydney at that point. The question is would Sydney have not shown up against us in the same way they didnt show up against Hawthorn?
Hawks physically smashed Sydney in the first half and the game was over at half time. We wouldn't have gone about it that way. Sydney showed up but the Hawks were brutal on them. We didn't play a physical brand of footy in 2014. We just ran hard.

rogerjames

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hawks took out Hannebery in the first few minutes. He was their best midfielder at that time. It was all down hill from there.

PowerBaz

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Talent hasn't been the issue for a number of years now.

If Hinkley does ever get us there (with the right mix in the box around him) my reaction would be: about ******* time old mate! rather than cupping his balls.

Logs into Big Footy for the first time in a long time 'Cupping his balls'...... Good to see nothings changed!

Top Bottom