Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a boring and dumb topic, which shouldn't even be a topic for discussion if Adelaide just played by the same rule book as everyone else.

Theoretically I could pay an Indian call centre to sign up 2,000,000 times and the Crows would report a membership base bigger than the population of South Australia.

Why pay?

There's forums where you can post a link to a sign up form for bored kiddie-scripters to set bots onto it just for the fun of it.

The We Fly As One 'membership' sign up is only a step up from a Google Form, with no authentication, no spambot check, no user-accessible account information, no email checking... it is literally a spam-list harvesting tool.

Why pay?

There's forums where you can post a link to a sign up form for bored kiddie-scripters to set bots onto it just for the fun of it.

The We Fly As One 'membership' sign up is only a step up from a Google Form, with no authentication, no spambot check, no user-accessible account information, no email checking... it is literally a spam-list harvesting tool.

To any of youse who used your own email address to create a spoof WFA1 sign-up last year, have you been spammed by Toyota dealerships since?

Why pay?

I’m giggling way too hard at the thought of them claiming a bot-pumped membership number that’s higher than all the other club memberships combined.

Why pay?

Someone needs to get them up to something ridiculous like 1 million "members" to show how disgraceful the whole thing is.

Last edited:
Someone needs to get them up to something ridiculous like 1 million "members" to show how disgraceful the whole thing is.
They’ll just claim a number they are comfortable with. It’s not checked after all.

We exist to be slightly better than Prot Powar

The best part of it is that from 2005 to 2012 - 8 full seasons of footy - we weren’t even at the races in terms of being able to compete financially with anyone let alone them in isolation.

And yet in that span PooRT PooWeR actually got closer to another premiership than TMAFC. But nah, such awesometric dominance bro.

Disagree.

Western Australia will have double the population of South Australia in a few years.
Its gross state product (read- economy) is 3 times as large.

Even if Adelaide weren't run by muppets with their eyes locked on us instead of the bigger picture, their potential is still far smaller.

They will never be a West Coast.

I don't think it is a stretch to say that SA Footy punches well above its weight given our state economy and population. I agree that Adelaide's ceiling isn't as high as West Coast's moving forward but I stand by my statement. Adelaide was managed to unprofitability at AAMI stadium because it had to carry the weight of the SANFL boys' club. If SA Footy had a different operational structure, say like that of WA Footy, I'm confident Adelaide's performance would have mirrored West Coast's over the past decade. Or at the very least, Adelaide would have been much closer to West Coast than just better than Ports. Adelaide has historically had better stadium attendance than West Coast until Perth Stadium opened this year. It's only been the last 2-3 years that West Coast has really exploded forward but even Adelaide had a post-GF boost that hasn't translated to the bottom line the same way it has for West Coast.

Why pay?

Do you see where I'm going with this:fire:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question, why?

If people are interested couldn't they just follow those Twitter accounts themselves?
Well I guess we could all stop posting links if you think that makes BF more interesting. I actually enjoy reading links that others post. But I guess we are all different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back