Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is clearly not just a "problem with alcohol " if he clenches his jaw any harder he'll lose a few teeth. Surprised he wasn't trying to consume his lips with all that jaw work going on.
1552956858053.png

West Coast have increased overall revenue by $18 million in 2018. Think I predicted their membership revenue could be $35 million after the move to Optus. I was close. $34.7 mill. This club is so far in front of everybody else it isnt funny.
Where do you get the $34.7m figure for memberships?

They had $9.8m from gate takings (up from $2.3m) because they have to leave 10,000 tickets for non members - 7,000 for GA, 1,385 for stadium members, 1,000 for tourism packages, 400 for visiting team and rest for stadium operators use.

Direct membership income was $24.9m up $3.1m

The other big jump is from corporate boxes up $4.1m and signage at the new ground up $1.9m

1552957728615.png

Where do you get the $34.7m figure for memberships?

They had $9.8m from gate takings (up from $2.3m) because they have to leave 10,000 tickets for non members - 7,000 for GA, 1,385 for stadium members, 1,000 for tourism packages, 400 for visiting team and rest for stadium operators use.

Direct membership income was $24.9m up $3.1m

The other big jump is from corporate boxes up $4.1m and signage at the new ground up $1.9m

View attachment 637445

Included match revenue and Membership together. Where does this match revenue come from? Game day tickets? I thought there was bugger all of those? Sounds like these are packages sold by the club which you'd have to say would equate to a membership of sorts?

Where does this match revenue come from? Game day tickets?

The Barnett government forced 10,000 seats not to be sold to club members of both sides. They wanted more general public to have access as well as saw what happened with AO and wanted footy tourism $$$.

That's why I didn't think there would be a massive jump as 11 game ticket memberships would have gone from around 39k~40k (Subi max attendance was 43k and AFL say 3,000 tickets have to be left for public to buy at all major grounds) to 50k. But I expected the direct membership income to be in the $28m~$30m range.

The Barnett government forced 10,000 seats not to be sold to club members of both sides. They wanted more general public to have access as well as saw what happened with AO and wanted footy tourism $$$.

That's why I didn't think there would be a massive jump as 11 game ticket memberships would have gone from around 39k~40k (Subi max attendance was 43k and AFL say 3,000 tickets have to be left for public to buy at all major grounds) to 50k. But I expected the direct membership income to be in the $28m~$30m range.

So effectively, them being forced by the WA govt to give up 10,000 seats from memberships, effectively makes them more money than they would have by selling them as memberships. Got to hand it to West Coast, it all comes up Milhouse.

Probably does have mental health problems.

Still absolutely no excuse to be drunk and dropping pingers at such a frequency its making you miss training and matches.

...and fighting blokes in car parks and acquiring rib injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL have done a malcom (sort of as they at least got all the letters in there) to Scott Pendlebury
View attachment 637542

Regardless of spelling that handwriting looks like it was done by someone who did a weekend calligraphy course as the WEA. You would think for such an award they get a professional to do it, would also get spell checking thrown in for free

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back